eaglesinsider

Week 5 Scores

125 posts in this topic

Where you at, GA?  Told you MSJ wouldn’t beat Calvert Hall.  The Cardinals are coming for your Greyhounds.

5 minutes ago, George VII said:

Final Calvert Hall 35 - MSJ 0

Well that was pretty impressive, think they can carry it over to next week?

CM Wright's hard charging workhorse RB Moreno scores a well deserved TD from 35.

42-14 CM Wright 4:32 4th

9 minutes ago, Ajgarcia said:

Poly 8-0 over Douglass.

Is poly starting qb out?

27 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Where you at, GA?  Told you MSJ wouldn’t beat Calvert Hall.  The Cardinals are coming for your Greyhounds.

I watched the game, again not impressed. CHC’s defense was very smart and blitzed all game, MSJ’s young QB wasn’t ready. 

29 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

And it's going to be dog abuse!!!!  Anyone know the telephone number to PETA?

McDonogh wins 17-6 against Spalding. Not sure what Umbarger’s issue is, he was out there on defense playing LB, but not playing QB. He was limping the whole time. The ninth grade QB is solid, big arm but he has no touch at all. Just rifles it in. I believe they could have won that game with Umbarger at QB. They had the ball asni said before, inside the 10 three times and not score a TD. Offense just stalled. 

25 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

McDonogh wins 17-6 against Spalding. Not sure what Umbarger’s issue is, he was out there on defense playing LB, but not playing QB. He was limping the whole time. The ninth grade QB is solid, big arm but he has no touch at all. Just rifles it in. I believe they could have won that game with Umbarger at QB. They had the ball asni said before, inside the 10 three times and not score a TD. Offense just stalled. 

I agree and disagree what if McDonogh has Johnson also 

1 minute ago, GOOCH said:

I agree and disagree what if McDonogh has Johnson also 

Oh I agree, McD definitely needs Johnson. Their offense is very one dimensional without him. I was suprised at how Spalding pushed McD’s DL around. 

53 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Oh I agree, McD definitely needs Johnson. Their offense is very one dimensional without him. I was suprised at how Spalding pushed McD’s DL around. 

If Spalding's line pushed MCD's DL around so much was there a reason they didn't do it near the endzone? 6 Points you push the other teams's DL around and you don't score in the second half and only get 6 points. Got an explanation? I'm having trouble buying that. 

Well McDonogh will have their hands full next week

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I watched the game, again not impressed. CHC’s defense was very smart and blitzed all game, MSJ’s young QB wasn’t ready. 

MSJ got shut out one week after getting 28 points against the best Defense in the state, how does that happen? 

2 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

If Spalding's line pushed MCD's DL around so much was there a reason they didn't do it near the endzone? 6 Points you push the other teams's DL around and you don't score in the second half and only get 6 points. Got an explanation? I'm having trouble buying that. 

I think McDonoghs DL controlled the game imo

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

And it's going to be dog abuse!!!!  Anyone know the telephone number to PETA?

NM

Edited by TheGuru

1 minute ago, GOOCH said:

That's what you would think by the score but some reliable, unbiased sources were saying something else so I was just trying to figure it out. 

8 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Spalding had to have over 200 yards rushing and Spalding spent the whole 4th passing the ball, so how did McDonogh’s DL control the game? The ninth grade QB couldn’t convert inside the 10, and was wildly inaccurate outside of it. 

26 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Spalding had to have over 200 yards rushing and Spalding spent the whole 4th passing the ball, so how did McDonogh’s DL control the game? The ninth grade QB couldn’t convert inside the 10, and was wildly inaccurate outside of it. 

Why didn't they just run it in behind the dominant OLINE that was dominating the McDonogh DLINE. Just hand it off and you score right. How much did you inflate the stats this time? 

42 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Last I checked the scoreboard it didn't mention yardage. MCD was clearly the better team. Spalding will kill Gilman and MSJ. 

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

GA 

Umbarger didn't play at all. I was told that he has a pretty bad sprain in his ankle and that he was week to week. 

22 minutes ago, Falcon10 said:

GA 

Umbarger didn't play at all. I was told that he has a pretty bad sprain in his ankle and that he was week to week. 

Pretty sure he played on defense at LB, if he’s still number 15. 15 was their middle LB and he was limping the whole time.