Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bawlmerian

Service Dog Vs Passenger Rights on Plane

122 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Bartman said:

 By the same token I should get a Professorship in Casinos, Gambling & Strip Clubs!

Go for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

It seems to me......if the poor allergic person had more or less gotten in line early and purchased the ticket BEFORE any of the people with dogs. More than likely the people with dogs would have been told to book another flight.

But then said person likely would have had to produce DOCUMENTATION about that just like the dog owners had to. But I bet dollars to doughnuts that she has no documentation that pre-dates the time of the fiight.  IMO

But if they did have documents I think people can demand a dog free flight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

What if we see allergies as a disability?  What about a person that was attacked by a dog and suffers from PTSD?  Might that be a disability?  Or is this just a pro dog agenda thing so that no matter what the dog person wins?

I have a severe allergy to a certain vegetable. If I eat enough of it, my throat closes up. So . . . I am really, really careful when eating away from home. But I am prepared. And I don't demand that that vegetable not be used in their kitchen.

It's not a dog agenda for me. I have "issues" with dog owners who do treat their dog's more like babies than animals, with less parenting on good manners. :) I love when you human child runs toward me; I don't want your dog running toward me.  I love when your human child wants me pick her up and grabs my leg; I don't want your dog to jump on me for a pets. It isn't cute. But the law is the law. If this is so upsetting to you, I guess work to change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I have a severe allergy to a certain vegetable. If I eat enough of it, my throat closes up. So . . . I am really, really careful when eating away from home. But I am prepared. And I don't demand that that vegetable not be used in their kitchen.

It's not a dog agenda for me. I have "issues" with dog owners who do treat their dog's more like babies than animals, with less parenting on good manners. :) I love when you human child runs toward me; I don't want your dog running toward me.  I love when your human child wants me pick her up and grabs my leg; I don't want your dog to jump on me for a pets. It isn't cute. But the law is the law. If this is so upsetting to you, I guess work to change it.

I think you are saying that no disability or situation would allow a passenger to demand a dog free flight?  I doubt that is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

I think you are saying that no disability or situation would allow a passenger to demand a dog free flight?  I doubt that is true

I did not say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sprightly said:

I did not say that.

Well you did not answer any of my questions so how was I to know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Well you did not answer any of my questions so how was I to know that?

I am not in charge of laws/regulations/rules regarding support animals or patients' rights. I am merely giving my opinion. 

If you want absolute answers to your questions, do some research on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

But if they did have documents I think people can demand a dog free flight

Which to me is perfectly fine.....as long as they 'got there first'....and people with dogs don't get booted as an after thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sprightly said:

I don't think life is always fair for the person who has a legitimate need for a service animal. But, they are protected by laws. The passenger complaining? Not-so-much.

 

2 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

What if we see allergies as a disability?  What about a person that was attacked by a dog and suffers from PTSD?  Might that be a disability?  Or is this just a pro dog agenda thing so that no matter what the dog person wins?

Yeah, I'm a little curious here.  Why would one class of person in need without documentation be given the flight and another someone in need with documentation (not this lady, but someone who truly did have life threatening allergies and carried the paperwork) be asked to get off?  That's not just unfair, it's begging for a lawsuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

I am not in charge of laws/regulations/rules regarding support animals or patients' rights. I am merely giving my opinion. 

If you want absolute answers to your questions, do some research on your own.

You were full of opinions just a few posts ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

You were full of opinions just a few posts ago.

Right. So if you don't want opinions, go do your own research for facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Struds said:

 

Yeah, I'm a little curious here.  Why would one class of person in need without documentation be given the flight and another someone in need with documentation (not this lady, but someone who truly did have life threatening allergies and carried the paperwork) be asked to get off?  That's not just unfair, it's begging for a lawsuit.

As more and more people get service animals there will be more conflicts.  Heading to the airport now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Two dogs on the flight.  One says "mobility dog".  The other is simply on a rope.  Both mid sized and with the same family. 

 

Edit.  Third dog just came up.  Full size German Sheppard. 

Edited by Bawlmerian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Two dogs on the flight.  One says "mobility dog".  The other is simply on a rope.  Both mid sized and with the same family. 

 

Edit.  Third dog just came up.  Full size German Sheppard. 

Cool story, bro.  Set 'em straight and let them know you're keeping us all informed about them on a play-by-play basis.

Have a safe flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Cool story, bro.  Set 'em straight and let them know you're keeping us all informed about them on a play-by-play basis.

Have a safe flight.

It's just interesting how many more people are disabled now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Cool story, bro.  Set 'em straight and let them know you're keeping us all informed about them on a play-by-play basis.

Have a safe flight.

I think those dog owners have been following this thread, found out what flight he was taking and bought tickets for that plane just to bug him. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

It's just interesting how many more people are disabled now

I been thinking that for years now.

Now everyone has an 'issue' and wears it as a badge of honor. Maybe about a decade or so ago.....those people would have been called wimps....not all obviously....but allegies....wimp. Buy another box of tissues and suck it up. Too sever a reaction....then don't go where the allergy maybe agrivated or take precautions like wear a hepa mask. They do it in Japan all the time.

