Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy Jazz

Strange v Moore (Alabama Senate Primary)

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Always about race with you. :rolleyes:

That's the history of your party.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

That's the history of your party.

HISTORY as in the past of the party.  Not today's Democratic party.  But you and a few others refuse to accept that the Democrats and Republicans switched sides.

46 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

HISTORY as in the past of the party.  Not today's Democratic party.  But you and a few others refuse to accept that the Democrats and Republicans switched sides.

10 minutes ago, Manny said:

As long as you guys continue to insinuate that minorities, particularly blacks, cannot "step off the plantation" and think for themselves, Democrats will not have to worry about keeping their vote locked up.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

As long as you guys continue to insinuate that minorities, particularly blacks, cannot "step off the plantation" and think for themselves, Democrats will not have to worry about keeping their vote locked up.

Unlike many of you people, I don't affiliate with either party. The Democrats cannot deny their racist history. Their bigotry continues by only giving lip service to African Americans.

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Unlike many of you people, I don't affiliate with either party. The Democrats cannot deny their racist history. Their bigotry continues by only giving lip service to African Americans.

I think they're more than capable of deciding what's in their best interests and voting accordingly.

Past is past and no one gives a flying fart about it when casting their vote. What matters is present.

Edited by Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I think they're more than capable of deciding what's in their best interests and voting accordingly.

Past is past and no one gives a flying fart about it when casting their vote. What matters is present.

Some people like living in the past, especially the '50's.  I, myself, prefer living in the present.

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Some people like living in the past, especially the '50's.  I, myself, prefer living in the present.

Democrats gave been promising to address the same social ills for the past 60 years. When do they plan on starting the process?

9 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Funny that blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Jews all vote Democratic.

Guess they're all just dumb, huh?

Edited by ms maggie

4 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Funny that blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Jews all vote Democratic.

Guess they're all just dumb, huh?

All?  I think you mean overwhelmingly.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/alabama_senate_runoff_live_upd.html#incart_most-readpolitics

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore on Tuesday defeated incumbent Luther Strange to claim the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat once held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The Associated Press projected Moore's victory shortly after the Senate Leadership Fund, which strongly supported Strange, conceded the race.

"Senator Strange can hold his head high knowing that he played a critical role in cleaning up the corruption in Montgomery, confirming President Trump's choice for the Supreme Court, and strongly supporting the President's priorities on border security and repealing Obamacare. While we were honored to have fought hard for Big Luther, Judge Roy Moore won this nomination fair and square and he has our support, as it is vital that we keep this seat in Republican hands" the SLF statement read.

The Republican party is getting crazier by the month; the Trump takeover appears to be working quite well.

When you "upgrade" from Sessions to Moore in the Senate, you're really shooting for the moon.

From Strange to strangest.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:06 PM, Baltimatt said:

All?  I think you mean overwhelmingly.

Obviously. 

Just now, michiganjoe said:

Grifter

His wife and a couple of kids were working the play as well.

So many dishonest religious people. It's enough to make one repudiate religion. In my case, it did! (Well, that was part of it.)

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

So many dishonest religious people. It's enough to make one repudiate religion. In my case, it did! (Well, that was part of it.)

Well, get used to it. The likes of Moore, whose power will go as geographic demographics give more power to red state senators will help protect us from those CA and NY pols you expressed concern about.

13 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Well, get used to it. The likes of Moore, whose power will go as geographic demographics give more power to red state senators will help protect us from those CA and NY pols you expressed concern about.

I don't want California and New York calling all the shots, which is what would happen if we remade the Senate as you seem to prefer, to be based on population. It would break the country. Maybe, based on your posts reflecting a deep dislike of it, you'd like it to break into smaller countries?

The people of Alabama are entitled to representation that reflects their values. Even if their values are nutty to me.

3 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

I don't want California and New York calling all the shots, which is what would happen if we remade the Senate as you seem to prefer, to be based on population. It would break the country. Maybe, based on your posts reflecting a deep dislike of it, you'd like it to break into smaller countries?

The people of Alabama are entitled to representation that reflects their values. Even if their values are nutty to me.

How would making our government more democratic "break it", as if 70% of the population being represented by 30% of the Senate isn't, itself, a reflection of a broken democratic republic?

And be prepared for those nutty ideas to be foisted on us as these nuts get more power.

This sort of rancid and hateful prejudice against the people of California and New York, as if they amount to less, is a great example of just why the current disproportionate representation should be abolished.

Edited by Calamari

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

How would making our government more democratic "break it", as if 70% of the population being represented by 30% of the Senate isn't, itself, a reflection of a broken democratic republic?

And be prepared for those nutty ideas to be foisted on us as these nuts get more power.

I shouldn't have to explain this to a teacher. The people everywhere else in the country, tired of being dictated to by people who have little or nothing in common with them, would sooner or later wish to leave. If they got angry enough about it, we'd have another civil war. Even if they didn't, is it right for people in two states to dictate to people in 48? Plus, we already have one of two houses of Congress that is allotted by population.

The people of New York and California don't amount to less, but neither do they amount to more.

The Founding Fathers were wiser than either of you appear to be.

And, I'll wager, we wouldn't be hearing a whisper from you if those people were Republicans. I remember you complaining about gerrymandering in Texas, but somehow not finding a problem with it in Maryland. If you were partisan there, I'd imagine you'd be partisan here as well.

Edited by Evil Yoda

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

Edited by Evil Yoda

20 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

I shouldn't have to explain this to a teacher. The people everywhere else in the country, tired of being dictated to by people who have little or nothing in common with them, would sooner or later wish to leave. If they got angry enough about it, we'd have another civil war. Even if they didn't, is it right for people in two states to dictate to people in 48? Plus, we already have one of two houses of Congress that is allotted by population.

The people of New York and California don't amount to less, but neither do they amount to more.

The Founding Fathers were wiser than either of you appear to be.

And, I'll wager, we wouldn't be hearing a whisper from you if those people were Republicans. I remember you complaining about gerrymandering in Texas, but somehow not finding a problem with it in Maryland. If you were partisan there, I'd imagine you'd be partisan here as well.

Nobody said the senate should be apportioned like the House. UVA professor Larry Sabato suggests giving the ten largest states 2 more senators and the next ten largest one more senator. Why are you so concerned by the minority being dictated to by the majority with no concern for the majority being dictated to by the minority? This turns democratic logic on its head. 

The Founders in their wisdom clearly did not envision the likes of a demagogue like Donald Trump running the country. But that's what they have given us with the electoral college. Indeed, they believed the electoral college would prevent it. So much for their wisdom. 

Edited by hst2