Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprightly

Top aide urges county employees to attend ‘very important’ announcement about Kevin Kamenetz’s political future

117 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

No.  I didn't say the post was dumb.  More that anyone that never changed their mind is dumb.  You stated that you had views that would never change.  I don't.

Really? Here's what I said:   On the 2nd amendment I've never changed my position here on the forum. When I was very young I was pro Capitol punishment , but for the past 40 years and the entire time I've posted on this forum I haven't changed it. And to answer your other question , I don't consider myself a radical partisan because I changed my position on environmental regulation ON THIS FORUM.  

You said:  that you had views that would never change.  "would" indicates future tense.

I said:      I've never changed .  "  I've never changed" indicates past tense.   See the difference? Of course you do . You're not interested in honest exchange of ideas. You just want to argue and call names. I spell it out. When you posted (No.  I didn't say the post was dumb.  More that anyone that never changed their mind is dumb.  You stated that you had views that would never change. 

No.  I didn't say the post was dumb: That's back peddling. You began your post with "That's dumb".

More that anyone that never changed their mind is dumb.: That's just name calling.  You stated that you had views that would never change. That was to put it politely was a misquote. To be more direct, since you knew dang well I didn't say that, that would be a lie.

Bye Bye

Edited by mrdeltoid

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Eastsider said:

Is this the leader you want for Maryland?

That is Hogan's campaign commercial

A letter to the editor in The Sun today takes KevKam down quite a few notches, pointing out that he's running for Governor, nor President, so any mention of Trump, Ryan and Sessions is completely irrelevant.

Kamenetz is trying to set up a straw man against Hogan so he'll have something to beat on, even though his arguments are hollow.

I hope Hogan uses the KK I talk-You listen clip (and that photo) in every campaign ad. Talk about an indelible image!!

If the democrats are going to run on tying Hogan to Trump then they have lost before the race even begins.  Hogan has more support now then he had in 2014 when he won the first time.  Democrats are going to have to convince some of those voters that he has not done a good job and that they have better ideas.  Hogan's supporters know how many times he has come out against Trump.  Trying to tie Trump to Hogan basically says we have nothing and will not convince anyone to change sides.

Hogan's latest plan to spend 9 billion on new roads after scraping the redline will not make him many friends. 

I strongly disagree. The Red Line would be a hugely expensive addition to what is a minimal subway system which is used by a fraction of the populace. In contrast, most everyone alive is intimately familiar with the commuter hell that is 495, 270, and 295, and the blessed relief which additional lanes would bring. 

Another smart move by the governor.

Blessed relief is a pipe dream. Every study done on road expansion and expanding the lanes on the beltway shows that the traffic grows to the capacity of the road within a few years. 

The goal has to be to get people off the roads and an efficient rail system would be a good way to do it. Both the Subway and the Light Rail in Baltimore are only down payments that should be built out. Should be no reason in this country why you cannot take a commuter rail line from Aberdeen to Frederick or Hunt Valley to Essex and Arbutus. or from Annapolis to Westminster. 

Hogan's fetish with road building is looking more and more bizarre. 

5 hours ago, retired said:

A letter to the editor in The Sun today takes KevKam down quite a few notches, pointing out that he's running for Governor, nor President, so any mention of Trump, Ryan and Sessions is completely irrelevant.

Kamenetz is trying to set up a straw man against Hogan so he'll have something to beat on, even though his arguments are hollow.

I hope Hogan uses the KK I talk-You listen clip (and that photo) in every campaign ad. Talk about an indelible image!!

I wouldn't take for granted that Governor Hogan will be facing KK in the General Election. KK has competition in the Primary who will probably also use that clip.

That photo is a great one though.

2 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Hogan's latest plan to spend 9 billion on new roads after scraping the redline will not make him many friends. 

2 hours ago, Bowie-Bruce said:

I strongly disagree. The Red Line would be a hugely expensive addition to what is a minimal subway system which is used by a fraction of the populace. In contrast, most everyone alive is intimately familiar with the commuter hell that is 495, 270, and 295, and the blessed relief which additional lanes would bring. 

Another smart move by the governor.

I would have to agree with Bowie-Bruce on this one. The Redline only appealed to a small group of the population who would use it in the city while almost everyone used the roads and would love to see them improved.

If he proposed to build high speed or commuter rail where he is proposing roads then we would have something. 

1 hour ago, Woodbuchr said:

I would have to agree with Bowie-Bruce on this one. The Redline only appealed to a small group of the population who would use it in the city while almost everyone used the roads and would love to see them improved.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

If he proposed to build high speed or commuter rail where he is proposing roads then we would have something. 

How many people are going to ride the train as opposed to driving?  Probably the same few that would ride the subway.

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

If it would be close to getting people to work on time that could be relied upon it could work.

4 hours ago, sparky1 said:

yeah its called debt for marginal use, but it will make some people "feel good"

21 hours ago, overtaxed said:

How many people are going to ride the train as opposed to driving?  Probably the same few that would ride the subway.

21 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If it would be close to getting people to work on time that could be relied upon it could work.

Most Americans prefer their private automobiles to public transportation, that's a fact There are a multitude of automobile enthusiast periodicals  available in the USA, and i'd challenge anyone here to provide the name of a similar, nationally known  magazine dedicated to public transportation "enthusiasts."  :)

Edited by blowboatbethesda