Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dmvballer

DMV Rolling!

13 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Dmvballer said:

Let's stick to Maryland.  IMO and the opinion of other posters I've talked to, D.C. & Virginia matter not on this board unless their teams are playing MD squads in any given week.  Doesn't the Washington Post have a HS Sports forum for you to discuss the South of the boarder teams?

How can they have Gorman rankd #12 in the country with 2 losses.  I know who they lost to, but c'mon man!

I guess a lot in line with DeM opined #12 (ranked) with a loss over undefeated teams.  But "...c'mon g-Spot...", why you sweating rankings!!!  Don't worry 'bout it.

47 minutes ago, gillytech said:

How can they have Gorman rankd #12 in the country with 2 losses.  I know who they lost to, but c'mon man!

The new "cool" thing to do with national rankings is to reward the national programs who play other national programs. It seems like a way to promote more national games. Some rankings(PrepGridiron) won't even consider you if you don't have a Top 100 opponent at some point on your schedule. So, Gorman lost to Miami Central and Mater Dei, but beat DeMatha and De La Salle. All 4 of them are ranked accordingly. Same thing with SJC, they lost to De La Salle, but beat SJR. Who knows if it's a better system to rank teams....

:D  And in the end, someone will get to raise a big colorful red, white, and blue  MNC banner in a gym for folks to applaud and ask, WTF is MNC?  :D

Yeah but more football fans around the country are interested in who a 4a state champ is....NOT.  Being a national champ or nationally ranked is a big deal in any sport.  State champs are a dime a dozen. 

1 hour ago, Bully said:

Yeah but more football fans around the country are interested in who a 4a state champ is....NOT.  Being a national champ or nationally ranked is a big deal in any sport.  State champs are a dime a dozen. 

Just who gives a nat's nuts about what takes place outside of MD!!!!!  I can rattle off the four MD public schools champions; the MIAA-A, WCAC, and IAC champions.  Can you tell me off the top of your head the top 7 opinion poll teams of last year.  Hell, do all the opinion polls agree on the top 7.  Dude, there is really no such thing as a national champion but an opinion ranking.  Champions beat the runner-up for the title of champion.  These MNCs are just that, MYTHICAL.  Words synonymous with MYTHICAL are FICTIOUS, IMAGINARY, MAKE-BELIEVE, FANTASY, INVENTED, MADE-UP, NONEXISTENT, PRETEND.  Need I say more Bully?  How 'bout BULLSHYTE!!!  What about a freakin' JOKE....  :P

What's really a dime or less a dozen are those who are not state champions or the #2 and all below opinion poll teams.

Edited by DayWalker

I think we all know DWs opinion.  Personally I enjoy watching national powers play because they play at a high level.  When we have local teams competing at such a high level it should make all MD/DC football fans proud.  Our local kids doing their thing on a national stage is special.  Polls are never perfect but pretty darn close sometimes.  Stop hating because of your public school bias.  I bet if a PG public was nationally ranked you'd be all about it.

1 hour ago, Bully said:

I think we all know DWs opinion.  Personally I enjoy watching national powers play because they play at a high level.  When we have local teams competing at such a high level it should make all MD/DC football fans proud.  Our local kids doing their thing on a national stage is special.  Polls are never perfect but pretty darn close sometimes.  Stop hating because of your public school bias.  I bet if a PG public was nationally ranked you'd be all about it.

You really know The DayWalker's opinion, how so?  Is it something I may have said?  But it's cool you enjoy what you enjoy watching national powers play at your so-called high level.  But quite frankly to me, they are just about like all others, nothing super extra special.  It can be the NFL and the play relatively speaking is the same.  Did you see the Dallas - Denver game Sunday night?  Prescott and Elliott sucked in that 42-17 game.  One team played great and the other didn't.  Professional players were beat just like high schoolers.  Some professional players missed tackles just like high schoolers.  Some professionals caught and dropped passess like high schoolers, and it's the highest level of football.  Your HIGH LEVEL of play just ain't no real difference Bully.  If high level of football play is what you enjoy, you wouldn't be satisfied with high school or even college ball.  You would stay with professional where the highest level of the sport is played.

Dude, I'm a PUBLIC supporter, not just PG.  And public schools are ranked, all schools are ranked but that just doesn't mean squat to The DayWalker.  The highest ranked public team who does not win states is a complete failure.  Yet you praise highly ranked teams who come in 2nd and 3rd in a freakin' 7 WHACK WCAC team league.  I only care for Winners, to place and  show is not acceptable to a vamp.  How many time must I tell you our goals are just so different!!!  I have no to VERY little interest in polls (opinions).  I want it all settled on the field; Why They Play The Game.  I'm not interested in what's "...never perfect but pretty darn close...".  I want it strapped, locked, and loaded and not even JMT's opinion matter and I respect JMT greatly; just above GA, g-Spot, aaCounty, and now Turds of Towson but below 40B who led me astray about the demise of Dunbar a month ago.

Come December when the publics are in the finals and your privates have been done for a month beaching the publics, rankings just will not mean a thing.  Eight will enter and four will leave. The Public Thunderdome!!!  Just the way The DayWalker likes it....  But do enjoy your MYTHICAL Bull Bully.  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Blah blah blah.  Way too much time on your hands.

Perhaps you should find time to better settle your thoughts cause right now you are being laid across the log....  Have you ever heard of the Hunter and Bear story that upset GA so much he has refused to chat with a vamp since.....  I mean I can say anything to GA and he will just rely on DC Sniper to reply to me for him....  Go figure while you ponder the different ways to say MYTHICAL.

Edited by DayWalker