Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Report: Orioles Will Not Shop Manny

6 posts in this topic

Sigh..listen, you either resign him or you trade him. Letting him play out his year doesn't get you a chance to build for the future or continue competing.

I like Manny but would NOT resign him. As discussed at length, much of this value tied to his defense...if he is hurt..it could cripple franchise for years.

If they really wanted to sign Manny, they would have not signed Davis.

DD has one year left and he is gone 100%. He doesn't want to be here any longer, so he probably doesn't care and is just going to compete as long as possible next year and then he doesn't have to deal with the long-term impact to the franchise.

Who loses? Us. The Fans. We lose.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/255445384/orioles-not-planning-on-shopping-manny-machado/

The fans have been losing since 1992 when some rich a$$clown bought the team.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

The fans have been losing since 1992 when some rich a$$clown bought the team.

Hard to argue with that....poorly run. One thing has been proven of the history of sports ownership. You hire people to do a job and hold them accountable. You don't meddle. Pretty simple.

https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-orioles-have-no-intention-of-shopping-manny-machado/

The Orioles are said by sources to have come “within $8 million or $9 million” of locking him up a couple years back, though one person familiar with those talks said the offer was for “well below $100 million,” and that person suggested he didn’t believe the sides were especially close to a deal. However, it seems Machado’s side might have made some sort of counteroffer to stay, or at least provided parameters, since sources are suggesting the gap ($8 million to $9 million) existed.

Word is that Angelos, especially conservative when it comes to medical records (they’ve rejected several potential acquisitions in the past), was leery about Machado’s history of knee injuries at the time. Machado has shown he’s plenty healthy since, of course.

This is where I think MacPhail would / would have turned Davis, Trumbo in his one big year, and Machado in to 10 players again that had a chance to form a core for the next 6 or 7 years. Duquette will turn them in to almost nothing...

A rather loosely-sourced piece that is also a bit short on specifics.

Just a few weeks ago, Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe wrote that the Orioles, after two reportedly unsuccessful attempts to extend Manny, may be shopping him this winter. Possible suitors included the Mets, Marlins and Phillies, although the Mets likely don't have the pieces to make a suitable enough offer.

I personally don't expect the Orioles to trade Manny this winter (although they shouldn't ignore the possibility, either), but I'll believe whatever happens when I see it.