Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Trump says NFL should fire son of a B's for kneeling during anthem

687 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nfl-players-blast-trump-over-saying-kneeling-players-064510661--abc-news-topstories.html

Trump at a rally in Alabama on Friday said, "Wouldn’t you love to see one of the NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now?

Hey buddy how about you concentrate on running the country. This is not a reality show. Has nothing to say about his accomplishments because he hasn't accomplished anything so he deflects. Typical M.O.

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Says it all right there. 

In a nutshell. Very Republican of him.

The more everybody keep beating this dead horse, THE PEOPLE MAKING FUSS, are the people keeping it going. From the first time he did it , I was like, whatever, and that was the end of it as far as I'm concerned. If it makes him feel good about himself, good for him! But if you don't like it, ignore it. Ask yourself, what if everybody ignored it? Why does anyone care? If it really bugs you, don't bring attention to it.

While I find Trump's exaggerated bombast to be ridiculous (as usual), it's also true that a substantial majority of Americans find the players' political protests at NFL games to be offensive. (Link.)

14 minutes ago, regularguy said:

While I find Trump's exaggerated bombast to be ridiculous (as usual), it's also true that a substantial majority of Americans find the players' political protests at NFL games to be offensive. (Link.)

A majority of Repubs. That isn't surprising

2 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

A majority of Repubs. That isn't surprising

Did you read my link?

"In one poll, which was conducted by Reuters, 72 percent of Americans said that they thought Kaepernick's behavior was unpatriotic. Another 61 percent said that they do not support the stance Colin Kaepernick is taking and his decision not to stand during the national anthem."

Polling also shows strong disapproval for Trump's call for discipline for exercising your constitutional rights. Think RB Lesean McCoy summed it up pretty well.

7 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Did you read my link?

"In one poll, which was conducted by Reuters, 72 percent of Americans said that they thought Kaepernick's behavior was unpatriotic. Another 61 percent said that they do not support the stance Colin Kaepernick is taking and his decision not to stand during the national anthem."

The title of the very article you linked:

"Most Americans disagree with Kaepernick, but respect his right to protest."

Also, that poll was from September '16. Ask the same question after the president of the United States calls for him to be fired for exercising his First Amendment rights. 

29 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I'm sure a majority of Americans view Nazis as worse than football players disrespecting the National Anthem

Trump unfortunately is soft on Nazis and tough on the football players

32 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Well I don't really agree with Kaepernick's stance either, but I support his right to do it. Trump only likes free speech when he agrees with it.

2 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Nailed it. White supremacist in chief. 

Why the heck did Trump bring up the Kaepernick issue at his rally anyway? 

Does anyone still doubt that he plays the Race Card/White Resentment Card for his political benefit? 

He knows his Base is disappointed over the failure to repeal Obamacare so he falls back on Culture Wars and Racism to fire them up

Yep,if the employer says don't do it and they do....fire them.

Pretty simple.

Trump's right again.

3 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nfl-players-blast-trump-over-saying-kneeling-players-064510661--abc-news-topstories.html

Hey buddy how about you concentrate on running the country. This is not a reality show. Has nothing to say about his accomplishments because he hasn't accomplished anything so he deflects. Typical M.O.

Like Obama injecting himself into everything?

Hpocrisy exposed.....again

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Pretty simple.

Trump's right again.

Perhaps you missed it, but the NFL issued a strong rebuke to Trump.

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

The more everybody keep beating this dead horse, THE PEOPLE MAKING FUSS, are the people keeping it going. From the first time he did it , I was like, whatever, and that was the end of it as far as I'm concerned. If it makes him feel good about himself, good for him! But if you don't like it, ignore it. Ask yourself, what if everybody ignored it? Why does anyone care? If it really bugs you, don't bring attention to it.

The players probably won't ignore it and may respond on the sidelines tomorrow, driving his base into a rage, which is exactly what he wants.

Bringing America together, Trump style.

donald disrespects the office of the President constantly........Get that son of a b---- out of the WH right now!

If Kaepernick and other NFL players want to protest, they should do it on their own time not when they are at work -- which is where they are when they take a knee.

If you try it at your job I suspect you will soon be like Colin -- unemployed. 

Only a couple of NFL or NBA players that I'm aware of have ever been in the service; they've been too busy playing a game to earn millions of dollars in the country they so despise -- and which so "oppresses" them. The only uniform they've worn is a jersey with a number on it.

One of the major complaints, apparently, is about police killing black men.  Somehow, they always conveniently  forget that while police kill a few black men, black men are killing other black men  (and innocent bystanders) in record numbers across the country, including in Baltimore.

It's very difficult to find any level of respect for their protest in the face of such hypocrisy.

23 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Perhaps you missed it, but the NFL issued a strong rebuke to Trump.

So?

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Pretty simple.

Trump's right again.

Exactly.  I doubt many employers want their employees expressing their political views on company time. 

Protest all you want on your time.  On company time do your job.