Rael

Anyone heard from flyguy?

144 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, alienrace said:

Yup, still at 75%.

Yep 98% Hispanic or Latino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Yep 98% Hispanic or Latino

Which has nothing to do with the claim that Puerto Rico was majority non-white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Which has nothing to do with the claim that Puerto Rico was majority non-white.

I just found the break down of percentages interesting.   And to some people, 98% Hispanic or Latino would mean non-white majority.

Edited by mrsmlh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 6:39 PM, mlatoman said:

And still a viable thread. No matter how often you pee and moan about it. 

But...it is humorous to watch! :P

Though horrible....train wrecks are fun to watch.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although this thread is really about flyguy....it has drifted into PR and rebuilding it.

I had a brainstorm last night..............could you imagine if dip-wad wasn't idiot and chief. What a great eco-power-lab and demonstration platform for a eco-correct infrastructure.

Much like Europe due to WW2...the 'grid' is decimated.....a clean slate.

Think if all the eco-companies....wind mills...bio fuel....solar panels etc.....formed a consortium and built up PR. To prove IT CAN BE DONE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Although this thread is really about flyguy....it has drifted into PR and rebuilding it.

I had a brainstorm last night..............could you imagine if dip-wad wasn't idiot and chief. What a great eco-power-lab and demonstration platform for a eco-correct infrastructure.

Much like Europe due to WW2...the 'grid' is decimated.....a clean slate.

Think if all the eco-companies....wind mills...bio fuel....solar panels etc.....formed a consortium and built up PR. To prove IT CAN BE DONE.

 

Yes, let's rebuild PR's infrastructure the hard way.  In 20 years they will thank us....as long as we continue to pay for their hyper-expensive power bills.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Yes, let's rebuild PR's infrastructure the hard way.  In 20 years they will thank us....as long as we continue to pay for their hyper-expensive power bills.  

Hard way or the right way?

It is from a marketing viewpont a great opportunity to PROVE ..... that a ground up ecologically correct infrastructure is viable. Biggest excuse/complaint is the our old infrastructure is not comparable with the new technology....hence making it more expensive due to adaptation.

Or it may not. Which at least for a while will shut up the eco freaks or shut up the gas/oil/coal freaks.

Either way I would be happy for the constant drone ....either way to go away.

BTW....doesn't Colorado have a lot of solar farms?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 1:34 PM, Guido2 said:

Hard way or the right way?

It is from a marketing viewpont a great opportunity to PROVE ..... that a ground up ecologically correct infrastructure is viable. Biggest excuse/complaint is the our old infrastructure is not comparable with the new technology....hence making it more expensive due to adaptation.

Or it may not. Which at least for a while will shut up the eco freaks or shut up the gas/oil/coal freaks.

Either way I would be happy for the constant drone ....either way to go away.

BTW....doesn't Colorado have a lot of solar farms?

 

We might.  I have never seen one, but having the gov buy a solar array for your roof is pretty popular.  Now wind farms in Texas are big.  

But the bottom line in PR isn't so much where the energy comes from, it is rebuilding the dilapidated means of distribution to get the energy to the people who need it.  

Edited by jdsample

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jdsample said:

We might.  I have never seen one, but having the gov buy a solar array for your roof is pretty popular.  Now wind farms in Texas are big.  

But the bottom line in PR isn't so much where the energy comes from, it is rebuilding the dilapidated means of distribution to get the energy to the people who need it.  

AZ government buys people arrays? Please respond I would like to know.

Rant............

Here in MD....if you buy an energy efficient product you can take a percentage off your state taxes.

However, as always in MD...the devil is in the details. Ohhh yes you can buy that efficient appliance at a cost of about 1/4 ro 1/3 more.....say 100 bucks more.. Then you get to deduct about 10% of the total cost of the device which you bought for say 400. So you spend 100 more to get 40 back.

Yes you may save energy wise....but doing some rough estimates the diff between a standard and EE device....well you would have to have that device last about 20 years. When was the last time you had any device/appliance last 20 years? Well wait....yes ...my gas stove. :lol:

This shell game is the same with eco-battery-hybrids....pay a lot to more to feel good....however...what few people know is most of these eco cars are more intrusive of the eco system due to the battery making and eventual 'recycling'.

So do you like Arizona? I am looking for a place to retire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

AZ government buys people arrays? Please respond I would like to know.

Rant............

Here in MD....if you buy an energy efficient product you can take a percentage off your state taxes.

However, as always in MD...the devil is in the details. Ohhh yes you can buy that efficient appliance at a cost of about 1/4 ro 1/3 more.....say 100 bucks more.. Then you get to deduct about 10% of the total cost of the device which you bought for say 400. So you spend 100 more to get 40 back.

Yes you may save energy wise....but doing some rough estimates the diff between a standard and EE device....well you would have to have that device last about 20 years. When was the last time you had any device/appliance last 20 years? Well wait....yes ...my gas stove. :lol:

This shell game is the same with eco-battery-hybrids....pay a lot to more to feel good....however...what few people know is most of these eco cars are more intrusive of the eco system due to the battery making and eventual 'recycling'.

