Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50defense

Wise Football

82 posts in this topic

And just as important as Wise, AD Jason Gordan, Coach DeLawn Parrish, or the Wise football program here is Dave Owens, the former WUSA TV Channel 9 Sportscaster in DC and US Naval Academy graduate, who gives back and is the mastermind behind who produced this video along with many others to tell the real full story of football in that county rather than the stereotype thoughts many have through his Visionary Media Production Program.  I just happened to be at UMD several years ago visiting Terps Recruiter Marcus Berry, a former Friendly coach, when Dave Owens was there and gave a presentation about this visionary media project to all the county football coaches.  Mr. Owens has done many of these videos on other schools and functions like the one above.  I know Dave Owens has others coming down the pipe on Oxon Hill, E. Roosevelt, Bladensburg, and Northwestern.

As I said, I've seen other Owens videos at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUWrQEZIWfuS0g0oLD82pA/videos

It's NOT all about Wise football here but something much bigger.

Edited by DayWalker

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And just as important as Wise, AD Jason Gordan, Coach DeLawn Parrish, or the Wise football program here is Dave Owens, the former WUSA TV Channel 9 Sportscaster in DC and US Naval Academy graduate, who gives back and is the mastermind behind who produced this video along with many others to tell the real full story of football in that county rather than the stereotype thoughts many have through his Visionary Media Production Program.  I just happened to be at UMD several years ago visiting Terps Recruiter Marcus Berry, a former Friendly coach, when Dave Owens was there and gave a presentation about this visionary media project to all the county football coaches.  Mr. Owens has done many of these videos on other schools and functions like the one above.  I know Dave Owens has others coming down the pipe on Oxon Hill, E. Roosevelt, Bladensburg, and Northwestern.

As I said, I've seen other Owens videos at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUWrQEZIWfuS0g0oLD82pA/videos

It's NOT all about Wise football here but something much bigger.

Dave did one on DC football about a year or so ago that was really good...

Yep, I saw that one TSlick.  It was an hour long documentary on DC football.

Day Walker,

That freshman player for Wise you were telling me about ?  I saw just recently he got his 1st offer from Maryland.

I imagine Durkin held back to see the kid play some real high school games because I sensed some Terps assistants wanted to offer him right there from the UMD passing tournament where I first spotted the youngster's play and again at the PG passing tournament.  The kid Jalil Farooq has some skills to build upon and polish for the next 3 and 1/2-years.  Did I mention then that I felt he would and he actually did start his first game with the varsity back-to-back 4A state champions?  ;)

So in looking at his build, I can see a growth spurt that could make him a monster.....  Stay Tuned as Parrish and crew mold the kid in the weight room.

And Sniper is over there perhaps pondering how the kid got away from DeMatha.  All I can say is listen to Wise AD Jason Gordan about cutting that private pipeline in his area.  And DeMatha is no longer the only observers of Sasser Field and other youth league grounds around Wise, DouglassPG, Gwynn Park, and other The U high schools.

Very well done piece. Hopefully in the fall of 2019 we can get the Wise Vs Dematha game. 

Work on that public school relationship like Calvert Hall College has done over many years and dem very well could get Wise or whomever are top public dawgs at the time.  But don't back down from the Gorman's now that things didn't work out so well out Vegas.   Just sayin'  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BmoreBall said:

Very well done piece. Hopefully in the fall of 2019 we can get the Wise Vs Dematha game. 

That window may have come and gone. DM has been asking for a game for 5 years now and the current Wise enrollment program is over Jan. 1 2018. They will have a solid program like E. Roosevelt in a year or so, but won't be able to push the other MD public schools around like they have done. I wished they did schedule DM, SFA, SJC, McD, etc...this year, but after watching the CHC game it was a smart move they went that route. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

That window may have come and gone. DM has been asking for a game for 5 years now and the current Wise enrollment program is over Jan. 1 2018. They will have a solid program like E. Roosevelt in a year or so, but won't be able to push the other MD public schools around like they have done. I wished they did schedule DM, SFA, SJC, McD, etc...this year, but after watching the CHC game it was a smart move they went that route. 

Amazing how you know ALL about Wise and its enrollment but nothing about DeM's reclass.....   Amazing!!!!

