Eastside Terp

Ravens take a knee in London

132 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Bingo.  In a way, you can blame modern/social media for a lot of how people are reacting, feeling. 

I have no idea what it's like to be black.  Perhaps it's similar to feeling like I did in Baltimore a few times, all of the time. 

I do know what it's like to be harrassed by cops though.  I've been pulled over for supposed infractions that were "made up", mostly when I was a punkass driving a 71 Camaro that sounded like a top-fuel funny car ;)  However, more recently, I was pulled over leaving the Judges Bench in Ellicott City after being followed from the parking lot for several miles, for something I definitely did not do.  He was of course trying to see if I was drunk(I was certainly not).  So it does happen, to pretty much anyone, everyone.  Even more recently, as in well, yesterday, I was driving on Rt 32 by Columbia in the left lane, doing about 63-65, passing cars on my right, when a cop car came up behind me going at least 100+, and got inches from my bumper.  It looked like his lights were on, but not flashing, and no sirens.  As soon as I could pull to the right, I moved over, and he moved simultaneously with me, again, inches from my rear bumper.  I moved again to the right, to the next lane(long off ramp to 108 I think), and he again moved with me, still nearly touching me.  Then I moved to the shoulder, and he then blew past me.  I have no idea WHAT the hell that was all about.  Sure felt like he was screwing with me, or trying to intimidate me.  He could have easily gone around me at various points if he had somewhere he was going that was important.  That SOB could have gotten us both killed doing that crap.

Alien-

I have also gotten harassed by the cops and ticketed twice for bogus infractions (although I guess that's what they all say). 

So I am not one to deny that some cops exhibit hyper aggressive behavior and appear to  join the force because it's a socially acceptable way to beat people up. 

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

A lot of the people complaining about the protests don't even know what's being protested

And vice / versa, because most people backing this kneeling crap, don't even know why they are doing it.

If oppression is the reason, then Fat, Ugly, Small, Disabled, Blind and Deaf people should be out there kneeling also.

If you think a handsome black person is more oppressed throughout life, than an ugly, fat white person, then you are clueless as how society REALLY is!!!!

Blacks oppress other Blacks due to skin tone, it is a proven fact. People from India do the same thing. It is not just a white / black issue, but that is

what everyone wants to make it.

4 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Wait, D. I met you. In person. When I paid off my debt. You're black? I had no idea.

;)

Shhhhh dont ruin the suspense 

52 minutes ago, PurpleReaction said:

And vice / versa, because most people backing this kneeling crap, don't even know why they are doing it.

If oppression is the reason, then Fat, Ugly, Small, Disabled, Blind and Deaf people should be out there kneeling also.

If you think a handsome black person is more oppressed throughout life, than an ugly, fat white person, then you are clueless as how society REALLY is!!!!

Blacks oppress other Blacks due to skin tone, it is a proven fact. People from India do the same thing. It is not just a white / black issue, but that is

what everyone wants to make it.

I dont recall anyone making it a white or black thing????

13 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Shhhhh dont ruin the suspense 

Oh, sorry. My bad.

;)

12 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I dont recall anyone making it a white or black thing????

Man. I am so confused.

:confused:

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

Ray's always been about Ray.

Bingo. He was standing on principle when his posse killed those 2 guys by not cooperating with law enforcement, until he was about to get jammed up.;)

28 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Bingo. He was standing on principle when his posse killed those 2 guys by not cooperating with law enforcement, until he was about to get jammed up.;)

Ouch, coach. That was harsh. Kinda like something I'd say. (Maybe you've been hanging around me too long!)

;)

(And please...don't even get me started on that Joe Flacco thread. I had to just back away from the keyboard and take a lot of deep breaths. I concluded there's nothing positive I can possibly contribute to the discussion so that's it and that's that.)

42 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Man. I am so confused.

:confused:

Welcome to the club 

Oh well back to football talk beforethis goes awol 

Thanks Alien and Eastside for the response 

24 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Welcome to the club 

Well...speaking of football...I started tonight's thread in your honor.

LOL

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Welcome to the club 

You can visit me in Carroll County anytime ......

1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

You can visit me in Carroll County anytime ......

What kind of beer ya got 

Where are all those tickets that Ravens fans are supposedly dumping because they're so angry about the kneeling? I don't see any cheap tickets on stub hub. 

6 minutes ago, RTB said:

Where are all those tickets that Ravens fans are supposedly dumping because they're so angry about the kneeling? I don't see any cheap tickets on stub hub. 

Are you suggesting that some Ravens fans are TALKING a big game but then not following through?

:huh:

26 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

What kind of beer ya got 

About a half dozen types out there in the garage fridge  :) ......

5 hours ago, alienrace said:

Bingo.  In a way, you can blame modern/social media for a lot of how people are reacting, feeling. 

I have no idea what it's like to be black.  Perhaps it's similar to feeling like I did in Baltimore a few times, all of the time. 

