Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprightly

Top aide urges county employees to attend ‘very important’ announcement about Kevin Kamenetz’s political future

117 posts in this topic

A top Baltimore County government official has urged his staff’s “full participation” on Monday in a “very important announcement” by County Executive Kevin Kamenetz (D), who is expected to launch a run for governor this week.

“We have been invited to join County Executive Kamenetz on Monday, September 18th at 11:15 am as he has a very important announcement to make,” says the email from county IT chief Robert R. Stradling to employees of his agency. “I am encouraging full participation to support our County Executive as he makes this very important announcement.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/top-aide-urges-county-employees-to-attend-very-important-announcement-about-kevin-kamenetzs-political-future/2017/09/17/7b20497a-9bbc-11e7-9083-fbfddf6804c2_story.html?utm_term=.1c8384267536

"Sean Naron, a spokesman for Kamenetz’s political operation, said the county executive “will be making an announcement about his future Monday.” He declined to provide further details.

County spokeswoman Stacie Burgess said Kamenetz’s announcement is not government-related."

So he's not announcing his run for Governor during his 11:15 a.m. announcement? M'kay. Well, except for:

Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz said he is joining the race to be Maryland's next governor.

Kamenetz posted on Twitter early Monday that he will announce his candidacy later in the day.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/baltimore-county-executive-kevin-kamenetz-to-announce-bid-in-governors-race/12264858

Maybe it's another major announcement. Maybe he's announcing that he is stepping down.

Excellent start, Kevin! Just perfect!  :D

Edited by Sprightly

Disappointing. I thought he might be announcing that AC was finally installed in those county schools.

12 minutes ago, Bowie-Bruce said:

Disappointing. I thought he might be announcing that AC was finally installed in those county schools.

From Facebook: 

I’m a lifelong Marylander. I’m a lifelong Democrat. And I am the best Democrat in this race to beat Larry Hogan next year, and take back our state from the likes of Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Jeff Sessions.

Do those guys own a HVAC company? 

He's going to remind everyone again that his job is to talk and our job is to listen. 

http://www.wbal.com/article/264793/21/kamenetz-running-for-governor

On Facebook, Kamenetz wrote, "I’m a lifelong Marylander. I’m a lifelong Democrat. And I am the best Democrat in this race to beat Larry Hogan next year, and take back our state from the likes of Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Jeff Sessions."

Since when has Maryland been in the grips of "the likes of Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Jeff Sessions"?

Oh great a Mini-me Donald Trump wrapped in Democrats clothing.:lol:

As I said....my belief .... with everyone but my wife and myself running for Gov as Dems.....I think this is 'wet finger in the wind' to see what the chances are for a REAL run after Hogans next term is over.

Edited by Guido2

All Hogan has to do is bring up the schools AC issues next August and Kam will be toast.

Kevin implicitly made Baltimore County a "sanctuary" county. That was enough to cost him my vote.

Mechanically, Kevin was probably a decent county executive but his very liberal political viewpoint disqualifies him for Governor IMO,

Edited by retired

1 hour ago, Papi said:

In the feeble minds of some, that is the case. Sad, isn't it? Plus they left out Mitch McConnell. :lol:

Don't think Mitch would care .....

2 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

http://www.wbal.com/article/264793/21/kamenetz-running-for-governor

Since when has Maryland been in the grips of "the likes of Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Jeff Sessions"?

Pretty difficult case to make. POTUS hates those guys. I don't eve think you can call the President a Republican anymore... 

And Hoagy is pretty clear about keeping his distance from Trump

Edited by Scaggsville

3 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

If KK thinks he'll get elected by running against Trump, Sessions and Ryan, he'll lose. ASK HRC how running against Trump and not focusing on issues worked for her!

Actually I sort of retract my mini-me comment. KK is really MOM but with less class and a bigger bug up his butt.

But in both cases the ME factor is real high...like over the moon.

5 hours ago, Eastsider said:

Is this the leader you want for Maryland?

Likely on file of everyone of his primary opponents ......

Isn't it some kind of ethics violation for county employees to attend political events on county time?

3 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Isn't it some kind of ethics violation for county employees to attend political events on county time?

If they're getting Federal funding it could possibly fall under the Hatch Act.

27 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Yeah, it's supposed to be, and Kev's announcement raises questions right out of the gate.  Let's see what happens.  My guess is nothing.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-kamenetz-announcement-20170916-story.html

Kamenetz’s chief of staff said county employees would be reminded to keep their county work separate from political participation, after the county’s information technology director got “overly exuberant” and emailed his employees Friday to encourage them to attend the event. 

Kamenetz’s chief of staff, Don Mohler, said Rob Stradling — the IT director — erred in sending the email. He said the county would remind employees about the need to keep political activity separate from government work. 

“You can’t blend the government work day with political work,” Mohler said. He planned to ask IT officials to search emails to see if anyone else has improperly discussed campaigns while on county time. 

Stradling wrote to his employees on Friday: “I am encouraging full participation to support our County Executive as he makes this very important announcement.”  

Stradling followed up with an email on Sunday: “To clarify my email regarding Monday’s announcement by the County Executive, if you choose to attend, you will need to use your personal leave time or attend on your lunch hour.” 

Using government email to encourage attendance at a campaign event during the workday risks violating campaign finance or ethics laws, said Jennifer Bevan-Dangel, executive director of the government watchdog group Common Cause Maryland.

The Dems are fully aware of Governor Hogan's popularity because he has done a good job so they all will  try desperately -- and pathetically -- to tie him to Trump and the GOP establishment in Washington.

They will try this, all the while knowing full well they are lying through their teeth, and Kevin Kamenetz has  just shown how loudly they will shout the lies.

Maryland Democrats were smart enough to reject their party's incompetent candidate (later electing  him to Congress where he is lost in a sea of incompetence) and seeing how well Hogan has governed Maryland I hope they will reprise their intelligence and not vote for a Democrat just because he is a Democrat.

35 minutes ago, retired said:

The Dems are fully aware of Governor Hogan's popularity because he has done a good job so they all will  try desperately -- and pathetically -- to tie him to Trump and the GOP establishment in Washington.

They will try this, all the while knowing full well they are lying through their teeth, and Kevin Kamenetz has  just shown how loudly they will shout the lies.

Maryland Democrats were smart enough to reject their party's incompetent candidate (later electing  him to Congress where he is lost in a sea of incompetence) and seeing how well Hogan has governed Maryland I hope they will reprise their intelligence and not vote for a Democrat just because he is a Democrat.

It's almost as if Hogan IS a dem. But seriously folks, I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't waste my time voting for him. I thought he would have made Maryland a "shall issue" state BUT..........hahahaha! Joke's on me. He knows the criminals here prefer unarmed victims, and criminals vote!:lol: