Rob

Game Threads Thread (9/18/17) to 10/1/17)

268 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Is there some kind of record for a team losing by more than 6 runs in a season?

I wonder how many games we've allowed 6 or more. And how many times we scored 6 or more.

Be back when I tally the results.

If my math is correct, they allowed 6 or more runs in 32 games in the first half alone!

Edited by Rob

Surprisingly, the Orioles scored 6 or more runs in 29 games in the first half.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

Surprisingly, the Orioles scored 6 or more runs in 29 games in the first half.

The bats saved them in the first half. Not so much in the second half. Thanks for checking the stats.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

8-0. Wow. Just Wow.

This team SUCKS

Agree. Starting to really dislike this team and management.  Disgusted. 

Chris Sale is really good, and after tonight, he might have put himself back at the forefront of the AL Cy Young voting.

Recorded his 300th strikeout tonight, something only 14 other pitchers have done in a season. Sale is also the just the second pitcher in MLB history to have five consecutive seasons of at least 200 K's and 50 walks or less. The other was Doc Halladay.

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

This team has quit on Buck. The absolute cow dung of a rotation (other than Gaus and Bundy) has finally cut the guts out of this team. 

No, they haven't. They played consecutive extra-inning games against a team that needs these games much worse than the Orioles. That hardly suggests a team which has quit.

5 hours ago, mdrunning said:

No, they haven't. They played consecutive extra-inning games against a team that needs these games much worse than the Orioles. That hardly suggests a team which has quit.

Oh Really?  2-11 record last 13 says otherwise.  zero runs in the last 20 some innings say otherwise.  Towel has been launched.  Buck did a very poor job this year in putting this team in a position to succeed.  His terrible personnel decisions (starting Uj and Tilly 42 times for ex.), poor fundamentals and lousy in-game decisions helped sink this team.  Buck gets a D minus for the year. Worst team of DD/Buck era but with the biggest payroll.  Hmmmm?  Buck is at the end of the road for being effective.  He is a stubborn dinosaur. Oh and how about his brilliance in batting Trumbo/Davis back to back all year.

Edited by CROUSEMAN

Went to the game last night.  It's obvious the fans have given up due to the September mail in.

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Oh Really?  2-11 record last 13 says otherwise.  zero runs in the last 20 some innings say otherwise.  Towel has been launched.  Buck did a very poor job this year in putting this team in a position to succeed.  His terrible personnel decisions (starting Uj and Tilly 42 times for ex.), poor fundamentals and lousy in-game decisions helped sink this team.  Buck gets a D minus for the year. Worst team of DD/Buck era but with the biggest payroll.  Hmmmm?  Buck is at the end of the road for being effective.  He is a stubborn dinosaur. Oh and how about his brilliance in batting Trumbo/Davis back to back all year.

You blame Buck 

How dare you....

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

You blame Buck 

How dare you....

Well there is plenty of blame to go around.  Its almost impossible to separate the stench of the 3 headed monster that is Petey, DD and Buck.  Its just a very poor org set up and each of these guys has failed in his own way.  

41 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Well there is plenty of blame to go around.  Its almost impossible to separate the stench of the 3 headed monster that is Petey, DD and Buck.  Its just a very poor org set up and each of these guys has failed in his own way.  

Sarcasm crouse get that meter fixed 😂

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sarcasm crouse get that meter fixed 😂

No I got it the first time.  But yeah there are a few around here that will ride Buck to the bottom of the ocean without question.  Its quite amazing.  Do they even watch the games??  If they are what in gods name are they looking at?  

18 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

No I got it the first time.  But yeah there are a few around here that will ride Buck to the bottom of the ocean without question.  Its quite amazing.  Do they even watch the games??  If they are what in gods name are they looking at?  

🐂💩 currently BS

9 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

You blame Buck 

How dare you....

I blame Buck, DD, and PA. But Buck is DEFINITELY in the mix. No doubt about it. Anyone who doesn't hold him accountable suffers from blind rage at PA/DD.

WTH:

Duda walked, Smith tagged out at third.

How exactly to you get tagged out at 3rd on a walk? :confused:

44 minutes ago, Rob said:

It's not easy. It takes a LOT of practice.

Now see, to me...with one on and nobody out and the shift they use on Davis, and the way he's been crapping the bed, I would have had him bunting after the first strike. At the very least it gives that third baseman playing in the SS position something more to think about. But Buck is just brain dead when it comes to things like that. And it's really pissing me off.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Guy on 1st, wild pitch for ball 4?

Wow Ynoa must of looked like a real pitcher tonight.  I only saw Brach hanging on by his fingertips.  So glad we gave Ynoa a couple token starts after UJ and Tilly had already buried us.  Geez that is so irritating I can't get off of it.  

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Now see, to me...with one on and nobody out and the shift they use on Davis, and the way he's been crapping the bed, I would have had him bunting after the first strike. At the very least it gives that third baseman playing in the SS position something more to think about. But Buck is just brain dead when it comes to things like that. And it's really pissing me off.

Perfect example of why Buck's shelf life has expired.  Davis could be hitting .099 and Buck would not tell him to bunt to get a base hit.  Buck is his buddy.  Doesn't want to embarrass him by having him bunt.  Its ridiculous.  And striking out over 200 times isn't embarrassing??  I guess on this sad sack team reaching 200 Ks is a badge of honor.  Disgusting the way this team is being run these days. Buck is just too close to these players IMO.  They need a foot in the rear the way they played this year, not all these excuses Buck makes up for them.

Edited by CROUSEMAN

So.... score 3 in the 1st and then 7 straight zeros. This offense stinks on ice.