I do know what it's like to be harrassed by cops though.  I've been pulled over for supposed infractions that were "made up", mostly when I was a punkass driving a 71 Camaro that sounded like a top-fuel funny car ;)  However, more recently, I was pulled over leaving the Judges Bench in Ellicott City after being followed from the parking lot for several miles, for something I definitely did not do.  He was of course trying to see if I was drunk(I was certainly not).  So it does happen, to pretty much anyone, everyone.  Even more recently, as in well, yesterday, I was driving on Rt 32 by Columbia in the left lane, doing about 63-65, passing cars on my right, when a cop car came up behind me going at least 100+, and got inches from my bumper.  It looked like his lights were on, but not flashing, and no sirens.  As soon as I could pull to the right, I moved over, and he moved simultaneously with me, again, inches from my rear bumper.  I moved again to the right, to the next lane(long off ramp to 108 I think), and he again moved with me, still nearly touching me.  Then I moved to the shoulder, and he then blew past me.  I have no idea WHAT the hell that was all about.  Sure felt like he was screwing with me, or trying to intimidate me.  He could have easily gone around me at various points if he had somewhere he was going that was important.  That SOB could have gotten us both killed doing that crap.

Both incidents in Howard country.  Howard county cops are well known for following people who have come out of bars and pulling them over with some phony issue just to see if they can nab someone for a DUI.  They also mark tires on cars when they know the owner is in a bar and check back on how long someone has been there.  They seem to be the only county in Maryland that aggressively does this kind of thing.  

3 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

About a half dozen types out there in the garage fridge  :) ......

It don't matter. He ain't picky.

;)

These guys stood for the English National Anthem and disrespected their own flag. How little they know that prejudice and ethnic cleansing is not just based on skin color. They stood for a foreign flag that almost succeeded in wiping out the Irish race, for centuries, while taking a knee for a country that has given all groups a chance to live in peace. The United States of America. 

My grandfather, as decent a man that has ever lived, once had an opportunity to take a vacation to western Canada in the mid 20th century. His family was surprising him and my grandmother with a trip to the Canadian Rockies. When he found out where they were going, when he was just about to get in the car, he said he had to do one last thing in the house.

He turned around and told them he couldn't go. His kids didn't understand until he said, "If anyone had any idea what the Brits did to my family in Ireland, you would understand why I could never put my feet on British soil again." There were centuries of ethnic cleansing and our players stood for that anthem.I guess ethnic cleansing of Catholic Ireland is OK for all of them.

I have loved my Ravens since the beginning. But I think I am done. A better response to our impulsive President would have been simply to ignore him. Instead they insulted every ethnic group who found peace far away from English soil. 

11 minutes ago, Ravenorum said:

These guys stood for the English National Anthem and disrespected their own flag. How little they know that prejudice and ethnic cleansing is not just based on skin color. They stood for a foreign flag that almost succeeded in wiping out the Irish race, for centuries, while taking a knee for a country that has given all groups a chance to live in peace. The United States of America. 

My grandfather, as decent a man that has ever lived, once had an opportunity to take a vacation to western Canada in the mid 20th century. His family was surprising him and my grandmother with a trip to the Canadian Rockies. When he found out where they were going, when he was just about to get in the car, he said he had to do one last thing in the house.

He turned around and told them he couldn't go. His kids didn't understand until he said, "If anyone had any idea what the Brits did to my family in Ireland, you would understand why I could never put my feet on British soil again." There were centuries of ethnic cleansing and our players stood for that anthem.I guess ethnic cleansing of Catholic Ireland is OK for all of them.

I have loved my Ravens since the beginning. But I think I am done. A better response to our impulsive President would have been simply to ignore him. Instead they insulted every ethnic group who found peace far away from English soil. 

Sorry to hear about your family and the trials and tribulations they had to endure.

Not sure how ignoring someone who is spitting in the face of a cause would be effective, care to explain?

I've never heard an athelete say kneeling for the anthem was about disrespecting the flag or those who have given their lives in service for people to have the choice to take actions / protest. All I've heard from them is that its about peaceful protest/ calling attention to social injustice that still exists within this country. Unfortunately for many its a sign of disrespect. I'm not sure why kneeling is such a statement anyway or why the President tweeted so much about it or brought it up when there are more important tasks at hand to focus on. I personally think the president dared them not to and so they did and now everyone can talk about it till the next big news story breaks. We are now living in the largest reality TV show in existence. Everyone gets a chance to be in on the action. 

1 hour ago, poefolks said:

I've never heard an athelete say kneeling for the anthem was about disrespecting the flag or those who have given their lives in service for people to have the choice to take actions / protest. All I've heard from them is that its about peaceful protest/ calling attention to social injustice that still exists within this country. Unfortunately for many its a sign of disrespect. I'm not sure why kneeling is such a statement anyway or why the President tweeted so much about it or brought it up when there are more important tasks at hand to focus on. I personally think the president dared them not to and so they did and now everyone can talk about it till the next big news story breaks. We are now living in the largest reality TV show in existence. Everyone gets a chance to be in on the action. 

I agree with this.

9 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Who’s the 1st showmance?

I swear...sometimes I need a translator for your posts.

;)

Wut?

36 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I swear...sometimes I need a translator for your posts.

;)

Wut?

Showmance lol 

Its a reality tv thing where the people fall for each other 

Yes im laughing at myself as i explain this