Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Perriman

198 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mikemor1 said:

b. But the WR corp is still pretty sketchy.

How do you make that determination when they really haven't been given the opportunity to do much yet?

4 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Ken is simple minded because he brought you a fact? Why is that? 

There's a reason I keep him on ignore. Every time I get the urge to open one of his posts I get reminded of why I shouldn't have. You and I disagree on some things but it never gets nasty where we're hurling insults. You can disagree with someone's opinion without being an asshat. 

48 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

How do you make that determination when they really haven't been given the opportunity to do much yet?

Ken- I am basing that on last year's performances when there was no Maclin and seeing similar play thus far apart from Maclin.  I hope Wallace and Perriman can both contribute, but am still skeptical of both. I like that Wallace is asking for the ball-it tells me he doesn't want to be out shown.  Also, the way the offense is now set up, they go with the run until it doesn't work and then throw. Not sure if that has to do with Flacco's health, or if it is the wave of the future. So, just like people look for a third down back, I don't see Wallace or Perriman being a third down receiver. 

9 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

Ken- I am basing that on last year's performances when there was no Maclin 

When you talk about last year's performance, are factoring in Joe throwing a zillion 5 yard passes to Pitta? How is that the fault of Perriman or Wallace? Even with the playcalling Wallace had over a thousand receiving yards. Perriman had a 15 yard average as the third option receiver.  Fourth if you count Pitta. Both performed when given the opportunity.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

When you talk about last year's performance, are factoring in Joe throwing a zillion 5 yard passes to Pitta? How is that the fault of Perriman or Wallace? Even with the playcalling Wallace had over a thousand receiving yards. Perriman had a 15 yard average as the third option receiver.  Fourth if you count Pitta. Both performed when given the opportunity.

well, why then do you think they did not and are not being given opportunity?

And do you believe that going foward, they will? 

17 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

well, why then do you think they did not and are not being given opportunity?

And do you believe that going foward, they will? 

I'm not on the coaching staff or taking the snaps so I can't answer that. I posted a Flacco quote earlier where he said the offense has to be patient because the defense is playing so well. I would hope they'll be more involved when we play better teams than we have thus far. 

Edited by bmore_ken

10 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Again with the "security blanket"?

Maclin is a #1 IMO. Wallace might be a #3 on another team. Perriman wouldn't even BE on most other teams IMO.

Security blanket, meaning someone who Joe will throw to get rid of the ball before being pummeled to the turf.  That was Dennis Pitta's main function last year and as long as they're getting 5-10 yards, that keeps Flacco satisfied.  Looking at last week's game, I think Watson can become that guy this year if he stays healthy.  Woodhead obviously would have been another one he'd lean on.  Personally, I'd prefer a healthy Maxx Williams who can break tackles and turn a 5 yard gain into a 20 yarder.  Whoever it is, Joe will most definitely wear them out. 

4 hours ago, jamesdean said:

Security blanket, meaning someone who Joe will throw to get rid of the ball before being pummeled to the turf.  That was Dennis Pitta's main function last year and as long as they're getting 5-10 yards, that keeps Flacco satisfied.  Looking at last week's game, I think Watson can become that guy this year if he stays healthy.  Woodhead obviously would have been another one he'd lean on.  Personally, I'd prefer a healthy Maxx Williams who can break tackles and turn a 5 yard gain into a 20 yarder.  Whoever it is, Joe will most definitely wear them out. 

If anyone is going to assume the Pitta role, it's Watson because the guy can definitely run routes and run them correctly. I wouldn't count on Williams because he simply has trouble getting open. Plus, whenever he gets hurt, it seems like he stays hurt.

Mike Preston's most recent take on Breshad Perriman:

">>Good suggestion: I can’t take credit for this and it came from a media colleague. He suggested that the Ravens turn receiver Breshad Perriman into a running back.

“Well, since he can’t catch the ball they might as well make him a running back so they can hand it to him,” he said.

Somehow, I’d think he would fumble."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

3 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Mike Preston's most recent take on Breshad Perriman:

">>Good suggestion: I can’t take credit for this and it came from a media colleague. He suggested that the Ravens turn receiver Breshad Perriman into a running back.

