Rob

Game Threads Thread (9/18/17) to 10/1/17)

268 posts in this topic

Yep this team quit like a dog on ole Buckeroo.  Disgraceful performances by the players and manger. Clean the darn house already.  

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yep this team quit like a dog on ole Buckeroo.  Disgraceful performances by the players and manger. Clean the darn house already.  

Specifically, who quit?

4-19 FINISH

If there were 13 more games left they might have gone 4-32 again!

10 hours ago, pitbull said:

Specifically, who quit?

4-19 for gods sake!  Buck lost this team.  I know you love Buck, but get your head out of the sand.  

Wow offense with 3 hits and 18Ks to finish year.  Talk about mailing it in.  At least Gausman showed some pride.  Hope he and Bundy can carry it into next year.  Brach and Britton's value has now cratered.  God this team couldnt do anything right this year.

Posted (edited)

I got the impression the last few weeks that they no longer cared as much about the outcome of the game as they did about their own personal highlights.  Call it quitting or whatever, but I did feel like there was a change in attitude or focus overall.

And frankly, if you're standing there in the field behind a Miley or Jimenez, or even this year a Tillman, watching them put you in a hole 2 out of every 3 games... knowing ahead of time it's going to happen... and then looking at the manager knowing it's just going to keep happening... there has to be a point where you mentally check out of it a little bit.  I don't care what they might say about Ubaldo and how much they might like him personally, but if you're going on 4 years of watching Buck trot him out to start games without fail, no matter how poorly he's done... how can you NOT be a little turned off by that?  Miley too, he was trending down before he came here, and has been miserable since arriving.  Tillman... Buck gave him too much rope (which Buck does with veterans), but at least he wasn't that far removed from being a solid front half of the rotation arm... so maybe you hope he gets it back a little longer than the other two.  But even that one went too far...

Edited by Ravens2006

Well, it's been FUN! See you all next year. Same time, same station!!!

;)

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

4-19 for gods sake!  Buck lost this team.  I know you love Buck, but get your head out of the sand.  

Hang in there, Man of Crouse! Enjoyed reading your posts this season. T/C.

11 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Bancells 

A man of few words. Hang in there BIG D! Don't let those high flying Iggles crap all over your 'Boys dreams!!

;)

41 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

A man of few words. Hang in there BIG D! Don't let those high flying Iggles crap all over your 'Boys dreams!!

;)

Lol it could possibly be a long sports season here 

8 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol it could possibly be a long sports season here 

That it could. That it could. That's why it's important to shop early and shop often at your local liquor store!!

:D

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

That it could. That it could. That's why it's important to shop early and shop often at your local liquor store!!

Neex to find a new drink for the winter lol

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Neex to find a new drink for the winter lol

Nothing like a couple Irish Coffees to warm the innards!!

3 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Hang in there, Man of Crouse! Enjoyed reading your posts this season. T/C.

Yeah man , same here on your posts.  We'll do it again next year.  I'll probably pop in during hot stove league to see what stellar starting pitching we acquired.:D  

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

I got the impression the last few weeks that they no longer cared as much about the outcome of the game as they did about their own personal highlights.  Call it quitting or whatever, but I did feel like there was a change in attitude or focus overall.

And frankly, if you're standing there in the field behind a Miley or Jimenez, or even this year a Tillman, watching them put you in a hole 2 out of every 3 games... knowing ahead of time it's going to happen... and then looking at the manager knowing it's just going to keep happening... there has to be a point where you mentally check out of it a little bit.  I don't care what they might say about Ubaldo and how much they might like him personally, but if you're going on 4 years of watching Buck trot him out to start games without fail, no matter how poorly he's done... how can you NOT be a little turned off by that?  Miley too, he was trending down before he came here, and has been miserable since arriving.  Tillman... Buck gave him too much rope (which Buck does with veterans), but at least he wasn't that far removed from being a solid front half of the rotation arm... so maybe you hope he gets it back a little longer than the other two.  But even that one went too far...

Good post.  You relayed what I was trying to say much better than I did.  Saying the guys quit was probably too strong on my part,  but as you point out having to play behind UJ, Miley, Tilly, ect would finally wear you down.  Behind 6-0 in the third all the time.  And Buck just keeps trotting them out there.  And lets just see the offense crumble with Davis and Trumbo hitting back to back all year.  Playing with indifference as we got no shot to win anyway is probably a better way to put it. If the manager isn't going to put us in position to try and win, then why should I  care - is what I think the guys are showing.

Edited by CROUSEMAN

44 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah man , same here on your posts.  We'll do it again next year.  I'll probably pop in during hot stove league to see what stellar starting pitching we acquired.:D  

Come over to the Ravens board, man. We all get along over there!!

;)

(DUCK!!! INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)