Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

2017 MLB Playoff Predictions?

9 posts in this topic

There are some REALLY REALLY strong teams in the playoffs this year. I cannot think back to a better setup for the playoffs..it should be a lot of fun.

AL:

Wildcard: Twins beat Yankees (upset pick! but really anyone can win 1 game..toss a coin)

Indians beat Twins

Sox beat Astros

Indians beat Sox

NL:

Wildcard: Diamondbacks beat Brewers (upset pick =Rockies hold final spot currently)

Nationals beat Cubs

Diamondbacks beat Dodgers

Nationals beat Diamondbacks (some wishful thinking here)

Who does everyone like? Can't wait!

I think the Indians win it all this year... however I would like to see the Nationals at least make it to the WS, I know a lot of people here would disagree, but they have a really good team.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I think the Indians win it all this year... however I would like to see the Nationals at least make it to the WS, I know a lot of people here would disagree, but they have a really good team.

the NL is LOADED this year. Honestly, I cannot remember so many strong teams headed into the playoffs...even the Brewers (who I picked and don't' currently hold a spot) are good.

I agree with you on both (being a Nats fan too). Indians are absurdly hot right now. But so where Dodgers...and Nationals....Cubs are starting to get hot now too which scares me.

It should be a lot of fun!

At least we won't have to sit through another extra inning Wild Card game hoping for one of the O's to run into a fastball. 

That was brutal.

Yanks will beat the Twins but lose to the Indians

Astros will beat the Red Sox

Astros-Indians ALCS will go 7 games but the Indians will win

The Indians will win the World Series this year 

I don't know enough about the NL to handicap it but the Diamondbacks seem like the hottest NL team right now

1 hour ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

At least we won't have to sit through another extra inning Wild Card game hoping for one of the O's to run into a fastball. 

That was brutal.

I can see the play-by-play now...

With 3 outs to go and the Indians up by 11, no way they could blow this lead...Francona turns to newly acquired Ubaldo Jimenz with only 3 outs needed and the Indians up 12 to 2....

(I know they couldn't actually use him or trade for him..but still..)

:)

Houston over LA Dodgers in World Series