Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rael

Anyone heard from flyguy?

99 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Calamari said:

:rolleyes:

And yet you can't stay away from the thread thereby drawing attention to yourself.  Self-control goes a long way. Try it.

30 minutes ago, Calamari said:

I will do as I please.

We know-your petty unpleasantness is well established.

Okay people lets remember that this thread is for flyboy who most of us are worried about. 

Posted (edited)

Is flyboy world/national news?

Cause I checked the news sites and oddly enough, he isn't mentioned.

There's an open mike section.

Edited by Calamari

49 minutes ago, Calamari said:

To be fair, flyboy is known of in England. ;)

But you are right, it probably would be better pinned in the Open Mic forum.

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

No but t the Hurricane devastation and Trumps lousy help is. All of which Flyboy is suffering from

It's a real shame when posters can't even express concern about another poster without others here showing their pettiness about the appropriateness over the placement of a sticky and even politicizing it.

It just validates what many of us have always expected about some. 

Hoping that Flyboy and his family are okay and hoping to hear from him shouldn't be controversial.  It's a shame that everyone can't allow themselves to feel that way without complaining about a sticky.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Calamari said:

I will do as I please.

I have no doubt that many posters here in this thread are genuinely concerned. I haven't agreed with Flyboy often but I certainty do not wish harm on him. I also look forward to hearing that he is alright.

I think most of us, even those of us who didn't often agree with him, are worried about flyboy and appreciate the fact that the mods are being nice about it and pinning this thread.

5 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Okay people lets remember that this thread is for flyboy who most of us are worried about. 

3 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I think most of us, even those of us who didn't often agree with him, are worried about flyboy and appreciate the fact that the mods are being nice about it and pinning this thread.

so why dont you direct your response to the one person who seems to have a problem with this thread and the concern for a fellow poster

its only one poster not hard to figure out

say people or most of us is a cop out

its one person one poster and you have no guts not to call it out

1 hour ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

so why dont you direct your response to the one person who seems to have a problem with this thread and the concern for a fellow poster

Fine I have no guts, just trying to be polite, sorry I offended you

Someone seems to feel left out. Maybe they need a sticky to feel like their well-being is a concern to others here. Nah. Probably wouldn't get past two posts anyway. 

Hopefully fly is ok but just off the grid. At least when and if he makes it back, he will see that some posters on both sides of debate are concerned and wonder how he is faring. 

11 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Someone seems to feel left out. Maybe they need a sticky to feel like their well-being is a concern to others here. Nah. Probably wouldn't get past two posts anyway. 

Hopefully fly is ok but just off the grid. At least when and if he makes it back, he will see that some posters on both sides of debate are concerned and wonder how he is faring. 

As with the storm before you will see the goodwill only last so long ......

On 10/7/2017 at 0:16 PM, WKDWZD said:

To be fair, flyboy is known of in England. ;)

But you are right, it probably would be better pinned in the Open Mic forum.

I'm not sure he posts there.

Hope that Flyboy is ok.  Imagine it is pretty rough down there.  A category 5 hurricane is very destructive to personal property and to infrastructure.  As for the other controversy, consider who you are dealing with.  

9 hours ago, Rael said:

I'm not sure he posts there.

It's no big deal where it's posted really but other threads have been moved around to relevant forums.

I hope the flyguy is okay too, I'm sure that he was not harmed in the actual storm as he evacuated to safety. He probably is like 90% of the rest of Puerto Rican's and without power or communications, he probably also has got more to worry about than contacting Sunspot. He'll get back in his own good time.

47 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

He'll get back in his own good time.

To let us know what a great job Trump and FEMA did for Puerto Rico!

Posted (edited)

On 10/7/2017 at 5:10 PM, DreadPirateRoberts said:

So did anyone else notice two odd things about this post?

• DPR spent a lot of time insulting mrsmlh and claiming she had "no guts" for not naming a poster explicitly, but also failed to do it here. What's that called?
  • Also, notice that this unwarranted personal attack on mrsmlh has stood for days and the mods have done zilch.
Edited by Calamari

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, Sprightly said:

And yet you can't stay away from the thread thereby drawing attention to yourself.  Self-control goes a long way. Try it.

And still doing it days later.  Seems to be a silly thing to be upset about just because people are showing concern for another poster.

6 hours ago, Calamari said:

So did anyone else notice two odd things about this post?

• DPR spent a lot of time insulting mrsmlh and claiming she had "no guts" for not naming a poster explicitly, but also failed to do it here. What's that called?
  • Also, notice that this unwarranted personal attack on mrsmlh has stood for days and the mods have done zilch.

"Persecutory delusions are a set of delusional conditions in which the affected persons believe they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements: The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

And still doing it days later.  Seems to be a silly thing to be upset about just because people are showing concern for another poster.

But not concern for the poster complaining. Its getting more attention on this thread than on the ones it starts.

Okay, can we stop discussing other posters.  This thread is about our concern for flyboy.

I agree. Have a little respect for a change. Hopefully flyboy is alright. That's the ONLY thing that should be discussed in this thread.