Look at DM, SJC, McD history of playing MD public schools over the last 20-years.  And compare it to that of say Calvert Hall College.  CHC has developed a relationship with public teams in MD while your "blue-bloods" are just of late merely seeking validation as we of the publics know.

You "...Just Built Differently..." like Gorman.  Seek a return match there for a better posture for that MNC between you mercenary centrals.  Then again, after watching DeMatha against Gorman, that wasn't a smart move dem went that route.

The video above does get to you doesn't it DC Sniper!  Oh, and the Wise kid who got away from you ShoNuf mentioned is freshman Jalil Farooq.  SAD!!  :P

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Amazing how you know ALL about Wise and its enrollment but nothing about DeM's reclass.....   Amazing!!!!

Look at DM, SJC, McD history of playing MD public schools over the last 20-years.  And compare it to that of say Calvert Hall College.  CHC has developed a relationship with public teams in MD while your "blue-bloods" are just of late merely seeking validation as we of the publics know.

You "...Just Built Differently..." like Gorman.  Seek a return match there for a better posture for that MNC between you mercenary centrals.  Then again, after watching DeMatha against Gorman, that wasn't a smart move dem went that route.

The video above does get to you doesn't it DC Sniper!  Oh, and the Wise kid who got away from you ShoNuf mentioned is freshman Jalil Farooq.  SAD!!  :P

..."developed a relationship with MD publics"...? You couldn't be more out of touch. I don't think Franklin cared about "relationships" when they scheduled DM or McD. Nobody has time for that nonsense. 

Not sure what Farooq has to do with any if this. I'm sure he picked Wise because he wanted to play right away. It's about the right fit. Some kids would rather play meaningful minutes on varsity than to know they'd be on the freshman team for a year.

17 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

..."developed a relationship with MD publics"...? You couldn't be more out of touch. I don't think Franklin cared about "relationships" when they scheduled DM or McD. Nobody has time for that nonsense. 

Not sure what Farooq has to do with any if this. I'm sure he picked Wise because he wanted to play right away. It's about the right fit. Some kids would rather play meaningful minutes on varsity than to know they'd be on the freshman team for a year.

Franklin’s two state championship squads popped their cherries against CHC before taking on McDonogh & DeMatha.  

CHC plays public schools on the regular while MSJ is the only other league school who does similar.  Before this season has DeMatha played a public school on o regular basis.

34 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Franklin’s two state championship squads popped their cherries against CHC before taking on McDonogh & DeMatha.  

CHC plays public schools on the regular while MSJ is the only other league school who does similar.  Before this season has DeMatha played a public school on o regular basis.

I agree with everything you said, but what does that have to do with anything? DM has tried to schedule the top MD publics for a while now with no luck. DM isn't SJC or SFA where some millionaire/billionaire is fronting the bill for all of these OOS games. They will play anyone anytime anywhere, but it's much more efficient to play Wise or Damascus than to travel and play Phoebus or Oscar Smith. 

Franklin took the game and it has nothing to do with playing CHC three seasons ago and everything to do with the mentality of that coaching staff. This isn't House of Cards. It's high school football. Nobody cares about "relationships".

Posted (edited)

On 10/1/2017 at 5:16 PM, Silverbullet said:

Dude, it's about DeMatha's relationship NOT Franklin.  Franklin has a history of playing such games as it did this year with DeMatha and it include top dawg publics.  Calvert Hall has a solid history of playing public schools over the decades.  It's DeMatha and Saint John's and McDonogh et. al. who have done VERY little to NOTHING over decades with publics.  But now to glean some status ( validation) you can't get with how you have operated over the years, you now want the publics.  The DayWalker speaking for the public would simply say, puck you and smuck off, live with tweets that you are STATE CHAMPS or won "three/four consecutive state championships.  You ain't CHC....

Regarding Faroog and his nexus to this, review the video and Mr. Gordan's comment about one of his first tasks was to sever the private pipeline in the Wise service area.  Riverdale Baptist and McNamara have already felt the pains.  And I saw your DeM JV this season and that HyTown pipe flow may be clogging....

Again CC, no amount of beating any and all teams in Maryland will remove the taste of Gorman out of your mouth nor the feel of their boot against The Stags buttocks...

