Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 4 Scores

184 posts in this topic

Just now, TheGuru said:

I saw Patixent beat Dunbar in the playoffs, DW. QB play and the passing game was not a reason why Patuxent won so easily against the Poets from what I remember.  What were Crouse’s  stats that game? 

Ive seen some exceptional QB’s at the private and public school level over the last 10 years and Patuxent’s QB wasn’t one.

I really don't recall his stats but quite frankly, I never considered the Counse's stats in any game and over the years but rather their solid exceptional leadership of their teams.  They were simply their father, the coach, at QB.  I'm telling you, both brothers are different ages but they are like twins in their play.  Hardnose throwback players is an understatement for them to me.  They are/were just good high school players I would have on my team before many me Me ME multi-offer divas I see all too much.

Again, I am not talking about classic exceptional QBs passing skills but rather very good leaders and game managers.  Patuxent had a nice passer QB a decade ago named CJ Hopson.  The Crounse's were/aren't nearly as good passers as Hopson but the Crounse's were far better game managers and team leaders.

19 minutes ago, themamba said:

....with the heartbreaking thriller to Old Mill in the'11 4A final,......

:D  Was that the OT game with the OM kid who had a million TDs that season?

39 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I saw Patixent beat Dunbar in the playoffs, DW. QB play and the passing game was not a reason why Patuxent won so easily against the Poets from what I remember.  What were Crouse’s  stats that game? 

Ive seen some exceptional QB’s at the private and public school level over the last 10 years and Patuxent’s QB wasn’t one.

Hey Gu, you will NOT believe this BUT I just checked my game film library and I have that 2015 Dunbar - Patuxent game.  I will look it over.  Let me know if you wanna see it....

PS......Oh nevermind.  The video is labeled 2015 Dunbar vs Patuxent but the video is 2015 Gwynn Park vs Patuxent.

Edited by DayWalker

Crounse is a great coach. Even when we had them out athleted at he made our lives miserable. He had some great players like McLain who I believe is with the Bucs in the league right now. DW you are right Hopson was one heck of a passer. I think the Crounse brothers where great QBs they were winners.

I first spotted the older player Tyler when he sub'd for the starter Trey Lee in a game at Patuxent and I thought man, the backup is just as good if not better than the starter.  Later that season in a playoff game against DouglassPG, Tyler started and Lee was the runningback.  The ending was one of the best I've seen in high school.  Tyler Crounse led a drive to score with 90-seconds left in the game for a 1 or 2 point lead.  On the kickoff, the Douglass return guy went down on their own 5-yard.  So Douglass needed to go 95 yards to score in 90-secs with one timeout.  Douglass had a freshman QB Devin Butler now at Syracuse.  That Douglass freshman QB marched Douglass down to Patuxent's 15-yard line with a couple seconds left in the game and they came on the field for a field goal attempt.

Crounse smelling an OKIE-Doke somewhat like Douglass pulled on Patuxent the previous season in a playoff win with a fake punt to come from behind for a win, Crounse had his players to not rush too hard but look out for someone leaking out to score.  Heck, Douglass had no kicker or so Crounse thought as did I.  Douglass' kicker, then named Paul Harris who came from DeMatha, donned his squared toe kicking boot and nailed the 25-yard field goal that would have been good for 35-40 yards.

But that Crounse QB played very very well running hard up the gut taking big shots and leaped quickly back to feet for the next play.

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

I first spotted the older player Tyler when he sub'd for the starter Trey Lee in a game at Patuxent and I thought man, the backup is just as good if not better than the starter.  Later that season in a playoff game against DouglassPG, Tyler started and Lee was the runningback.  The ending was one of the best I've seen in high school.  Tyler Crounse led a drive to score with 90-seconds left in the game for a 1 or 2 point lead.  On the kickoff, the Douglass return guy went down on their own 5-yard.  So Douglass needed to go 95 yards to score in 90-secs with one timeout.  Douglass had a freshman QB Devin Butler now at Syracuse.  That Douglass freshman QB marched Douglass down to Patuxent's 15-yard line with a couple seconds left in the game and they came on the field for a field goal attempt.