But of course that would infringe on THEIR civil rights.....but never mind everybody elses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 10/3/2017 at 10:29 PM, Guido2 said:

I been thinking that for years now.

Now everyone has an 'issue' and wears it as a badge of honor. Maybe about a decade or so ago.....those people would have been called wimps....not all obviously....but allegies....wimp. Buy another box of tissues and suck it up. Too sever a reaction....then don't go where the allergy maybe agrivated or take precautions like wear a hepa mask. They do it in Japan all the time.

But of course that would infringe on THEIR civil rights.....but never mind everybody elses.

a lot of these so called "allergies" seem to be the latest status symbol, a way to attract attention

the 46 year old complainant sounds like a crazy post-wall cat lady

 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/passenger-pulled-off/

"...Reports say 46-year-old Maryland Institute College of Art professor, Anila Daulatzai, was complaining about an emotional support animal on board, claiming she was deathly allergic to the pet. Southwest officials say she was unable to provide a medical certificate necessary to prove the allergy..."

Edited by boink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like southwest and the mta police have a real mess on their hands.  is this another case of flying while not white?

" But her Virginia-based legal team says Daulatzai never asked for the dogs to be removed from the plane and never claimed that her allergies were life-threatening. " ... " After Daulatzai took her seat and started grading papers, her lawyers say, she was approached by a series of airline representatives who asked her several questions. " ... and " “The Maryland Transportation Authority Police later disparaged her, accused her of lying about her pregnancy, and made racist remarks about immigrants. They also handed her a list of criminal charges, which have no merit.” "

 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/04/woman-removed-from-plane-southwest-allergies/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There ya go. Took her long enough for her to lawyer up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What her lawyer says means little as there's a plane full of passengers that can attest to what she said regarding the animals and her allergies. 

http://wbaltv.com/article/woman-dragged-off-flight-at-bwi-marshall-claims-she-was-profiled/12783926?src=app

"Attorneys for the Maryland professor who was seen on video being forcefully removed from a Southwest Airlines flight at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport last week said she's a victim of sexism, racial profiling and police brutality."

It seems they're just going to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yeah said:

looks like southwest and the mta police have a real mess on their hands.  is this another case of flying while not white?

" But her Virginia-based legal team says Daulatzai never asked for the dogs to be removed from the plane and never claimed that her allergies were life-threatening. " ... " After Daulatzai took her seat and started grading papers, her lawyers say, she was approached by a series of airline representatives who asked her several questions. " ... and " “The Maryland Transportation Authority Police later disparaged her, accused her of lying about her pregnancy, and made racist remarks about immigrants. They also handed her a list of criminal charges, which have no merit.” "

 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/04/woman-removed-from-plane-southwest-allergies/

 

Of course HER lawyers are going to say that, silly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, yeah said:

looks like southwest and the mta police have a real mess on their hands.  is this another case of flying while not white?

" But her Virginia-based legal team says Daulatzai never asked for the dogs to be removed from the plane and never claimed that her allergies were life-threatening. " ... " After Daulatzai took her seat and started grading papers, her lawyers say, she was approached by a series of airline representatives who asked her several questions. " ... and " “The Maryland Transportation Authority Police later disparaged her, accused her of lying about her pregnancy, and made racist remarks about immigrants. They also handed her a list of criminal charges, which have no merit.” "

 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/04/woman-removed-from-plane-southwest-allergies/

 

And I say....and my lawyers say..... that I am the heir to the throne in England.:rolleyes::lol:

And of course they are going to give here a list of charges. Like that is something incredibly unusual....that's procedure ....not because she is a minority. Shhhheeesssshhhhhh.

More ambulance chasing lawyers looking for a pay out.

What HS.

Find another ax yeah.....there are plenty in the shed. Right next to the racist pot stirring spoons.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What her lawyer says means little as there's a plane full of passengers that can attest to what she said regarding the animals and her allergies. 

http://wbaltv.com/article/woman-dragged-off-flight-at-bwi-marshall-claims-she-was-profiled/12783926?src=app

"Attorneys for the Maryland professor who was seen on video being forcefully removed from a Southwest Airlines flight at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport last week said she's a victim of sexism, racial profiling and police brutality."

It seems they're just going to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. 

 

4 hours ago, boink said:

Of course HER lawyers are going to say that, silly

As I said earlier.....lawyer lotto.

Unfortunately this type of poop seems to stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boink said:

a lot of these so called "allergies" seem to be the latest status symbol, a way to attract attention

the 46 year old complainant sounds like a crazy post-wall cat lady

 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/passenger-pulled-off/

"...Reports say 46-year-old Maryland Institute College of Art professor, Anila Daulatzai, was complaining about an emotional support animal on board, claiming she was deathly allergic to the pet. Southwest officials say she was unable to provide a medical certificate necessary to prove the allergy..."

And lawyers never lie when faced with a career changing settlement.:rolleyes:

 

With all that they are claiming it would be easy to witnesses of her claims on a packed flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0