“Well, since he can’t catch the ball they might as well make him a running back so they can hand it to him,” he said.

Somehow, I’d think he would fumble."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

See, now you went and did it.  Now I'm starting to entertain thoughts of him in the backfield with his speed.  Damn you! 

1 hour ago, jamesdean said:

See, now you went and did it.  Now I'm starting to entertain thoughts of him in the backfield with his speed.  Damn you! 

It's what I do.

;)

Someone said they were bowing out of this thread, then continues to post.

Imagine that! :P

14 hours ago, Rob said:

Someone said they were bowing out of this thread, then continues to post.

Imagine that! :P

LOL. He is what he is, isn't he? (A true expert, to quote him)

;)

Edited by Rob

Perriman is a bust

On 9/23/2017 at 9:21 AM, Manny said:

Perriman is a bust

Is anyone surprised though? He was the definition of "boom or bust" prospect coming out. Unfortunately for us he's working towards the latter.

oh, he's still on the team?? :confused:

it's sad, i was really high on him going into last year. through 3 games, he has one more catch than i do. :unsure:

it is a team game, with a lot of factors that go into passing success, but he needs to step up, big time. wallace too. 

19 hours ago, poefolks said:

Is anyone surprised though? He was the definition of "boom or bust" prospect coming out. Unfortunately for us he's working towards the latter.

Did he play yesterday? I chose to enjoy another afternoon of Sunfest  in Ocean City instead of watching those spoiled millionaire brats .

26 minutes ago, Manny said:

Did he play yesterday? I chose to enjoy another afternoon of Sunfest  in Ocean City instead of watching those spoiled millionaire brats .

Holy crap, Manny. You have over 4 million rep points!!! Amazing.

:D

(Yes. He was targeted once, no reception(s).)

10 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Holy crap, Manny. You have over 4 million rep points!!! Amazing.

(Yes. He was targeted once, no reception(s).)

Yet somepeople still claim I am a new poster. Anyone with rep points has been around a minute. :D 

46 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yet somepeople still claim I am a new poster. Anyone with rep points has been around a minute. :D 

How in the world did you collect all those rep points? I've been around a long time. I only have 10.

Posted (edited)

Will Fuller was similar to Perriman coming out of college- speed demon / questionable hands. But this kind of dedication between QB and WR we just don't seem to have. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/02/will-fuller-makes-impact-in-his-return/

Edit- For those who dont want to read the whole article: “I give our training staff credit,” O’Brien said. “He’s been able to do some drills behind the scenes. He wasn’t cleared to practice or anything, but he could run routes and Deshaun would be there with him right here in the stadium after hours, so to speak, and throwing routes with him. So it wasn’t like the first time that they had ever thrown, and Deshaun threw with him quite a bit before he got injured in OTAs and obviously the beginning of training camp. So it wasn’t like the first time he caught passes from him or Deshaun threw passes to him. It wasn’t the first time this past week. They’ve been working a lot together.”

Edited by poefolks

On 9/20/2017 at 10:48 PM, RavingManiac said:

You are comparing apples to oranges. That's like saying Flacco sucks because he has 338 yds passing through 8 qtrs and there are qbs that have more than that in 4 qtrs. Thid isn't a top flight offense. We aren't going to have multiple receivers who put up 1300 yds a season. If we do then that means the defense isn't doing their job. 

Perriman is the Monica Lewinsky of WR. He sucks and blows. At Sunday's game Wallace dropped and easy TD. 

37 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

Perriman is the Monica Lewinsky of WR. He sucks and blows. At Sunday's game Wallace dropped and easy TD. 

LOL. +1

41 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

All you have to do is look at which 2 posters here continue to defend Perriman, and that will tell you everything you need to know. About Perriman. And those 2 posters.

;)

8 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

All you have to do is look at which 2 posters here continue to defend Perriman, and that will tell you everything you need to know. About Perriman. And those 2 posters.

;)

If Perriman was NOT a first round pick he would be gone already. Only a raving nut would not be able to see that.