Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Concerns about 'Muslim only' development spark controversy in Joppatowne

61 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Any person with an iq above room temp would.B)

Lol

6 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Any person with an iq above room temp would.B)

I know, but at one time, weren't Dundalk and Sparrows Point  literally  Beth Steel towns?   :)

Edited by blowboatbethesda

Dundalk, Essex and Rosedale have a growing Muslim population.  Many are business owners who moved there with their families.  They even expanded the mosque on Pulaski Highway.  Greektown today has more Hispanic businesses than anything else.   

8 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

I know, but at one time, weren't Dundalk and Sparrows Point  literally  Beth Steel towns?   :)

Yeah, pretty much....the port and chevrolet were big employers as well....only the port remains.

I rag on dundalk but there are some nice areas that don't look like an air strike just hit-not many but some.;)

31 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Dundalk, Essex and Rosedale have a growing Muslim population.  Many are business owners who moved there with their families.  They even expanded the mosque on Pulaski Highway.  Greektown today has more Hispanic businesses than anything else.   

If I had a couple of billion to invest I'd buy up as much of highlandtown as I could-it will likely be the next fed hill/canton.

18 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

I haven't seen this brought up yet, however it occurs to me that as restricted community along these lines smacks of the Aryan Nations, Montana Militia, The Arm and Sword of God as well as that That weird polygamous "Mormon" outfit as well as a few more on the record. 

Well I pondered bringing it up what you mention. And what you mention and what the Muslim group wants to do are pretty much one in the same. And we all know how what you mentioned has worked out.

However, in the Muslim case there is always the prevelant 'ohhhh but that is different' factor. :huh::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Well I pondered bringing it up what you mention. And what you mention and what the Muslim group wants to do are pretty much one in the same. And we all know how what you mentioned has worked out.

However, in the Muslim case there is always the prevelant 'ohhhh but that is different' factor. :huh::rolleyes:

What's different?

16 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

What's different?

I think that the court of public opinion on it being more receptive.....is a bit different than that of the other groups mentioned.

If you strip down the nasty bits....isn't the bottom line that these negative groups want 'their own safe world' much like what this Muslim group is proposing? What I am saying is purely analytical.

Again....just my perception.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Guido2 said:

Imagine a bunch of White Bible Thumpers trying to do this. The NAACP and ACLU would have been on this like flys on a turd

Or like FBI or NSA would be on an all muslim development!

6 minutes ago, FJBlacknight said:

Or like FBI or NSA would be on an all muslim development!

That is kind of vague.....could you clarify your statement?

On 9/20/2017 at 6:35 AM, overtaxed said:

How is that even close to legal?

It's not and it'll likely be challenged in court. 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Dr Johnny Fever said:

A Muslim only housing development would probably bomb.B)

Man you're on a roll. I can't believe how you're knocking these posts out of the park. I'm starting a fan club. :lol: You really need to be doing stand up.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, johnpolitics said:

If they want to live in their own community I am OK with that. IE- Little Italy, Greektown, over 55 communities. 

What's different? I thought anybody can live anywhere they want. What's the big deal?

On 9/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, mrdeltoid said:

Man you're on a roll. I can't believe how you're knocking these posts out of the park. I'm starting a fan club. :lol: You really need to be doing stand up.

Thanks.....I'm here all week.....don't forget your waiters and waitresses.:)

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

On 9/23/2017 at 4:25 PM, mrdeltoid said:

What's different? I thought anybody can live anywhere they want. What's the big deal?

Correct. However.....one can not be prevented from living anywhere they want by rules like 'we sell only to Muslims.'

Or have you missed all of HSTs bulletins about red lining etc. Or the stink about conventant contracts as of late....even if they are in fine print and NEVER enforced.

Edited by Guido2

7 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Correct. However.....one can not be prevented from living anywhere they want by rules like 'we sell only to Muslims.'

Or have you missed all of HSTs bulletins about red lining etc. Or the stink about conventant contracts as of late....even if they are in fine print and NEVER enforced.

Oh I see. I didn't notice the "we sell only to muslims. Clearly illegal.

3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Oh I see. I didn't notice the "we sell only to muslims. Clearly illegal.

Origional post.... quote............ An auxiliary men’s organization of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community posted information on its website about the development, calling it a “peace village” and saying the builder “will only sell these houses” to Ahmadi Muslims.

7 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Origional post.... quote............ An auxiliary men’s organization of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community posted information on its website about the development, calling it a “peace village” and saying the builder “will only sell these houses” to Ahmadi Muslims.

Serves me right for just reading the title and just skimming the post. I really need to pay closer attention. Thanks BTW.B)

3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Serves me right for just reading the title and just skimming the post. I really need to pay closer attention. Thanks BTW.B)

:)

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Dr Johnny Fever said:

If I had a couple of billion to invest I'd buy up as much of highlandtown as I could-it will likely be the next fed hill/canton.

Or Guatemala City.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Or Guatemala City.

Possibly..they've already got the best peruvian chicken in mob town:

https://www.chicken-rico.com

For some unfathomable reason dundalk and highlandtown have some of the best eating in the area.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, Guido2 said:

That is kind of vague.....could you clarify your statement?

Watching them closely!

6 minutes ago, FJBlacknight said:

Watching them closely!

Got it ....thanks!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Possibly..they've already got the best peruvian chicken in mob town:

https://www.chicken-rico.com

For some unfathomable reason dundalk and highlandtown have some of the best eating in the area.

I've had Chicken Rico.  It's really good.  I like the veggies as the side.