eaglesinsider

Week 5 Schedule/Predictions- Gilman vs. BYE

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, GOOCH said:

I was there Biff and company wet the bed that day 

Gooch, 

It was worse than that. The pregame meal was Taco Bell drive through. 

7 hours ago, GOOCH said:

What schools are doing this JB 

I know McD did in the past, SFA is doing it now. That's the high school reclass. Gilman has done it in the lower school. 

4 hours ago, themamba said:

I think so. Pretty sure it was that year, the one when one of McD lineman said the plan was to just straight bully, and that the plan worked to perfection in the 37-6 blowout. I don't think it was the next year when the Eagles beat Gilman at Gilman, with McGriff the soph running for 3 TDs. I think it was the year before when the other kids were running all over the Hounds. I forgot about Woods. Like the Manatee and St E's 30 point routs, and the back-to-back losses to Paramus, I sometimes confuse the G's L's with each other. Thankfully, I haven't yet confused the 50-7 Bishop Sullivan loss of last year to any of the aforementioned mind-numbing losses, chiefly because that is the only 43 point loss that I heard a victim say, and I'm paraphrasing here, that they (G) could have easily won, if 29 or so things did or didn't happen.

Yep, we are correct.  It was the Gilman at McD game that Josh Woods torched GA boys on offense and defense and Durkin offered him.  It was the next game at Gilman GA made so famous but telling us all about so many bad calls against The G watching from the tailgate parking lot.  It was the famous trick play Gilman pulled off that back fired when they played 10 on defense and complained how McGriff would not have scored so easily in OT had Gilman played with all 11 D1s on the field like McD did when they stuffed Locks in his last play for The G.

Now what was so famous to me about Gilman versus Paramus was one game upstate where Gilman had less than 20-yards of total offense and the other at Towson where Paramus again humbled GA's puppies wherein GA claimed he played Paramus tough.  G at St. Ed and G at Moeller --- so many famous GA called foul games....

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, jbmad said:

17 yr old freshman? Do tell

17 hours ago, themamba said:

I think so. Pretty sure it was that year, the one when one of McD lineman said the plan was to just straight bully, and that the plan worked to perfection in the 37-6 blowout. I don't think it was the next year when the Eagles beat Gilman at Gilman, with McGriff the soph running for 3 TDs. I think it was the year before when the other kids were running all over the Hounds. I forgot about Woods. Like the Manatee and St E's 30 point routs, and the back-to-back losses to Paramus, I sometimes confuse the G's L's with each other. Thankfully, I haven't yet confused the 50-7 Bishop Sullivan loss of last year to any of the aforementioned mind-numbing losses, chiefly because that is the only 43 point loss that I heard a victim say, and I'm paraphrasing here, that they (G) could have easily won, if 29 or so things did or didn't happen.

lol there was no 17 year old freshman, there was one freshman that was old but was not close to 17

Thanks. I knew you were another Gilman fan, as I've said, we've picked about a dozen of you over the last 2 years, but had no idea we had one that knew the age of every student. Thats extraordinary. 

3 hours ago, themamba said:

Thanks. I knew you were another Gilman fan, as I've said, we've picked about a dozen of you over the last 2 years, but had no idea we had one that knew the age of every student. Thats extraordinary. 

not a gilman fan, I don't dislike them though 

Edited by DMVfootballwizard

1 minute ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

not a gilman fan

I stand corrected. You just know the age of every student-athlete at Gilman?

3 hours ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

I live close and make it to a lot of there sporting events and happen to know who the lacrosse player is who you were talking abut

10 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

not a gilman fan, I don't dislike them though 

I know that much. That you don't dislike them. Most of your posts regard Gilman. You've stated who's been there since first grade, repeating a GA talking point, and other talking points, that an objective viewer could classify you as another Gilman homer, which there is nothing wrong with. I don't think any of out most fervant fans know the age of 3 players of their respective teams, much less than an entire program like you do. As I said, thats extraordinary. Times ten. Again, welcome.

Edited by themamba

Thats extra-extraordinary considering this was the post. How could you tell who bob was talking aboit with this little information?

[Gilman also plays the holdback game, especially in lacrosse. Having a 17 year old freshman is a bit unfair, don't you think?]

You are like a mind reader, Yo.

Edited by themamba

This is what quote of yours I was referring to. 

