Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

My thoughts on “Taking A Knee”

63 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

JMO, you can't judge the real world by what you see on Nationals. None of the republicans and democrats I know in real life sound like those nuts. 

I know one. Seriously. But that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

I know one. Seriously. But that's it. 

One of my biking buddies. Every time I go over there he's got those insane talk show hosts like Limbaugh or whoever playing all through his house and garage. I roll my eyes and he switches it to tunes instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

One of my biking buddies. Every time I go over there he's got those insane talk show hosts like Limbaugh or whoever playing all through his house and garage. I roll my eyes and he switches it to tunes instead.

I know what you mean. 

Seriously, the problem is the Internet and social media.  When you had to sit at a desk, compose a letter, lick a stamp, mail it to the paper and hope the editor printed it days later, few got truly riled up. Now in the span of hours, millions can post whatever vitriol they choose to spew-mostly without thought.  It has created the ease of an "us against them" mentality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

You know are the one who used the Nationals board as a barometer for people hurting don't you?  Nice flip flop Munson.  

I used it as a small sample size 

Currently wearing Jordans and my name is Donte' 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I used it as a small sample size 

Currently wearing Jordans and my name is Donte' 😉

So you say...

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

I know what you mean. 

Seriously, the problem is the Internet and social media.  When you had to sit at a desk, compose a letter, lick a stamp, mail it to the paper and hope the editor printed it days later, few got truly riled up. Now in the span of hours, millions can post whatever vitriol they choose to spew-mostly without thought.  It has created the ease of an "us against them" mentality. 

The power of anonymity.

;)

But in a way...the problem with people is...well...people. We're all flawed. Imperfect. And semi-informed -- the best of us. There's just too many things going on and from the minute we (and our parents and their parents and their parents...) come into this world it's one long struggle to make sense out of life. It's a tall order in the best of circumstances. But with all the political and religious propaganda flying around, it's impossible. So we do what we do. And these are the consequences -- the times in which we live.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

The power of anonymity.

;)

But in a way...the problem with people is...well...people. We're all flawed. Imperfect. And semi-informed -- the best of us. There's just too many things going on and from the minute we (and our parents and their parents and their parents...) come into this world it's one long struggle to make sense out of life. It's a tall order in the best of circumstances. But with all the political and religious propaganda flying around, it's impossible. So we do what we do. And these are the consequences -- the times in which we live.

Good point. That was one good thing about sports. It was an escape from all that. 

“Was”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Good point. That was one good thing about sports. It was an escape from all that. 

“Was”

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some very good comments in this thread. I enjoyed reading them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above post by Orange, quoting Molly:

good post-never saw it that way-and from the mouths of babes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

The above post by Orange, quoting Molly:

good post-never saw it that way-and from the mouths of babes....

Agreed 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0