Eastside Terp

Ravens take a knee in London

155 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2017 at 5:56 PM, ericpd said:

Well maybe the after last Sunday and the idiotic divisive words of the orange clown sitting in our Oval Office, maybe we all can get to a place where we can see just how ugly this has gotten. And once there, we can let go of some of the mistakes and hate,... Colin NOT being here was bedded in race, the tweet the GF sent was bedded in race,... let it all go and do what's best for our Ravens. More than during the pre-season, we need a QB the caliber of Kaep. We were living a giant size hope back then,... that Joe was/will be tip-top! Kaep is arguably better than half the current starters (including Joe) and nearly ALL of the current backups at the moment. If we could just find away to let go of all the racist remarks and deeds over the last couple of weeks or so,...

I wish the Ravens would sign Kap to show you backers that he really sucks. If he was here he woudn't do crap

Jaguars have apologized to local military leaders .....

When will ravens for that ray Lewis and Suggs led embarrassment on foreign soil.....

Jaguars apologize to local military for anthem demonstration. https://tiny.iavian.net/jmnn

17 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Jaguars have apologized to local military leaders .....

When will ravens for that ray Lewis and Suggs led embarrassment on foreign soil.....

Jaguars apologize to local military for anthem demonstration. https://tiny.iavian.net/jmnn

The team made a statement. That will only go so far until a player or players say different.

Ravens need to learn the history of the town they represent. Been a fan since the start. Haven't watched a game since the London thing and honestly I don't miss it anymore. There is so many other leagues and schools the NFL is a waste of time. 

I still don't get why people care so much about this kneeling stuff. Especially white people who have no idea what it's like to be a minority and face the issues they've faced. You can disagree with it but it's being overblown.

I mean people elected a President who was caught admitting to sexually assaulting women. Who has openly made fun of disabled people. Who never served a day in the military and called out a POW Senator for getting captured in battle. These same people are the ones more than likely objecting to the kneeling that's going on during the anthem. Hypocrisy.

The game is still the game. A poor product for the most part but it's still football.

I swear to God politics, and the people who care so much about politics, are ruining this country.

Edited by Pickle20

29 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I still don't get why people care so much about this kneeling stuff. Especially white people who have no idea what it's like to be a minority and face the issues they've faced. You can disagree with it but it's being overblown.

I mean people elected a President who was caught admitting to sexually assaulting women. Who has openly made fun of disabled people. Who never served a day in the military and called out a POW Senator for getting captured in battle. These same people are the ones more than likely objecting to the kneeling that's going on during the anthem. Hypocrisy.

The game is still the game. A poor product for the most part but it's still football.

I swear to God politics, and the people who care so much about politics, are ruining this country.

I'm on record as saying that this whole thing seemed over blown to me from the start.

(And yeah...what's up with all the white folks getting all bent out of shape about this anyway?)

Oh, wait...N/M.

;)

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

One, I find it funny that you justify what I consider to be bad behavior by what you consider another person's (Trump) bad behavior. How does that make sense? 

Two, you say don't bring politics in the game but then you go on a rant about Trump. How does that make sense? 

Three, "Especially White People", you don't know the people that post on this thread. I grew up in the inner Baltimore city in a place 90% of these football players would be scared to death to go. I've had a number of BS run in with city cops and spent 32 days in BCDC from an over zealous detective looking to get a promotion. Again you don't know.

Four, I live within sight of where FS Key wrote his poem and some take their history a little more seriously.

571497d1508114012-football-again-3a.jpg

14 hours ago, finscreenname said:

One, I find it funny that you justify what I consider to be bad behavior by what you consider another person's (Trump) bad behavior. How does that make sense? 

Two, you say don't bring politics in the game but then you go on a rant about Trump. How does that make sense? 

Three, "Especially White People", you don't know the people that post on this thread. I grew up in the inner Baltimore city in a place 90% of these football players would be scared to death to go. I've had a number of BS run in with city cops and spent 32 days in BCDC from an over zealous detective looking to get a promotion. Again you don't know.

Four, I live within sight of where FS Key wrote his poem and some take their history a little more seriously.

How is taking a knee "bad behavior"?

I didn't go on a rant. Just listed facts about our president.

Let's not kid ourselves. A majority of the people up in arms about the protests are white people. I'm white too. I'm also willing to bet that the overlap between the people upset and Trump voters is significant. Just pointing out what I see as  hypocrisy.

If you've had questionable run ins with police, do you support the players who are taking a knee in protest of violence by the police?

