Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hambonepack

Draft-QB

30 posts in this topic

I think it is time for the organization to draft our next QB in next years draft.

If given time, Flacco can produce but in this age of disguised blitzes and defensive pressure, we need a guy who can extend plays to build around.

6 minutes ago, Hambonepack said:

I think it is time for the organization to draft our next QB in next years draft.

If given time, Flacco can produce but in this age of disguised blitzes and defensive pressure, we need a guy who can extend plays to build around.

Right after they draft an O-line.

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Right after they draft an O-line.

Trust me, I get that but having line problems is deadly for a one dimensional QB.  Even when Flacco has had good blocking, he has always gotten a case of the yips when the pressure builds around him.  I am just hoping our next franchise QB can do a better job of extending  plays.  With Flacco still in the fold, maybe it's time to draft his replacement, even if the replacement has to hold a clip board for the 1st year.  Flacco has 2 more years on his contract, I just don't see him being worth another contract extension.

2 minutes ago, Hambonepack said:

Trust me, I get that but having line problems is deadly for a one dimensional QB.  Even when Flacco has had good blocking, he has always gotten a case of the yips when the pressure builds around him.  I am just hoping our next franchise QB can do a better job of extending  plays.  With Flacco still in the fold, maybe it's time to draft his replacement, even if the replacement has to hold a clip board for the 1st year.  Flacco has 2 more years on his contract, I just don't see him being worth another contract extension.

1. I think it's time to draft a QB.

2. It doesn't matter who you draft and stick behind that criminal O-line. It (the offense) and he (the QB) will fail.

3. Flacco has rarely, if ever, had a good O-line. And no, he does not get the "yips". He throws off his back foot too often, and checks down a lot. He, however, does not suffer from happy feet or "the yips". IMO, of course.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

1. I think it's time to draft a QB.

2. It doesn't matter who you draft and stick behind that criminal O-line. It (the offense) and he (the QB) will fail.

3. Flacco has rarely, if ever, had a good O-line. And no, he does not get the "yips". He throws off his back foot too often, and checks down a lot. He, however, does not suffer from happy feet or "the yips". IMO, of course.

Agreed.  With the way the OL performed today, Tom Brady would have had trouble passing for 100 yards.  Flacco had no chance.  None.  

19 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Agreed.  With the way the OL performed today, Tom Brady would have had trouble passing for 100 yards.  Flacco had no chance.  None.  

And, when he did, he sucked. Definitely one of his worst games ever. And he has had some stinkers over the years. But he did have a few opportunities, and he screwed the pooch. However, as bad as the D was today, it wouldn't have helped much.

I didn't watch the game, but I notice the Raven's always struggle with the Jaguars. Ridiculous.

A QB for sure. Flacco has his best behind him imo. But regardless- like guys above alluded to- I think draft OL, RB early as well. Yanda is getting older and seems to be battling injuries annually. Any young QB we get will need a good run game/clean pocket to have any success.

I'm not sure if QB will be the first priority, particularly not with other glaring needs on display Sunday in London.

It's hard to say when the "next" Ravens quarterback will come along, but with things as they currently stand, you could draft the next Unitas, Montana, Brady, what have you, and it wouldn't make a particle of difference. The new guy operating under the current conditions--such as a very leaky offensive line--and philosophy wouldn't have a chance, either. People can point to guys like Dak Prescott as an example, but he had the good fortune of being put in the best of all possible situations for a rookie QB. Whoever ultimately takes over for Flacco wouldn't have that luxury, at least not right now.

What's more likely to happen in the nearer future is a new coach, one who the Ravens believe can "fix" Flacco (because that's what he'll tell them). Flacco is locked in for at least the next two years as the starting QB. Unless the Ravens fall into a successor in the later rounds of the draft (and you never really know who or when you'll actually find that guy), I can't see them burning higher draft picks for a possible successor when their more immediate needs are much more pressing.

The thing that has always concerned me about Flacco is his inability to read defenses. He'll still stick with the play that was called even if he see's the line stacked. Our offense never seems to find the mismatch on coverage.

That's what makes Tom Brady so good. He immediately finds the mismatch in coverage and audibles. Joe barely does that, if at all.

I think the John Harbaugh/Joe Flacco era has run it's course.

21 hours ago, Hambonepack said:

You obviously didn't watch the O line play. 

On 9/24/2017 at 6:10 PM, Hambonepack said:

Flacco hasn't gotten better since the day they drafted him.  Time to replace his lazy dumb @ss.

35 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Flacco hasn't gotten better since the day they drafted him.  Time to replace his lazy dumb @ss.

Rob? You wanna just ban me now, or wait until after the fireworks?

(I'm good either way.)

;)

5 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

(I'm good either way.)

;)

Good at what?

4 minutes ago, Rael said:

Grabbing my popcorn...

Instigator.

:D

On 9/26/2017 at 7:43 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

(I'm good either way.)

;)

Ban you?? DONE!

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ban you?? DONE!

Well...I chose the other low road. I just Igged the guy. I don't have the energy to fight everybody anymore.

;)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well...I chose the other low road. I just Igged the guy. I don't have the energy to fight everybody anymore.

;)

Can I quote you on that? Nevermind, I apparently just did.

1 hour ago, Rael said:

Can I quote you on that? Nevermind, I apparently just did.

Sure. You can quote me on that. (But let me just add...I don't have the energy to fight everybody (LIKE THAT GUY) anymore.) I'll always find the energy to smack down posters like Barbie-Ken if/when the need arises. (All within the rules, of course.)

;)

Joe Flacco: 24.1 Total QBR. Remember all of those deep balls Flacco hit during the Ravens' 2012 Super Bowl run? Fast-forward to 2017 and Flacco's average pass distance is shortest in the NFL and led to the second-worst Total QBR. The Steelers and Raiders await the Ravens the next two weeks, so Flacco needs to figure it out soon.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Joe Flacco: 24.1 Total QBR. Remember all of those deep balls Flacco hit during the Ravens' 2012 Super Bowl run? Fast-forward to 2017 and Flacco's average pass distance is shortest in the NFL and led to the second-worst Total QBR. The Steelers and Raiders await the Ravens the next two weeks, so Flacco needs to figure it out soon.

Yeah. Right after the Ravens field an NFL O-line. (Get back to us on that Rob. K?)

2 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah. Right after the Ravens field an NFL O-line. (Get back to us on that Rob. K?)

:D

Run every passing play from shotgun.

From what I'm reading here, Joe has two more years on his deal. I assume that means guaranteed years, since it looks like he's actually under contract through 4 more years. Assuming this is the case (2 years), and since the next draft is said to be very deep at the QB position, it may be a good idea to draft Joe's successor. No matter how you feel about Joe's performance, he is now a veteran player. The argument that the O line hampers Joe, is a valid one. But it's also wise to consider his age. He'll be 33 at season's end. He's currently in the list of top 10 oldest QBs in the league. He's not ready to be put out to pasture. But he's getting close enough to consider taking advantage of a supposed deep draft. 

Edited by weird-O