Crounse smelling an OKIE-Doke somewhat like Douglass pulled on Patuxent the previous season in a playoff win with a fake punt to come from behind for a win, Crounse had his players to not rush too hard but look out for someone leaking out to score.  Heck, Douglass had no kicker or so Crounse thought as did I.  Douglass' kicker, then named Paul Harris who came from DeMatha, donned his squared toe kicking boot and nailed the 25-yard field goal that would have been good for 35-40 yards.

But that Crounse QB played very very well running hard up the gut taking big shots and leaped quickly back to feet for the next play.

Hop off 

Get out a little more and experience things and even you Chevy Chase would perhaps have a so much better appreciation of the world ALL around you.  In other words, pull your head out from under Reverend Father Saint Mr. Whatever De Matha's skirt robe and see life and enjoy life rather than your current miserable envious impotent existence.  Tell me, what/when was the last non-DeMatha game you attended?  Have you been to more than three any year in the last 5?

By the way, do you still think after hearing about the Bullis - Quince Orchard game I told you would be the Game of the Week, that the MSJ vs Stray Greys will be The GotW, speakin' of hopping off???

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Hey OBC, here is a video of the Patuxent - DouglassPG 1st-round playoff game ending I described above.  Just look at the video from 9:25 to 11:40.  And Sniper, I see Douglass had two former DeMatha players then, Paul Harris and Demory Monroe dressed in black who went to states that season.  And don't forget that is a 9th-grader QB who marched a team of juniors and seniors down the field in a minute for the win at a PACKED HOUSE and he was a calm, cool, and collected as anyone could be.  Oh and Sniper, I sat near your now DeMatha Coach Trip.  That was the season Good Counsel beat you twice I seem to recall as well as Gonzaga took you out, SAD! 

8 hours ago, themamba said:

What was your take on the apparent game-winninh Bonner TD at the end of regulation?

Highly questionable. From my perspective, Doc downed the ball with 1sec left. And there was a flag thrown on Bullis. Either one of those should have awarded QO another down. Very confusing how the game just progressed to OT. Once I get the film I hope it clears up these questions.

9 hours ago, GOOCH said:

I disagree they played the same kids all game they were clearly the better team but if you can put 40 on somebody you do it and from what I watched they were trying but C Hall played tougher in the second half . Somebody let GA know I'm gonna go out on a limb and am willing to bet his much that Gilman loses to C Hall 

They might, but it won't be because of CHC. CHC wasn't impressive at all, neither were SFA last night. SFA left so many points on the board, with suspect playcalling. They play like this against McD, they will lose! The VA QB is a great athlete, immensely inaccurate and makes bad decisions. He missed wide open kids all day. They don't use Hall at all, which is crazy. 

I'm going to chalk this up to CHC and Davis playing SFA well every year. They gave them a super tough game last year. CHC lacks speed and are very small. SFA should have rammed it down their throats all game. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They might, but it won't be because of CHC. CHC wasn't impressive at all, neither were SFA last night. SFA left so many points on the board, with suspect playcalling. They play like this against McD, they will lose! The VA QB is a great athlete, immensely inaccurate and makes bad decisions. He missed wide open kids all day. They don't use Hall at all, which is crazy. 

I'm going to chalk this up to CHC and Davis playing SFA well every year. They gave them a super tough game last year. CHC lacks speed and are very small. SFA should have rammed it down their throats all game. 

Gilman losing to Calvert Hall has never been because of anything Calvert Hall did as far as you’re concerned.  CHC is not a small team by any means.  They are a physically tough team with heart and will play every team on their schedule very hard. Their only problem is at QB.  At this point, neither kid is capable of beating a more talented team like SFA.  The jury is still out on whether #18 or #10 can lead the Cardinals to victory against Spalding or McDonogh. 

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Hey OBC, here is a video of the Patuxent - DouglassPG 1st-round playoff game ending I described above.  Just look at the video from 9:25 to 11:40.  And Sniper, I see Douglass had two former DeMatha players then, Paul Harris and Demory Monroe dressed in black who went to states that season.  And don't forget that is a 9th-grader QB who marched a team of juniors and seniors down the field in a minute for the win at a PACKED HOUSE and he was a calm, cool, and collected as anyone could be.  Oh and Sniper, I sat near your now DeMatha Coach Trip.  That was the season Good Counsel beat you twice I seem to recall as well as Gonzaga took you out, SAD! 