Edited by DayWalker

Doesn’t DM has two frosh running backs that wise wanted. Isn’t DM frosh team pretty good. 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I agree with everything you said, but what does that have to do with anything? DM has tried to schedule the top MD publics for a while now with no luck. DM isn't SJC or SFA where some millionaire/billionaire is fronting the bill for all of these OOS games. They will play anyone anytime anywhere, but it's much more efficient to play Wise or Damascus than to travel and play Phoebus or Oscar Smith. 

Franklin took the game and it has nothing to do with playing CHC three seasons ago and everything to do with the mentality of that coaching staff. This isn't House of Cards. It's high school football. Nobody cares about "relationships".

Dude, I told you Franklin has a history of playing such games; DeMatha this seasson, McDonogh for two years before, Calvert Hall for two or even three years before that, and Wise a couple years before that.  It's simply what Franklin does.  And what DeMatha does from it's high horse is exactly what you are doing now, trash talking your @zz out of games.

Now most public coaches aren't stupid and they recognize a clear advantage of your make your own rules as oppose to public compliance with MPSSAA rules like you practice whenever / however you want like DeMatha seen at Stevenson University in-residence contact practicing in helmets and pads in July.  Stevenson players hadn't reported yet for even locker assignment but DeM was there bumping.  Come on dude, come on....

But the bottom line here is you didn't get your expected validation from Franklin since although they were a two-time champ, Franklin isn't a current champ so you are unfulfilled.  The DayWalker says tough, let you continue to be miserable trying to save face on the shoulders of the publics.

And if you feel relationships are not important within the publics, you are far more dense than even I thought.  If you don't know relationships are very important, examine why Fort Hill has to seek so many games in PA and beyond.

Sniper, a mercenary "...just built differently..." like you Mater Dei may entertain a game with you.  Have your people give their people a call if you'll play anyone anytime anywhere.  But this time, please don't hide your scrimmages and games so your opponent can't get a scout look at you.  Dammit, act like you been there before cause it was pure bush league what you did this year to even shut out my friend BigDroop from seeing the play of his beloved Stags.  Bush League, pure bush league!!!

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Doesn’t DM has two frosh running backs that wise wanted. Isn’t DM frosh team pretty good. 

Tell us 2 poster, tell us ALL about what Wise wanted from DM.....  Do you also know ALL ABOUT enrollment at Wise but nothing about reclass at HyTown?  Does DM even have a frosh team or do you mean JV......   Now where is that rolling eyes emoji?   Oh, there it is.   :rolleyes:

Hey Snake, isn't it amazing how these DeM 2 and 3 posters just come from no where JUST LIKE the Gilman ilk.....  The DayWalker just loves this.

Edited by DayWalker

I know about reclass but I’m not sure you do. Which reclass kids are you talking about the ones that reclass in the 8th grade. The reclass kids that every highschool goes after. Or would you be referring to one of the DM player who was injuried his the end of his soph year with a serious injury and missed his entire junior year at school. I pretty sure DM has a frosh team and JV team unless they performed magic trick when we played them at friendship. 😉

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Dude, it's about DeMatha's relationship NOT Franklin.  Franklin has a history of playing such games as it did this year with DeMatha and it include top dawg publics.  Calvert Hall has a solid history of playing public schools over the decades.  It's DeMatha and Saint John's and McDonogh et. al. who has done VERY little to NOTHING over decades with publics.  But now to glean some status ( validation) you can't get with how you have operated over the years, you now want the publics.  The DayWalker speaking for the public would simply say, puck you and smuck off, leave with tweets that you are STATE CHAMPS or won "three consecutive state championships.  You ain't CHC....

Regarding Faroog and his nexus to this, review the video and Mr. Gordan's comment about one of his first tasks was to sever the private pipeline in the Wise service area.  Riverdale Baptist and McNamara have already felt the pains.  And I saw your DeM JV this season and that HyTown pipe flow may be clogging....

Again CC, no amount of beating any and all teams in Maryland will remove the taste of Gorman out of your mouth nor the feel of their boot against The Stags buttocks...