About disrespecting the anthem and history and all that....They're taking a knee. A knee. Not turning their back on the flag or the anthem. A knee. Not burning flags.

All of this is over a knee.

Edited by Pickle20

"If I were king, I would not allow people to go about burning the American flag. However, we have a First Amendment which says that the right of free speech shall not be abridged. And it is addressed, in particular, to speech critical of the government."  Antonin Scalia

Can we move on?

15 hours ago, finscreenname said:

I've had a number of BS run in with city cops and spent 32 days in BCDC from an over zealous detective looking to get a promotion. 

Fun fact 

They are taking a knee for people like you 😉

15 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Fun fact 

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You just wish YOU could be Andy Dalton Jr's baby daddy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

:D

2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You just wish YOU could be Andy Dalton Jr's baby daddy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Lol could work on making my own prescott

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol could work on making my own prescott

Go for it! (As if she doesn't already have enough problems.)

;)

14 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

How is taking a knee "bad behavior"?

I didn't go on a rant. Just listed facts about our president.

Let's not kid ourselves. A majority of the people up in arms about the protests are white people. I'm white too. I'm also willing to bet that the overlap between the people upset and Trump voters is significant. Just pointing out what I see as  hypocrisy.

If you've had questionable run ins with police, do you support the players who are taking a knee in protest of violence by the police?

About disrespecting the anthem and history and all that....They're taking a knee. A knee. Not turning their back on the flag or the anthem. A knee. Not burning flags.

All of this is over a knee.

Bad behavior, there is rules in the rule book on how one is supposed to act during the Anthem. I know all of a sudden rules are just suggestions in the NFL now but yet when the Cowboys wanted to show support for the 5 killed cops they were told not to or they will be fined. When Manning wore black cleats after Johnny U died they fined him for it. I mean what do you call Beckham looking like he is a dog taking a piss in the endzone during the anthem?    

There message at best was muddled from the start and they are either just to arrogant or stupid to admit it.

This is the reason most of us think its disrespect to the flag and Anthem..... 

From Aug 2016
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."
Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com

He was protesting the flag and the country "that oppresses black people". The Flag. What they tried to morph it into a year later after the fact was....... who the f__k knows. I don't care what you say the bottom line truth is it was a just a way for snowflake millionaire football players to protest Trump. If they felt so strong about it why was there only like 5 guys in the league that were taking a knee before Trump's statement? They only had like a year plus to make their minds up about it. Let me guess Trump sparked their civic duty to disrespect the country? Also if they still felt as strong about it why are they not still doing it? What is 5 grand a game to these folks that the average salary is 1.4 mil a year to fight civil injustice? Where is the ravens outreach besides photo ops? I guess after they dissed our country in London (they should have looked at their civil rights record first) they did their part and went home thinking they were great for doing it.

As for doing it for me, they can keep it. Their taking a knee did nothing but make people mad and ruined anything good that could come from a player protest and for that matter made things much worse. So sick of this take a knee, hashtag bla bla bla, etc people that think these stupid things do any good. Just a way of making yourself feel good like you did something when you really did crap. How about maybe giving game tickets to poor inner city youth. Or maybe have a rotation of Players (not one or two but the whole team) do ride a-longs in some of these neighborhoods. Open up some of the youth centers that the city closed and have players there to draw the kids in. I bet you would have to beat them off with a stick if say Ray Lewis was a regular at one. Dare some of these players to live in some of these areas and even invest in that area. Start a whole new "Federal Hill" type area of athletes in say west side instead of McMansion's out in the counties. Just takes the first step. The Ravens have been here for a long time now and we have put a lot of money into them. The city has had many issues for a long time now (how many police chiefs has there been again). The city has been Dem controlled for like 80 years and the last 3 mayors have been / are black women. If they don't like the leadership why don't they get out and change it in their own backyard.....that's right they don't live here but if they did someone like Ray Lewis could be mayor by just signing the election papers it would be so easy. Win office and make your changes. Its a populist's movement out there today. If just one of the better known past players just stepped up they would win but the Ravens never cared before and all of a sudden now they do...well from a distance.

I also find it funny that once they stopped showing it on TV they all bailed but a few. Also Kaepernick said if he loses his job and endorsements at least he did what was right.......well until it happens and then he files a lawsuit about some league wide conspiracy. 

Edited by finscreenname

36 minutes ago, finscreenname said:

I also find it funny that once they stopped showing it on TV they all bailed but a few. Also Kaepernick said if he loses his job and endorsements at least he did what was right.......well until it happens and then he files a lawsuit about some league wide conspiracy. 