That's awesome. I remember this was a great game.  Patuxent had a great run. I think you will see northern we establish a solid program very quickly with Crounse there.

34 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They did run it down there throat but I have to agree the play calling of SF is so predictable it's laughable. SF has athletes at every position big time as far as CHall goes I seen a team that's not that athletic but very scrappy hey Guru I gotta give them quarterbacks some credit they hung in there after getting killed all night by SF d line 

I don't think Calvert Hall is particularly small, but St. Frances is huge, especially along both lines. Looking at the teams early, it seemed like there would be no way CHC could stay in the game. Randy Fields started great and seemed to be open on every play,  but in the second half,  the DBs were playing much tighter, and even on the long pass attempts, they had good coverage.  I think Vern Southwick and this defense have done a great job all year and credit needs to go to them. It is not just that every week the other team is making bad offensive decisions.  The St. Frances defense is so big and fast that I don't think anyone will score much on them,  but Calvert Hall was without their season-starting RB (#6) and WR (7) last night. 

1 hour ago, nomad974 said:

Highly questionable. From my perspective, Doc downed the ball with 1sec left. And there was a flag thrown on Bullis. Either one of those should have awarded QO another down. Very confusing how the game just progressed to OT. Once I get the film I hope it clears up these questions.

Isn't the official time kept on the field? Not until the playoffs is there an official running the clock in the booth. 

Edited by Oldtime

3 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Isn't the official time kept on the field? Not until the playoffs is there an official running the clock in the booth. 

If time had expired.  There at least should have been a whistle.

The entire scene on the last play of regulation was just weird. 

5 minutes ago, George VII said:

I don't think Calvert Hall is particularly small, but St. Frances is huge, especially along both lines. Looking at the teams early, it seemed like there would be no way CHC could stay in the game. Randy Fields started great and seemed to be open on every play,  but in the second half,  the DBs were playing much tighter, and even on the long pass attempts, they had good coverage.  I think Vern Southwick and this defense have done a great job all year and credit needs to go to them. It is not just that every week the other team is making bad offensive decisions.  The St. Frances defense is so big and fast that I don't think anyone will score much on them,  but Calvert Hall was without their season-starting RB (#6) and WR (7) last night. 

Those two kids wouldn't have made a difference at all bro your best players played last night except for your top d lineman . Your best RB is that sophomore and your wideouts are by committee . I gotta give some credit to the DC though the adjustments he made kept that score from getting ugly 

9 hours ago, DayWalker said:

:D  Was that the OT game with the OM kid who had a million TDs that season?

Yes, that would be Robert Chesson, currently starting RB at Bowie State.

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Those two kids wouldn't have made a difference at all bro your best players played last night except for your top d lineman . Your best RB is that sophomore and your wideouts are by committee . I gotta give some credit to the DC though the adjustments he made kept that score from getting ugly 

Gooch, #24 is a damn good RB but #6 was a starter in the season opener for a reason and he is out with an injury.  #1 & #7 (Howard commit) are CHC’s top receivers with #11 sprinkled in.  Neither #6 or #7 playing would have mattered last night, though.

3 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Wrong. If there is an official in the booth operating the clock -there is in most HS games- then the scoreboard clock IS the official time.

3 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Yes, that would be Robert Chesson, currently starting RB at Bowie State.

Old Mill - RB'U'

Edited by themamba

57 minutes ago, HY3:13 said:

Wrong. If there is an official in the booth operating the clock -there is in most HS games- then the scoreboard clock IS the official time.

Not in MOCO unless the rule has changed. It helps prevent time issues from becoming a focus. Playoffs have an official in the booth. One of my buddies does it. 

Former OM Scorpions and SFA Panther, Brandon Britton, who I've known since he was born, set a Bowie St all-time record last week, with 4 receiving touchdowns in a game.