Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Perriman

327 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

Riddle?

What is the difference between Perriman and Roberto Duran?

One is known as "Hands of Stone"

The other lost a boxing match to Sugar Ray Leonard.

So...are you saying the Ravens should have drafted Roberto Duran?

Am I missing something?

Who did Duran play for, anyway?

;)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Watching the Raider's game (and A. Cooper's 2017 season) I'm just waiting for the question:

"Well, how come Amari Cooper, who had two record breaking seasons, all of a sudden can't hold onto the ball? Is HE a bust too?"

;)

12 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Watching the Raider's game (and A. Cooper's 2017 season) I'm just waiting for the question:

"Well, how come Amari Cooper, who had two record breaking seasons, all of a sudden can't hold onto the ball? Is HE a bust too?"

;)

Who are you expecting to ask THAT question...?

12 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

;)

Yea, but cooper didn't have one of the highest drop rates in college like perriman did......

I have been posting on here about his horrible hands since we drafted him.....

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

Yea, but cooper didn't have one of the highest drop rates in college like perriman did......

I have been posting on here about his horrible hands since we drafted him.....

Agreed. And when he WAS on, he wasn't just putting up "#3 wide receiver stats".

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

Who are you expecting to ask THAT question...?

The only person on this board who had been actively defending Perriman -- Barbie-Ken.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

The only person on this board who had been actively defending Perriman -- Barbie-Ken.

I figured. It was really a rhetorical question but the board lacks the necessary emoticons to convey that. :)

I saw Ravens themed Tostitos in the store today. The problem is, when you try to put salsa or cheese on them it bounces off and onto someone else's chip. (I'll be here all week. Try the veal.)

Edited by Evil Yoda

I figured. It was really a rhetorical question but the board lacks the necessary emoticons to convey that. :)

I saw Ravens themed Tostitos in the store today. The problem is, when you try to put salsa or cheese on them it bounces off and onto someone else's chip. (I'll be here all week. Try the veal.)

LOL!!

Perriman ruled out. I would imagine he is still concussed.

2 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

I would imagine he'll be out indefinitely, much to the relief of Joe Flacco. 

Well, if Alex 'Barnabas' Collins sits for coughing up the rock, which he did for awhile, Perriman should certainly sit for doing essentially the same thing. The concussion may be a convenience.

Edited by Evil Yoda

Yup. Addition by subtraction.

5 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yup. Addition by subtraction.

Woke up today and thought he was Lee Evans....

8 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

Not really going to miss him, but it does make one wonder how the officials (and Ronde Barber) somehow missed the head hit on a defenseless receiver.

34 minutes ago, steelrenegade said:

Who is this Perriman person you speak of? Never heard of him. 

LOL. Newsome's #1 draft pick/wide receiver in 2015.

36 minutes ago, steelrenegade said:

Who is this Perriman person you speak of? Never heard of him. 

it sounds like you may have missed his 4 catches for 26 yards. :unsure:

17 hours ago, Struds said:

Not really going to miss him, but it does make one wonder how the officials (and Ronde Barber) somehow missed the head hit on a defenseless receiver.

I'm pretty sure it was a late, kinda cheap shot too. If it's the hit I remember. But even with a dozen (?) officials on the field they're not going to see everything. I'm half certain some coaches coach cheap shots, confident the officials won't notice some of them, and if they can take out an opponent for that game, they get a tactical advantage.

10 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

I'm pretty sure it was a late, kinda cheap shot too. If it's the hit I remember. But even with a dozen (?) officials on the field they're not going to see everything. I'm half certain some coaches coach cheap shots, confident the officials won't notice some of them, and if they can take out an opponent for that game, they get a tactical advantage.

True. Except in this instance, having Perriman out actually helps the team.

2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

True. Except in this instance, having Perriman out actually helps the team.

Yep. He's a wasted roster spot, but at this point there's not too many receivers available. Just read a headline from Hensley, "Ravens season beginning to unravel due to painfully sad offense." (Here). This just wasn't their year. A desultory effort to improve the offensive line, which then suffered terrible injuries that revealed depth approximately that of a dinner plate.

2 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Yep. He's a wasted roster spot, but at this point there's not too many receivers available. Just read a headline from Hensley, "Ravens season beginning to unravel due to painfully sad offense." (Here). This just wasn't their year. A desultory effort to improve the offensive line, which then suffered terrible injuries that revealed depth approximately that of a dinner plate.

Actually, in his debut, Whalen equaled the number of catches Perriman has had the entire season. So...

;)

On 9/19/2017 at 2:26 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

7 targets. 1 catch, for 5 yards.

Maclin:

9 targets, 6 catches for 87 yards and 2 TDs.

It's still early, but Perriman has absolutely dropped more passes than he's caught. That's not an exaggeration. It's a fact. Passes that hit him right in the hands that he dropped. (And while those drops may or may not show up in some statistical "drop" count, look at the film. He dropped them.) And that's why he not only isn't remotely a #1 or #2 receiver, he isn't really an NFL receiver at all. Since the definition of a "receiver" is, you know, to CATCH THE BALL. This guy would be considered a bust even if he'd only been an UDFA. But as a first pick? LOL. Not even on ANY level of reality.

QBs need to know that when they throw the ball to a receiver he's going to catch the ball. It's the fundamental prerequisite to developing trust. Perriman does not belong on the field. But since he was a #1 draft pick, they'll stick with him, to the detriment of the team. And while it's still a little early for those stats to have real validity because the sample size is too small, it's 100% consistent with what the scouts said about Perriman before he was (unfortunately) drafted by the Ravens -- that he drops way too many easy passes right in his hands, but does make some spectacular circus catches. The Ravens offense simply cannot afford to keep running Perriman out there. This offense is thin, and it needs everyone to contribute. Perriman does not fit the bill. He is Yamon Figurs, v.2, only Figurs wasn't a 1st round bust.

And while I absolutely abhor injury smack, the sad reality is that Perriman was actually more helpful to the team when he was on IR than now when he's on the field. He is a detriment. He kills drives. He keeps the team from being able to get into FG range. He is a negative.

I remember what a great pick you thought this was. Boy, were you wrong about him, huh?

On 10/20/2017 at 11:27 AM, OriginalColtsFan said:

Does Maclin suck? He only has 159 yards for the season. Why aren’t you leading your followers in that direction as well? You want to talk about Perrimans stats and how bad he is why don’t you talk about maclin stats? Oh it’s because it isn’t his fault? Is Maclin better than 159 yards?