Kaepernick has signed a book deal reported to be worth $1 million. (I think I'll wait for the movie). And there's the matter of his collusion grievance against the NFL owners, which is likely going to be very difficult to prove.

19 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Fun fact 

:)

On 10/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, finscreenname said:

Kneeling is not bad behavior. In fact, it is peaceful protest. I go to games all the time when the anthem is sung. Look around. People are talking with each other, laughing, talking/playing on their cell phones, looking the other way, sitting and/or getting something to eat (or actually eating something) or just ignoring it altogether with their hats still on. I don't see you ranting about them though. ;)

8 hours ago, finscreenname said:

Bad behavior, there is rules in the rule book on how one is supposed to act during the Anthem. I know all of a sudden rules are just suggestions in the NFL now but yet when the Cowboys wanted to show support for the 5 killed cops they were told not to or they will be fined. When Manning wore black cleats after Johnny U died they fined him for it. I mean what do you call Beckham looking like he is a dog taking a piss in the endzone during the anthem?    

There message at best was muddled from the start and they are either just to arrogant or stupid to admit it.

From Aug 2016
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."

He was protesting the flag and the country "that oppresses black people". The Flag. What they tried to morph it into a year later after the fact was....... who the f__k knows. I don't care what you say the bottom line truth is it was a just a way for snowflake millionaire football players to protest Trump. If they felt so strong about it why was there only like 5 guys in the league that were taking a knee before Trump's statement? They only had like a year plus to make their minds up about it. Let me guess Trump sparked their civic duty to disrespect the country? Also if they still felt as strong about it why are they not still doing it? What is 5 grand a game to these folks that the average salary is 1.4 mil a year to fight civil injustice? Where is the ravens outreach besides photo ops? I guess after they dissed our country in London (they should have looked at their civil rights record first) they did their part and went home thinking they were great for doing it.

As for doing it for me, they can keep it. Their taking a knee did nothing but make people mad and ruined anything good that could come from a player protest and for that matter made things much worse. So sick of this take a knee, hashtag bla bla bla, etc people that think these stupid things do any good. Just a way of making yourself feel good like you did something when you really did crap. How about maybe giving game tickets to poor inner city youth. Or maybe have a rotation of Players (not one or two but the whole team) do ride a-longs in some of these neighborhoods. Open up some of the youth centers that the city closed and have players there to draw the kids in. I bet you would have to beat them off with a stick if say Ray Lewis was a regular at one. Dare some of these players to live in some of these areas and even invest in that area. Start a whole new "Federal Hill" type area of athletes in say west side instead of McMansion's out in the counties. Just takes the first step. The Ravens have been here for a long time now and we have put a lot of money into them. The city has had many issues for a long time now (how many police chiefs has there been again). The city has been Dem controlled for like 80 years and the last 3 mayors have been / are black women. If they don't like the leadership why don't they get out and change it in their own backyard.....that's right they don't live here but if they did someone like Ray Lewis could be mayor by just signing the election papers it would be so easy. Win office and make your changes. Its a populist's movement out there today. If just one of the better known past players just stepped up they would win but the Ravens never cared before and all of a sudden now they do...well from a distance.

What do you think about our President and his behavior?

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

What do you think about our President and his behavior?

Again, one person behavior does not justify another's behavior. What are you guys like 4 years old? He did it first, with your fingers pointing.

Also for someone who is bent over politics and football Pickle you make sure to bring it up in ever post.

You're crazy.

But it's to be expected based on your rationale.

Anyway, I'll enjoy the shorter lines to the bathroom without you, and others like you, not being there.

Edited by Pickle20

10 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

You're crazy.

But it's to be expected based on your rationale.

Anyway, I'll enjoy the shorter lines to the bathroom without you, and others like you, not being there.

Lmao

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lmao

What time are you going to be at The Turtle tomorrow night?

10 hours ago, finscreenname said:

From Aug 2016

https://whyy.org/articles/eagles-chris-long-gives-millions-help-kids-find-better-education/

https://twitter.com/KSTiLLS/status/922887461105123328

oh hell

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/16375378/nfl-players-charity-donations-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-patrick-peterson-foundation

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

What time are you going to be at The Turtle tomorrow night?

I’ll message you but 8 the latest 

23 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I’ll message you but 8 the latest 

OK. I probably won't be there because I don't want to be the third wheel or cramp your style. (Plus, you never know if/when her daddy issues might kick in and she'll dump you for me like a hot potato. I wouldn't want that on my conscience.)