mcorioles

Some Ravens Take Knee At London Game.

394 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Given that this followed the comments Trump made in connection with the Strange rally, this is probably not about a lack of respect for the country. It's about a lack of respect for Trump. Respect is earned and each person has to decide when someone has earned it. Trump hasn't earned my respect, nor that of many people who aren't in the basket.

DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Three posts recently since six years ago. Are you going to stay? We can use another reasonable person around here.

23 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Given that this followed the comments Trump made in connection with the Strange rally, this is probably not about a lack of respect for the country. It's about a lack of respect for Trump. Respect is earned and each person has to decide when someone has earned it. Trump hasn't earned my respect, nor that of many people who aren't in the basket.

I wondered when you were going to stop lurking ... :P

Welcome back. :)

8 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

I don't particularly care for this form a protest.  We should be honoring our country, not the president.  Interesting they stood for the British anthem which specifically lauds the head of state.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

The right gets so upset when they get hints like this that they are on the wrong side of history.

Except plenty of liberals don't like it either.

25 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

penguins say they are going on their wh visit

Great for the Penguins.

But the NHL can't even get within NBA revenue numbers They would need to triple to quadruple their revenue to get to an NFL level. 

The NFL only has 16 regular season games; the NHL and NBA have 82 and they aren't even close to making NFL kind of money (the NBA brought in about 40% of the NFL total in 2016). They aren't doing this with over five times as many games. The NFL and football are special and more universal. And I say this as a big fan of the NBA.

The MLB brings in 75% of what the NFL does, but it takes them 162 regular season games to get it.

Maybe one day the NFL won't do so well. But I don't see that happening in the near future. And as much as he thinks he's the center of the universe, the President will have little impact on the long term viability of the league.

1 minute ago, bmorepunk said:

Great for the Penguins.

But the NHL can't even get within NBA revenue numbers They would need to triple to quadruple their revenue to get to an NFL level. 

The NFL only has 16 regular season games; the NHL and NBA have 82 and they aren't even close to making NFL kind of money (the NBA brought in about 40% of the NFL total in 2016). They aren't doing this with over five times as many games. The NFL and football are special and more universal. And I say this as a big fan of the NBA.

The MLB brings in 75% of what the NFL does, but it takes them 162 regular season games to get it.

every body stands for the anthem at nascar

they even say a prayer before the race

13 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

I don't particularly care for this form a protest.  We should be honoring our country, not the president.  Interesting they stood for the British anthem which specifically lauds the head of state.

Indeed, the majority of British people would prefer to have Elgar's 'Land of Hope and Glory' as their anthem, however, our anthem generally played and sung for the country and it's people, not the monarchy.

34 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

What's that have to with the flag?

You all realize he was ASKED a question about it,right?

He responded truthfully,honestly and frankly.

Just because some don't approve of it doesn't mean people have to lie and say he " injected his opinion" into it.

Like I said the ironic part is this becoming more of a disservice  now .

Do it on THEIR OWN TIME.

They are there for entertainment only.

Dont you think a commercial ,speaking passionately about their cause would be much better and get more people on board?

IMO a lot of you are making a critical mistake.......it's not about race nor the police issue......for most.

That flag encompasses a lot of different meanings...personal meaning........

Like I said it's viewed by a lot of people as more than the "police issue".

Who associates the flag with the police?

Not really a connection there...

Edited by mcorioles

Just now, DreadPirateRoberts said:

every body stands for the anthem at nascar

they even say a prayer before the race

NASCAR is actually in a really rough patch. Their track revenue/attendance is down about 50% since 2007. They thought they had slowed the fall but lost another 7.4% last racing season over the previous year.

Their big problem is the lack of big names after the death of Earndhardt and retirements of well known racers. There is also a theory that it's become "too safe" and fans kind of miss the death and destruction from crashes.

5 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I wondered when you were going to stop lurking ... :P

Welcome back. :)

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

Thanks.

Your board has crashed and burned I see ......

I guess this place isn't so bad after all....

Welcome back.....

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

1. The Ravens players are absolutely free to speak and or express themselves

2. I am free to stop going to or watching...I will.....been a Season Ticket holder since 2000

3. Wrong place IMO to do this.

4. On foreign soil? Really.

5. Stand for the English Anthem?

6. Don't they realize Englands Imperialistic history,The Crusades?( point being anyone can find find something about anything to be offended,outraged by).

7. They are rich pool their money,make a commercial on THEIR TIME.

PM me and send me the rest of your season tickets -- I'll be happy to make the long drive to watch them play.

1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

Welcome back.....

I was going to ask the same thing. Did it shutdown or just get really bad.

Just now, karlydee2 said:

PM me and send me the rest of your season tickets -- I'll be happy to make the long drive to watch them play.

Why .?? You'd likely sell them 1st. He can do that.

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Did it shutdown or just get really bad.

It's still there. It has been dying for a long time but a poster (kongo) has totally trashed it. That poster is still active on this board but fortunately he is under control by the mods.

23 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Yeah it's the FIRST word I'm thread tile.

Whats your point?

Do you mean the first word in the thread title?

The modifier was missing until I put it there.  That's my point.

4 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

What's that have to with the flag?

Who associates the flag with the police?

Not really a connection there...

To some people the flag represents only the best of the country. Not everyone has that perspective. I have never had a bad encounter with a policeman (even the ones who gave me tickets were generally civil about it). But not everyone has that experience. To some people, the flag represents oppression. Neither I, nor probably you, has any basis for telling them they are wrong to feel that way, if that's what their life experiences have led them to believe.

The results of the investigation into the BPD following the death of Gray were ugly. And it looks like a lot of police departments are run like that. And, like it or not, the local police department is the face of the establishment; they are the government entity most commonly encountered. So people could easily conclude that if the police are rotten, the whole structure is rotten. I happen not to agree, but I also happen to believe those men have a right to express their opinion. For those who believe these men are only there to entertain and shouldn't protest at work, I offer this: the most effective protests are those that are seen and that make the viewer uncomfortable. I'd like to hope people object because somewhere inside them they have enough conscience left to wonder whether maybe the players are right. Certainly some of those who object do so because Hillary was right, and they are deplorable people. If they are not the minority, though, we're in trouble as a nation.

Really, Trump shouldn't have attempted to violate free speech by ordering the owners to shut up the players.

5 minutes ago, Calamari said:

This board is however being kongo-ed by mcorioles and Stevez, who easily make up the majority of gibberish off-topic insulting posts.

Sorry you feel so offended with some the posts you provide.

2 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Do you mean the first word in the thread title?

The modifier was missing until I put it there.  That's my point.

I didn't put some?

Anyway even if I didn't so what?

Yet several liberal inspired thread titles were intentional  lies and intentionally inflammatory............never changed .

13 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Welcome back.....

That's an accurate assessment. Following the election it basically cratered.

I left this board when the Sun put it behind a paywall. Yes, I was aware of a number of ways to circumvent that, but I chose not to steal the service that way. If the Sun thought their board was a revenue source and I did not care to pay, then I needed to leave, so I did. By the time they removed the paywall I was moderating over there, which expended the time I allotted for message board activities.

As to what this place is like now, it is too soon to say. :)

14 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

I rather burn them.

Ill send you the ashes.

It may take once it affects the owners bottom line until they quietly go to the players and ask them not to hurt the team by doing this at games.