[I live close and make it to a lot of there sporting events and happen to know who the lacrosse player is who you were talking abut]

11 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yep, we are correct.  It was the Gilman at McD game that Josh Woods torched GA boys on offense and defense and Durkin offered him.  It was the next game at Gilman GA made so famous but telling us all about so many bad calls against The G watching from the tailgate parking lot.  It was the famous trick play Gilman pulled off that back fired when they played 10 on defense and complained how McGriff would not have scored so easily in OT had Gilman played with all 11 D1s on the field like McD did when they stuffed Locks in his last play for The G.

Now what was so famous to me about Gilman versus Paramus was one game upstate where Gilman had less than 20-yards of total offense and the other at Towson where Paramus again humbled GA's puppies wherein GA claimed he played Paramus tough.  G at St. Ed and G at Moeller --- so many famous GA called foul games....

Yea, I think it was the '13 game they managed like 27 yards. Peppers scored 2 or 3 times. I do think the next year, although it was another shutout, and by a larger margin, that Gilman scraped by the 100 yard total mark.

Can someone put together some type of paranoia intervention for mamba? The guy thinks everyone is a secretly planted Gilman supporter. 

12 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Can someone put together some type of paranoia intervention for mamba? The guy thinks everyone is a secretly planted Gilman supporter. 

Don't know why me responding to someone responding to me makes you so angry? Why are you so miserable every day? Unfortunately, for you, you have no control who addresses me. Get over it little buddy, its out of your control.

He doesn't deny posting about Gilman, why would you deny it for him? Weird. His record speaks to it, including stating someone has been there since 1st grade, and a blanket statement that intimates he knows the ages of the student-athletes at Gilman. No need to attempt to replace Wiz' in this discussion, you weren't in it, bud.

Edited by themamba

Man, I hope Gilman wins soon. It seems like a dozen handles are on suicide watch at this point, even when posts have nothing to do with them.

21 minutes ago, themamba said:

Don't know why me responding to someone responding to me makes you so angry? Why are you so miserable every day? Unfortunately, for you, you have no control who addresses me. Get over it little buddy, its out of your control.

That's your biggest problem. You imagine that you piss everyone off. It's your self defense mechanism and its becoming laughable. You are what you preach against...someone who complains about the same old stuff(Gilman). I have no problem calling you out on that and it doesn't bother me. 

17 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

That's your biggest problem. You imagine that you piss everyone off. It's your self defense mechanism and its becoming laughable. You are what you preach against...someone who complains about the same old stuff(Gilman). I have no problem calling you out on that and it doesn't bother me. 

I've never complained about Gilman. Complain about what? You make no sense. Just another instance where you are stuck with science fiction and thin air. Your day may be better if you just stayed out of a conversation between me and someone who supposedly has nothing to do with you. Hopefully, they can handle a follow-up question, in this instance about themselves, without needing any interference from you. Defending someone you supposedly don't know, when I am giving them facts they are not denying, is weird. Its like my posts to them creep into your feelings. Again, weird.

Edited by themamba

On 9/24/2017 at 4:35 PM, GOOCH said:

I don't think McDonogh ever reclassified a kid in their high school but GA what I'm noticing about you is that you can't handle the fact that your G men have falling from grace and we both know y'all Gina be at the bottom for awhile 

I've had children/athletes pass through McDonogh and while they don't seem to reclass in the HS, they are big on looking for the athletes that have repeated 7th or 8th grade...or the parent (all sports) that has taken this initiative with the player. The players have also been asked to repeat 9th grade (coming from public to private) and that is not an effort to catch up on academics as is discussed  (as they almost never do it with non-athletes). Gilman also does this reclass thing and has one in basketball right now  (pre-first, 8th grade hold backs, reclass - all the privates are engaged at some level). The problem with all of this (and it comes from the colleges down as they like to recruit the older player) is we now have an entire class of seniors that turn 19 in their senior year playing sports at the HS level just to get a leg up. I have a younger one that plays three sports with a B school (17 as a senior) and the fall sports team team has celebrated a number of "19" birthdays in early September. I once asked the admission head of a B school about their thoughts on all of this and he responded 'we all want to win". That tells you everything you need to know about why they do it.  An interesting research project would be to really understand if these players (that have the extra year or more), do better in sports or academics once they reach the college level.     

1 hour ago, themamba said:

I've never complained about Gilman. Complain about what? You make no sense. Just another instance where you are stuck with science fiction and thin air. Your day may be better if you just stayed out of a conversation between me and someone who supposedly has nothing to do with you. Hopefully, they can handle a follow-up question, in this instance about themselves, without needing any interference from you. Defending someone you supposedly don't know, when I am giving them facts they are not denying, is weird. Its like my posts to them creep into your feelings. Again, weird.

