Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Perriman

301 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

Bengals and Steelers seem to draft good WR's, Chargers are that way with RB's...

when Perriman starts making one handed catches at the rate of OBJ, then you can compare them.

Odell Beckham Jr. was targeted 41 times in the four games he played this year and had four drops. By contrast, Perriman has three drops in just 22 targets through eight games.

40 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Odell Beckham Jr. was targeted 41 times in the four games he played this year and had four drops. By contrast, Perriman has three drops in just 22 targets through eight games.

The whole statistical "drops" thing is highly suspect and subjective. Watch the games. The man has dropped more passes than he's caught.

2 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Has Perriman won any games, ever? Has he even scored a TD this year for that matter??

1 hour ago, mikemor1 said:

Has Perriman won any games, ever? Has he even scored a TD this year for that matter??

I don't have anything against the guy.  He could be a perfectly nice guy for all I know but he's just in over his head in the NFL.  The drops he had in college have translated to being even more exacerbated in the pros.  He's going to go down as yet another fast receiver who amounted to very little.  I hope I'm ultimately wrong but I don't know how you could feel any different at this point. 

2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

The whole statistical "drops" thing is highly suspect and subjective. Watch the games. The man has dropped more passes than he's caught.

And for his speed, he rarely gets any kind of separation from a defender, making the problem even more obvious. 

15 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

Of course not. He's a total zero. Or minus, actually.

57 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm not defending the guy by any means. 

Edited by mdrunning

12 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm not defending the guy by any means. 

OK. Then what is your point? That some questionable "drops" stat is somehow more important than what everyone is seeing on the field? Or that because there's some false correlation between Perrriman's "drop stats" and OBJ's "drop stats" that that in any means there's some correlation between Perriman and OBJ? You've totally lost me.

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

OK. Then what is your point? That some questionable "drops" stat is somehow more important than what everyone is seeing on the field? Or that because there's some false correlation between Perrriman's "drop stats" and OBJ's "drop stats" that that in any means there's some correlation between Perriman and OBJ? You've totally lost me.

My point was that Beckham had only one more "official" drop than Perriman despite being targeted twice as much. Got it? Good.

1 hour ago, mdrunning said:

My point was that Beckham had only one more "official" drop than Perriman despite being targeted twice as much. Got it? Good.

Not really. Those stats are meaningless, IMO. Their definition of "drop" has never made any sense to me when I've watched the games. Do you think Perriman has only had 4 drops the entire season? He's had drops in every game in which he's played, sometimes more than one. But they don't get reflected in those "stats".

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

43 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

OK. Point taken.

I guess I misunderstood your original point about the drops.

I have nothing against Perriman  other than they wasted a #1 pick on him, and worst of all gambled during this season that he would somehow have this meteoric rise. They could have had Smith-Schuster, especially after Steve Smith retired. What were they thinking?

13 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Not really. Those stats are meaningless, IMO. Their definition of "drop" has never made any sense to me when I've watched the games. Do you think Perriman has only had 4 drops the entire season? He's had drops in every game in which he's played, sometimes more than one. But they don't get reflected in those "stats".

You have a good point here, and I think that it actually reinforces mdrunning's comment. That is to say, even by the standards of the more forgiving "drops" stat, Perriman still manages to look terrible. When you factor in his actual negative impact, he goes from terrible to a full on liability. 

50 minutes ago, weird-O said:

You have a good point here, and I think that it actually reinforces mdrunning's comment. That is to say, even by the standards of the more forgiving "drops" stat, Perriman still manages to look terrible. When you factor in his actual negative impact, he goes from terrible to a full on liability. 

Then I must have clearly missed whatever point he was trying to make. To me, I don't need to compare any drop stats with any other NFL receiver. Watching Perriman -- if it's not 100% clear that he's a bust, then all the stats in the world won't help. And aren't really needed to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

B.  Perriman 2017 -- 4 catches for 26 yards.

D. Woodhead 2017 -- 4 catches and 33 yards. 

Woodhead has played in one series in the first game - opening drive - the entire season.

Griff Whalen actually showed more being signed off the street for the Minnesota game (and subsequently being cut) than Breshad has shown all season.

Breshad seems like a nice young man, and by all accounts has worked hard to come back from his knee injury, nothing personal against him - but for whatever reason his hands are simply not translating onto the NFL field. I would actually rather see Chris Moore or Campanaro in the #3 hole at this juncture.

Great game today by Breshad!!! :rolleyes:

On 11/3/2017 at 0:06 PM, RestonRaven said:

Perriman is ranked 108 out of 109 NFL Wide Receivers. He is literally the most inefficient WR in the NFL: 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/255591/breshad-perriman-goes-from-first-rounder-to-nfls-most-inefficient-target

For those interested, Cleveland's Kenny Britt was #109. :)

Once again Breshad makes the case that he can't play at the NFL level.

He doesn't even go up after the ball...... waiting for it to drop into his bread basket???? 

And several more that bounced off his stone hands.

He did double his yards for the season.

Cut this loser PRONTO.

Edited by Rob

I thought this was the season he needed to step up.  Clearly that has not happened.  After 1/2 the season it is clear he has gotten worse.  He has trouble catching balls, doesn't get separation, and doesn't fight for balls.  I don't think he will ever amount to a decent WR, but if it is going to happen it probably won't be with Baltimore.  Maybe a fresh start with a new team might help him.  

Someone, anyone on the roster has to be better.  There's really no point in playing him since he can't do the fundamental job catching the ball.

They had him covered by a safety. That means he can't even do his job of pulling a corner away from another receiver. And that was the extent of his contributions. He needs to be cut; some mope from the street would be a step up.

6 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

They had him covered by a safety. That means he can't even do his job of pulling a corner away from another receiver. And that was the extent of his contributions. He needs to be cut; some mope from the street would be a step up.

Like Griff Whalen?

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Like Griff Whalen?

Sure. Like him. Or you. Or me. Pretty much anyone else. :)