Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

My thoughts on “Taking A Knee”

63 posts in this topic

I think we all agree that currently our country is hurting with that said here is my though process 

The majority of us on this side have played a sport at some point in our lives. If you can go think about the time where a kid slid into 2nd base and ended up hurting himself what did we all do?

In football when a player gets hurt what do we all do?

Taking a knee imo was/is never meant to disrespect but it’s a way to say hey I hope it’ll be ok

Right now our country is hurting and when that anthem is played and that flag is unfurled when a player takes a knee or locks arm he/she is recognizing that we are hurting and they are taking a moment to hope in the end everything will be ok

hope that made sense 

good luck week 4 to all (unless you’re in the NFC East and not a fan of Dallas 😊)

Well, my first thought is that it's good to have one thread dedicated to the topic.

My second thought is that you broke the board, because after you posted the board went down for about half an hour.

My third thought is...this is all way above my pay grade.

;)

Oh. My 4th thought is: "Bury My Heart At Taking A Knee".

:)

Oh. My 4th thought is: "Bury My Heart At Taking A Knee".

:)

11 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well, my first thought is that it's good to have one thread dedicated to the topic.

My second thought is that you broke the board, because after you posted the board went down for about half an hour.

My third thought is...this is all way above my pay grade.

;)

Look at me making an impact in places other than the bathroom 

4 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Look at me making an impact in places other than the bathroom 

I always had faith. (I just wish I'd been nicer to Andre. One weekend he went home, and we had these HUGE desks and wardrobe cabinets that went almost from the floor to the ceiling. I put my desk/wardrobe and his desk/wardrobe side by side by side by side, from the left wall almost up to the sink in the room, with just enough space to walk by, essentially dividing the room in half. He came back Sunday night and was clearly offended. I should have been a better roommate. (We weren't roommates the next semester.)

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

I always had faith. (I just wish I'd been nicer to Andre. One weekend he went home, and we had these HUGE desks and wardrobe cabinets that went almost from the floor to the ceiling. I put my desk/wardrobe and his desk/wardrobe side by side by side by side, from the left wall almost up to the sink in the room, with just enough space to walk by, essentially dividing the room in half. He came back Sunday night and was clearly offended. I should have been a better roommate. (We weren't roommates the next semester.)

Andre sent me a PM 

He said no need to wonder why your shoes were wet it didnt rain that day lol

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Andre sent me a PM 

He said no need to wonder why your shoes were wet it didnt rain that day lol

In retrospect, I wish there were more Andres in the world.

(Of course, there's a simple explanation for why I did what I did. It's because, as another poster already pointed out, I have zero social skills. ZERO!)

;)

39 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

In retrospect, I wish there were more Andres in the world.

(Of course, there's a simple explanation for why I did what I did. It's because, as another poster already pointed out, I have zero social skills. ZERO!)

;)

But you are great at paying off beer debts lol

We betting this week

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

But you are great at paying off beer debts lol

We betting this week

Thanks.

This week? Man. I SUCK at betting. You're good at betting. You're trying to goad me into a fleecing!!!

;)

Maybe. I'm going to take Brutus out for a walk. I'll think about it.

As a rule of thumb, I generally gauge an act by the intention of that act. Sometimes that can turn an insignificant act, into something much worse than the act alone. Other times, it can make something that is seemingly offensive, into something that is positive.

This is all just my interpretation of things, and I'm not offering it as an answer, justification or my condoning the topic we're discussing. And I'm not suggesting that anyone should agree with me. I don't see this as a football player, and now players, being disrespectful to the stars and stripes, or the NA. The well fed guy, in the widely circulating video, that burned his Suggs jersey, and went into a 10 minute, profanity laced tirade, he obviously feels differently.    

Edited by weird-O

36 minutes ago, weird-O said:

As a rule of thumb, I generally gauge an act by the intention of that act. Sometimes that can turn an insignificant act, into something much worse than the act alone. Other times, it can make something that is seemingly offensive, into something that is positive.

This is all just my interpretation of things, and I'm not offering it as an answer, justification or my condoning the topic we're discussing. And I'm not suggesting that anyone should agree with me. I don't see this as a football player, and now players, being disrespectful to the stars and stripes, or the NA. The well fed guy, in the widely circulating video, that burned his Suggs jersey, and went into a 10 minute, profanity laced tirade, he obviously feels differently.    

I agree. I was out walking my dog and I saw a guy on his front porch who had a Ravens banner/flag. I said something to him about the fact that he didn't burn it and he laughed. He said: "Look. I don't think the protest was disrespectful to the flag, the country, or anything else. It was a statement of dissent." I agreed. And it seems as if you agree as well. Peace.

