AgentOrange

Is Towson for real?

31 posts in this topic

Towson has a chance to win the division 3 in Baltimore County. Looks like it's a 3 team race with Towson, Woodlawn and Patapsco. But Towson winning today, and only having Woodlawn left as a test they could make the 4 seed in the 3A north. Whoever they play will beat them the same way Perry Hall did 40-0 if they make the playoffs. 

thtas a huge 

16 minutes ago, BmoreBall said:

Towson has a chance to win the division 3 in Baltimore County. Looks like it's a 3 team race with Towson, Woodlawn and Patapsco. But Towson winning today, and only having Woodlawn left as a test they could make the 4 seed in the 3A north. Whoever they play will beat them the same way Perry Hall did 40-0 if they make the playoffs. 

this a huge clue.....

No, they are not for real. They have been gifted a JOKE of a schedule. Baltimore County Football is not very good right now. Its Franklin, then MM, then PH, then a significant drop off to a bunch of mediocre teams, then a bunch of programs on life support. Id put Towson in the mediocre group. The idea of putting Towson (3A) in the lowest division to help resurrect the program is working, but at what expense. If they make the playoff s, they will get embarrassed and the county looks even worse. JMHO.

4 hours ago, HY3:13 said:

No, they are not for real. They have been gifted a JOKE of a schedule. Baltimore County Football is not very good right now. Its Franklin, then MM, then PH, then a significant drop off to a bunch of mediocre teams, then a bunch of programs on life support. Id put Towson in the mediocre group. The idea of putting Towson (3A) in the lowest division to help resurrect the program is working, but at what expense. If they make the playoff s, they will get embarrassed and the county looks even worse. JMHO.

WOW....good stuff...good reply bro

Been saying this since the schedule came out in December. And should Towson run the proverbial table, and steal the 4seed in the 3A North (over what will likely be 2 or 3 more deserving, 7-3 6-4 ish type teams that played a real schedule) I can say with great confidence they won't lose to Franklin 40-0...it will be much much worse than that. 

Doesn't really matter 3A is going threw Linganore! They will Steam ROLL anyone in 3A North!

While that may be true, you are wrong it does matter. It matters because they likely will get a playoff spot over a more deserving team, and the BaltCo powers-that-be are responsible for that. 

I agree with you! But is it Towson's fault or the BC Department of Athletics

Franklin and Milford are the Class of 3A North! After them it's anyone's spot! 

29 minutes ago, OldGator said:

I agree with you! But is it Towson's fault or the BC Department of Athletics

Like I already said, and have been saying for months it's BaltCo fault. They really screwed up with this 3 division set up. 3 divisions to me makes sense, since there are so many teams in BaltCo, but the way they set it up makes zero sense. I personally said those exact words to one of the 3 people that made them. Yes that's right I said 3 people...23 head coaches in the county and 3 people alone made the divisions and the schedule. 

On 9/22/2017 at 6:16 PM, AgentOrange said:

WE SHOULD GET A HUGE CLUE VERY SHORTLY......

😂

Edited by turdle22

Oh hell, Nash is gonna be ticked again.

Towson is deserving of the one and done playoff spot in 3A North.  One of the factors that is keeping Towson in play for the playoff spot is a win over Chesapeake AA. They are getting bonus points. It appears that the only other team that has won a non Baltimore county game is Franklin.  So...... is anyone of the teams that will miss the playoffs if Towson gets in capable of beating Franklin?

10 hours ago, football365 said:

Towson is deserving of the one and done playoff spot in 3A North.  One of the factors that is keeping Towson in play for the playoff spot is a win over Chesapeake AA. They are getting bonus points. It appears that the only other team that has won a non Baltimore county game is Franklin.  So...... is anyone of the teams that will miss the playoffs if Towson gets in capable of beating Franklin?

The Franklin issue kinda deflates my own argument.....If Towson meets Franklin in the states....RUNNING CLOCK first half

Geeeezzzz jed, there is no 1st half running clock....

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Geeeezzzz jed, there is no 1st half running clock....

I agree with you Day Walker, the rule book says the running clock starts AFTER the first half if a team is up by 35 points or more.  But I have seen team run the clock as soon as the game gets to a 35 points margin, particularly in Howard County.

Okay cool.  I understood the 35-point so called "Mercy Rule" was a state by state rule and not county rule and in MD it was invoked after 35-point differentials in the second half.  So I stand corrected. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, football365 said:

Yes because no one can compete with Franklin. It would be nice if the state would give the 8-team playoff format a try. I know a lot of people don't share that opinion, but imo it seems like a good idea. 

Meant to quote last post about blowouts in 3A North 

Edited by SaintBull