Yea, you 100% complain about people talking about the same trivial stuff all the time. Right now you're bashing Gilman every chance you get by talking about games from years ago. You do it all the time. It doesn't bother anyone, it's just a small time move for someone who complains about the exact same thing that you're doing. Carry on though....

26 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea, you 100% complain about people talking about the same trivial stuff all the time. Right now you're bashing Gilman every chance you get by talking about games from years ago. You do it all the time. It doesn't bother anyone, it's just a small time move for someone who complains about the exact same thing that you're doing. Carry on though....

Ahh, you had a problem of the back and forth regarding the results of the 2 Gilman games before the Hounds last mid-season bye week. I will say that it is your prerogative, totally.

I never get upset about results, what can you do? As far as the moaning among the Gilman folks, with the same drivel, day after day, week after week, with a dozen bots adding to the lunacy, yea, I think its weird. Guilty as charged. I stand by that.

Just as I stood by my opinion of you having the funniest handle introduction in message board history, declaring "I'm just a white guy from Chevy Chase that went to DeMatha", before expressing an undying love for Gilman, as well. The Gilman thing wasn't so funny, but offering up your racial identity and zip code as an introduction was unprecedented.

Maybe you were just eager to put a stake down, so no one would ever think you were someone other than a white guy from Chevy Chase from DeMatha. That strategy never crossed my mind until now, fear of mistaken identity. I feel you, people are crazy out here.

Edited by themamba

51 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

By the way, you know where Wiz' went? He left right when you came along. I left a question for him, maybe you can find a way to relay it to him.

He said Gilman had no 17 year old freshman. Also, at least at first, he doesn't like Gilman, before saying he doesn't dislike them. I said I gathered that he had some sort of fandom for Gilman based on the fact that about 80% of his 35 posts in the last 2 weeks have to do with Gilman.

I said it was extraordinary that he knew the ages of every student-athlete at Gilman, superfan or not. He said he didn't, he just knew the age of his neighbor, and knew bob was talking about his neighbor. I asked how, based on the posts above.

Would you like to take a stab at this, since you interjected yourself into this conversation?  If you say - no, Gilman doesn't have any 17 year old freshman, I'll take that as a final answer and it'll take Wiz' off the hook. And I'll totally believe you.

Edited by themamba

49 minutes ago, themamba said:

Ahh, you had a problem of the back and forth regarding the results of the 2 Gilman games before the Hounds last mid-season bye week. I will say that it is your prerogative, totally.

I never get upset about results, what can you do? As far as the moaning among the Gilman folks, with the same drivel, day after day, week after week, with a dozen bots adding to the lunacy, yea, I think its weird. Guilty as charged. I stand by that.

Just as I stood by my opinion of you having the funniest handle introduction in message board history, declaring "I'm just a white guy from Chevy Chase that went to DeMatha", before expressing an undying love for Gilman, as well. The Gilman thing wasn't so funny, but offering up your racial identity and zip code as an introduction was unprecedented.

Maybe you were just eager to put a stake down, so no one would ever think you were someone other than a white guy from Chevy Chase from DeMatha. That strategy never crossed my mind until now, fear of mistaken identity. I feel you, people are crazy out here.

Haha. I mean, that's your go to when you're frustrated. It's all you have. I never introduced myself as that. GA asked what was going on in the DM vs BMac thread 3 years ago and I said it as a joke. I'd been going back and forth with him for years. You came out of left field a year later with the creepiest find in this forums history. DW even missed that one for over a year and he pulled my comments up from months prior all the time. 

Since we're on your favorite topic of race. Loved your quote about "the predominantly white schools" the other day. Almost as good as comparing the crap in Charlottesville to this board. Looks like you're a big race guy. Good luck with all that...I'm sure if I had a massive chip on my shoulder and cared enough about you, I could find some absolute gems that you've posted on here in the past!!!

I'll still call you out when you're acting like a hypocrite. 

Quick late edition**** I don't love Gilman. I just don't hate them. I used to support them OOS and appreciated the program. They had some great teams. Unfortunately, around here there is a group of 2-3 extremely loud and obnoxious posters who bash them at any point they can get. Whoever opposes that crusade, gets labeled a Gilman bot. That's that. 

Edited by Silverbullet

You're a mess right now. Your frustration is telling. I mention that you introduced yourself as a white guy, and I brought up race? LMAO! Thats rich.

Edited by themamba

6 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

...... DW even missed that one for over a year and he pulled my comments up from months prior all the time.

Bam!!!!!!  You rang Sniper...

Now just what did The DayWalker miss Chevy Chase, you self-proclaimed northeast boarding school prep who is down with the DC Gallery Place Hebrew Israelites....