26 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I agree. I was out walking my dog and I saw a guy on his front porch who had a Ravens banner/flag. I said something to him about the fact that he didn't burn it and he laughed. He said: "Look. I don't think the protest was disrespectful to the flag, the country, or anything else. It was a statement of dissent." I agreed. And it seems as if you agree as well. Peace.

where'd I put that eye to eye gif, it would fit this post too ;)

28 minutes ago, weird-O said:

where'd I put that eye to eye gif, it would fit this post too ;)

Back atcha.

I don't like the idea of kneeling or sitting or whatever during the anthem, but I'm not going to let an individual's silent non-football related "statement" that lasts about 90 seconds and physically harms nobody somehow ruin my interest in the game or the sport.

If I were the President, and trust me, I really SHOULD be... things would be great I tell ya, just great... IF ASKED about it, might say something along the lines of: "Well, I wish it didn't take the form it does during the national anthem, but everyone has a right to do what they please in that moment as long as it doesn't harm or impinge on the rights of their neighbors!"

I don't think I'd try to get a crowd riled up by saying the owner should fire the S.O.B. and get 'im outta here...

The former results in, maybe, a brief 15 second snippet on one night's newscast, and is then forgotten.  The latter results in another needless crapstorm that blows and issue WAY out of proportion.  

1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

I don't like the idea of kneeling or sitting or whatever during the anthem, but I'm not going to let an individual's silent non-football related "statement" that lasts about 90 seconds and physically harms nobody somehow ruin my interest in the game or the sport.

If I were the President, and trust me, I really SHOULD be... things would be great I tell ya, just great... IF ASKED about it, might say something along the lines of: "Well, I wish it didn't take the form it does during the national anthem, but everyone has a right to do what they please in that moment as long as it doesn't harm or impinge on the rights of their neighbors!"

I don't think I'd try to get a crowd riled up by saying the owner should fire the S.O.B. and get 'im outta here...

The former results in, maybe, a brief 15 second snippet on one night's newscast, and is then forgotten.  The latter results in another needless crapstorm that blows and issue WAY out of proportion.  

OK. I don't know if you're NOT saying this, but there are two issues here.

1. The protest, which has been totally blown out of proportion, IMO.

2. The President's comments, which might *EDIT* [not] have even been blown up enough. The guy is off his rocker. He has the emotional IQ of a 5 year old. He throws epic tantrums, is inappropriate to the point of embarrassment and/or impeachment, and this is just his latest installment. So I don't know if it's even possible to blow what he said up out of proportion.

Just my take.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

20 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

OK. I don't know if you're NOT saying this, but there are two issues here.

1. The protest, which has been totally blown out of proportion, IMO.

2. The President's comments, which might have even been blown up enough. The guy is off his rocker. He has the emotional IQ of a 5 year old. He throws epic tantrums, is inappropriate to the point of embarrassment and/or impeachment, and this is just his latest installment. So I don't know if it's even possible to blow what he said up out of proportion.

Just my take.

I wish Baltimore fans who complain about kneeling would stop being disrespectful in yelling "O" while the song is being played. #hypocrite 

6 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I think we all agree that currently our country is hurting with that said here is my though process 

The majority of us on this side have played a sport at some point in our lives. If you can go think about the time where a kid slid into 2nd base and ended up hurting himself what did we all do?

In football when a player gets hurt what do we all do?

Taking a knee imo was/is never meant to disrespect but it’s a way to say hey I hope it’ll be ok

Right now our country is hurting and when that anthem is played and that flag is unfurled when a player takes a knee or locks arm he/she is recognizing that we are hurting and they are taking a moment to hope in the end everything will be ok

hope that made sense 

good luck week 4 to all (unless you’re in the NFC East and not a fan of Dallas 😊)

Why do you think our country hurting?

2 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

Why do you think our country hurting?

Go over to the nationals board and take a look vs what we try to talk about here 

gives a pretty grim look as to what this country has become imo

7 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Thanks.

This week? Man. I SUCK at betting. You're good at betting. You're trying to goad me into a fleecing!!!

;)

Lol 3 games 

1 winner 

1 loser 

1 your choice 

7 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol 3 games 

1 winner 

1 loser 

1 your choice 

YOU ARE THE DEVIL!!!!

B)

Next week. This week my head is swimming from the humiliating loss in London, from the explosion over this whole damn protest thing, and from this new guy who is gonna get me banned as sure as I'm sitting here. But next week...for sure.

16 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Go over to the nationals board and take a look vs what we try to talk about here 

gives a pretty grim look as to what this country has become imo

JMO, you can't judge the real world by what you see on Nationals. None of the republicans and democrats I know in real life sound like those nuts. 

Edited by bmore_ken

30 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Next week. This week my head is swimming from the humiliating loss in London, from the explosion over this whole damn protest thing, and from this new guy who is gonna get me banned as sure as I'm sitting here. But next week...for sure.

Lol next week it is 

cheer up crack open that chocolate tequila and watch the Os 

wait it wait don’t watch the Os