Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hambonepack

Draft-QB

30 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, weird-O said:

From what I'm reading here, Joe has two more years on his deal. I assume that means guaranteed years, since it looks like he's actually under contract through 4 more years. Assuming this is the case (2 years), and since the next draft is said to be very deep at the QB position, it may be a good idea to draft Joe's successor. No matter how you feel about Joe's performance, he is now a veteran player. The argument that the O line hampers Joe, is a valid one. But it's also wise to consider his age. He'll be 33 at season's end. He's currently in the list of top 10 oldest QBs in the league. He's not ready to be put out to pasture. But he's getting close enough to consider taking advantage of a supposed deep draft. 

I agree with that. But the Ravens always seem to prefer to play catch up. They let players age yet never seem prepared to replace them. Other teams (Green Bay, for example) had Rodgers waiting in the wings. It's the exception, to be sure. But why not be prepared?

54 minutes ago, weird-O said:

From what I'm reading here, Joe has two more years on his deal. I assume that means guaranteed years, since it looks like he's actually under contract through 4 more years. Assuming this is the case (2 years), and since the next draft is said to be very deep at the QB position, it may be a good idea to draft Joe's successor. No matter how you feel about Joe's performance, he is now a veteran player. The argument that the O line hampers Joe, is a valid one. But it's also wise to consider his age. He'll be 33 at season's end. He's currently in the list of top 10 oldest QBs in the league. He's not ready to be put out to pasture. But he's getting close enough to consider taking advantage of a supposed deep draft. 

Agree weird-O

25 minutes ago, Rob said:

Agree weird-O

Yeah. You just agreed because I agreed. I own you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah. You just agreed because I agreed. I own you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

You're dead to me!

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

You're dead to me!

LOL. And that's what makes this board so great!!

:D