Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Trump says NFL should fire son of a B's for kneeling during anthem

687 posts in this topic

I am sure this message board of old white angry male republicans will get to the bottom of the issue, good time spent here fellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

That's another problem with what they did. They didn't do this for "social justice". The whole Kapernick thing was just about blown over. He's out of the NFL, and other than a handful of players, nobody was doing it, until Trump ran his mouth and called them SOBs. Coincidence? Yeah, right. It was nothing more than a bunch of rich, arrogant, self absorbed narcissists bickering with another rich, arrogant, self absorbed narcissist. They could care less about police brutality.

How arrogant of you to think you know what is in their minds.  Sure, trump running his mouth and calling them SOBs was a part of it... and it should have been.  It's pretty ridiculous that these guys are SOBs for taking a knee during the anthem but there were plenty of fine people protesting with the Nazis and white supremacists.  And I guarandamntee you most of these guys care about police brutality because they know all the money and fame in the world can't prevent them from becoming a victim of it so it's in their best interest to care.  These guys have families as well and children who could all easily suffer from police brutality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, regularguy said:

That was my point.

I kept reading that private sector employers were prohibited from disciplining or firing employees for engaging in a political protest in the workplace... which isn't the case.

Where were you reading that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Offended Fans can either stop watching the NFL or ignore the National Anthem part of the game.

... or gripe about it incessantly on internet forums. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Where were you reading that?

Well, there's this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

This is blowing up in the NFL's face I love it.

I don't know where you get your views but to me it appears that almost everyone except the furthest 20% of Trump fanatics are coming down on the players side on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Why don't you do a little research into what many of these guys do before making such a dumb assertion.  I've already had to correct one other poster on this.  You ASSume that these guys don't do anything in their communities or anywhere else for that matter.  You pick out the exceptions and hold them out as the rule but don't post a damn thing about the great many players doing wonderful things with their money and fame.  Sorry, but someone getting choked to death for selling loosies is far more offensive to me than someone taking a damn knee during the anthem.

Look, you're never gonna understand what we feel so this is gonna be a circular argument. I haven't responded in kind to your name calling for a reason you wouldn't understand. There is ONE REASON I got angry about them doing it on foreign soil. How many times do I have to say that. Me and veterans that abide by a certain code will never go along with it. If you can't accept that, then that's a problem YOU have. Your frustrated because I disagree with you, I know, and I understand that, but no matter how many times we go in this circle, I will never agree with disrespecting the country in any way on foreign soil . Ain't gonna happen. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rael said:

I don't know where you get your views but to me it appears that almost everyone except the furthest 20% of Trump fanatics are coming down on the players side on this.

Of course, most Americans value free speech. 

Edited by Heisenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Well, there's this:

 

Hmm... that doesn't seem to in any way shape or form say this:

"I kept reading that private sector employers were prohibited from disciplining or firing employees for engaging in a political protest in the workplace... which isn't the case."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Look, you're never gonna understand what we feel so this is gonna be a circular argument. I haven't responded in kind to your name calling for a reason you wouldn't understand. There is ONE REASON I got angry about them doing it on foreign soil. How many times do I have to say that. Me and veterans that abide by a certain code will never go along with it. If you can't accept that, then that's a problem YOU have. Your frustrated because I disagree with you, I know, and I understand that, but no matter how many times we go in this circle, I will never agree with disrespecting the country in any way on foreign soil . Ain't gonna happen. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Good we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't happen to think protest equates to disrespecting the country and you apparently do.  Guess we're done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

How arrogant of you to think you know what is in their minds.  Sure, trump running his mouth and calling them SOBs was a part of it... and it should have been.  It's pretty ridiculous that these guys are SOBs for taking a knee during the anthem but there were plenty of fine people protesting with the Nazis and white supremacists.  And I guarandamntee you most of these guys care about police brutality because they know all the money and fame in the world can't prevent them from becoming a victim of it so it's in their best interest to care.  These guys have families as well and children who could all easily suffer from police brutality.

Not arrogant of me. Just of different mind than you. All I have to go by is what the players do. Last week there was a handful of players doing it and it is almost died out. Then, Trump calls them a name, and the very next game voila! Dozens of them are doing it! But hey, it could be coincidence.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrdeltoid said:

Not arrogant of me. Just of different mind than you. All I have to go by is what the players do. Last week there was a handful of players doing it and it is almost died out. Then, Trump calls them a name, and the very next game voila! Dozens of them are doing it! But hey, it could be coincidence.:rolleyes:

No, all you have to go by is what they do and apparently what you *think* they don't do.  And of course trump running his fat orange mouth sparked an outward display that would probably not have been seen otherwise.  But that tells us absolutely NOTHING about how these players feel, only that up until then they weren't comfortable doing anything quite so public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Of course, most Americans value free speech. 

No, they just don't agree with the "free speech" in Question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulflower said:

They CAN punish the players. They won't because it can't be enforced equally. 

No one is going to dump their star player over that

Actually The NFL CAN'T Punish the players.

The Player's contracts stipulate they must follow the 2017 NFL rulebook for players and collective bargaining agreement.

Both are silent regarding the national anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, regularguy said:

That was my point.

I kept reading that private sector employers were prohibited from disciplining or firing employees for engaging in a political protest in the workplace... which isn't the case.

Actually The NFL CAN'T Punish the players.

The Player's contracts stipulate they must follow the 2017 NFL rulebook for players and collective bargaining agreement.

Both are silent regarding the national anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like history repeating itself with these patronizing complaints about how they should stop protesting effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually The NFL CAN'T Punish the players.

The Player's contracts stipulate they must follow the 2017 NFL rulebook for players and collective bargaining agreement.

Both are silent regarding the national anthem.

 

That must burn the A$$$ess of the bigoted arseh)(es on this board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

Actually The NFL CAN'T Punish the players.

The Player's contracts stipulate they must follow the 2017 NFL rulebook for players and collective bargaining agreement.

Both are silent regarding the national anthem.

 

That must burn the A$$$ess of the bigoted arseh)(es on this board

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

No, they just don't agree with the "free speech" in Question.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I've said before, while I don't really agree with the message, it's obvious to me this was just a united shot at Trump and not at America. And they had every right to do it per the 1st Amendment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I've said before, while I don't really agree with the message, it's obvious to me this was just a united shot at Trump and not at America. And they had every right to do it per the 1st Amendment. 

They do not have a right under NFL rules/Operations Manual, which the commissioner and owners have decided to break.  They should be penalized or benched.

Edited by woody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

 

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, woody said:

They do not have a right under NFL rules/Operations Manual, which the commissioner and owners have decided to break.  They should be penalized or benched.

Which rule prevents it?

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

I don't think the anthem is even mentioned, but kindly direct to the protocol you are referring too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

 

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

If you can provide a link to the actual operations manual, that would be great.

 

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, woody said:

They do not have a right under NFL rules/Operations Manual, which the commissioner and owners have decided to break.  They should be penalized or benched.

Fake news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0