So do you like Arizona? I am looking for a place to retire.

I don't know AZ laws, but there are huge Federal subsidies for solar arrays.  I looked into it with several companies and they are basically free, but then the company charges you for the power generated to recoup the cost of the array.  

I like AZ but live in Colo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I don't know AZ laws, but there are huge Federal subsidies for solar arrays.  I looked into it with several companies and they are basically free, but then the company charges you for the power generated to recoup the cost of the array.  

I like AZ but live in Colo.  

So how is Colorado?

My neighbor is originally from that area and loved it (moved here about 15 years ago) hates MD.

Poor guy...loves the outdoors but moved here due to his wife's job. And she made big bucks...then she got leukemia...and as always the company cut her loose. Meanwhile his Mom that had a very nice Bed and Breakfast Ranch wanted to retire. But of course...he couldn't take it over..because of his wives treatments were at John Hopkins. By the time she was cured. :) it was too late an the place was sold. 

What do they say....'life sucks and then you die'....I really feel for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

So how is Colorado?

My neighbor is originally from that area and loved it (moved here about 15 years ago) hates MD.

Poor guy...loves the outdoors but moved here due to his wife's job. And she made big bucks...then she got leukemia...and as always the company cut her loose. Meanwhile his Mom that had a very nice Bed and Breakfast Ranch wanted to retire. But of course...he couldn't take it over..because of his wives treatments were at John Hopkins. By the time she was cured. :) it was too late an the place was sold. 

What do they say....'life sucks and then you die'....I really feel for him.

What is funny about Colorado (and the West) are the extremes in temperature that don't really bother you.  I used to walk a block to check the mail as a kid in a t-shirt in sub-zerp weather.  And ride my bike for hours in 100+ degree temps.  I went to college in MD, and sweated my *** off in 90 degree weather, and froze my *** off in 32 degree weather.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jdsample said:

What is funny about Colorado (and the West) are the extremes in temperature that don't really bother you.  I used to walk a block to check the mail as a kid in a t-shirt in sub-zerp weather.  And ride my bike for hours in 100+ degree temps.  I went to college in MD, and sweated my *** off in 90 degree weather, and froze my *** off in 32 degree weather.  

I drive my wife crazy when I walk out bare foot in the snow. Doesn't bother me as long as I am moving.

Yes MD weather does get to you. I am positive a lot has to do with the humidity...be it cold or hot temps. When I was working ....I flew all over this nation and ....for example. I could be in Texas in 100+ temps and barely break a sweat and didn't feel beat up. Here, it could be 75 but with the humidty.... I couldn't wait to get back in the house and the AC.

Same thing in N and S Dakota....snow drifts all over the place...temp around 0. A flannel shirt and a down vest...good to go. Here, you have to bundle up like that kid (Mikie?) in 'A Christmas Story'....still cold...then you sweat you butt off....then you are cold again.

Yet ....he I am...my dear wife 'likes the seasons' :rolleyes::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I drive my wife crazy when I walk out bare foot in the snow. Doesn't bother me as long as I am moving.

Yes MD weather does get to you. I am positive a lot has to do with the humidity...be it cold or hot temps. When I was working ....I flew all over this nation and ....for example. I could be in Texas in 100+ temps and barely break a sweat and didn't feel beat up. Here, it could be 75 but with the humidty.... I couldn't wait to get back in the house and the AC.

Same thing in N and S Dakota....snow drifts all over the place...temp around 0. A flannel shirt and a down vest...good to go. Here, you have to bundle up like that kid (Mikie?) in 'A Christmas Story'....still cold...then you sweat you butt off....then you are cold again.

Yet ....he I am...my dear wife 'likes the seasons' :rolleyes::D

Yup it is the humidity.  When I taught physics I used to show the weather map of Texas with highs and lows.  Houston would be something like 80/90 and El Paso was 65/105.  Guess which had more comfortable weather?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Yup it is the humidity.  When I taught physics I used to show the weather map of Texas with highs and lows.  Houston would be something like 80/90 and El Paso was 65/105.  Guess which had more comfortable weather?  

Hahahahhaha. Trick question. ;)

The one thing I find interesting. People on both sides talk about man changing the environment pro/con.

Well all I know is when storms are coming in around here....especially snow. You can look at the map AND SEE the demarcation lines that follow north and south of Interstate 95 thru BC towards Delaware. Snow north.....rain south.......if you are within a few miles (either side)....SNAIN...snow/rain/ice.

AND THAT SUCKS.....I know. I am in that belt of crap.

One year I thought about seeing if I could purchase blasting caps to break up that stuff so I could shovel. I used to ski ....and living in the NE I know about boiler plate......some of this stuff could have been used to armor destroyers from cruise missiles. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now