Drop the relationship thing. It's high school football. This isn't Tinder. You've somehow over complicated this entire thing while attempting to make an excuse. 

Gordon says what he has to say. It's his job. Most top public coaches say the same thing. Hop off the guys jock. 

DM lost to Gorman. Whatever. Happens in big national games. You win some and you lose some. I wouldn't expect you to understand any of that though. DM is still ranked in the national top 25. 

Posted (edited)

Don't tell me to drop the relationship thing, it's the publics who are blowing you off because you suddenly wish to give publics an audience after treating them like a red-headed bow-legged step daughter for decades.  Like I said, don't establish relationships and public teams fill their schedules with teams in their league and who they have relationships with.  Teams like yours have to come begging, do you know how to beg Parrish if that's who YOU want....  :D

Yes Sniper, DM just may be ranked (opined) top 25 nationally by several of the many opinion services. BUT in the end, you will NOT be "STATE CHAMP" no matter what and tell the rest of your lot that to include aaCounselor.  Stop living a lie....and stop trying to resolve your shortcomings thru the MD publics.  Beat like built teams like Gorman and be more than opined top 25.

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, billbobaggins said:

I know about reclass but I’m not sure you do. Which reclass kids are you talking about the ones that reclass in the 8th grade. The reclass kids that every highschool goes after. Or would you be referring to one of the DM player who was injuried his the end of his soph year with a serious injury and missed his entire junior year at school. I pretty sure DM has a frosh team and JV team unless they performed magic trick when we played them at friendship. 😉

Do you know about the athletes encouraged to reclass in the 8th-grade so they would be bigger / stronger and better to take football at DeMatha, I mean NOTHING to do with reclass for academics but purely  for sports?  Can you tell me about that or ANY MD public school that would be involved in holding back kids so that could better compete on the football team in high school since you say "...every high school goes after..." and you know it all about reclass ?  Waitin'

Regarding a DM player who was seriously injured his sophomore year and missed his "entire junior year at school," are you saying he couldn't attend school the remainder of his sophomore year and all his junior year?  Now I know some injuries can be very serious but you are saying a player was hurt in the fall one year and missed an entire year of class that included a summer?  Now I must tell you that I know of a player who was paralyzed from the neck down in a football game and he managed to still graduate on time and in fact went on to Towson I believe it was to again graduate within four years still paralyzed.  Or did the player you refer to reclass for sports; that which is NOT allowed in public school even with sports injuries; one progress to graduate in publics, not regress to progress in sports.

Edited by DayWalker

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Don't tell me to drop the relationship thing, it's the publics who are blowing you off because you suddenly wish to give publics an audience after treating them like a red-headed bow-legged step daughter for decades.  Like I said, don't establish relationships and public teams fill their schedules with teams in their league and who they have relationships with.  Teams like yours have to come begging, do you know how to beg Parrish if that's who YOU want....  :D

Yes Sniper, DM just may be ranked (opined) top 25 national several of the many opinion services. BUT in the end, you will NOT be "STATE CHAMP" and tell the rest of your lot that to included aaCounselor.  Stop living a lie....and stop trying to resolve your shortcomings thru the MD publics.  Beat like built teams like Gorman and be more than opined top 25.

Wise opened in 2006. Decades of relationships? Huh? Call for back up, DW. You're fried. 

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Wise opened in 2006. Decades of relationships? Huh? Call for back up, DW. You're fried. 

Decades of NO RELATIONSHIP with public schools programs guy, damn you stupid for a northeast boarding school prep from Chevy Chase!!!  How many MD public schools teams have you played in the last 20-years????  The kids who started up Wise came from DouglassPG, Gwynn Park, and Largo and all three of them are in PGCo where DeMatha is also located played CHC from the Baltimore area going backs many years, correct Guru!!!!

Edited by DayWalker

Are you saying that you think they should play more PG public schools. Because for a while DM always played DC publics . Yea they would play the CH and Baltimore schools. But to my knowledge they play plenty of public schools,  Phoebus, Oscar smith, Miami Central. 

37 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Decades of NO RELATIONSHIP with public schools programs guy, damn you stupid for a northeast boarding school prep from Chevy Chase!!!  How many MD public schools teams have you played in the last 20-years????  The kids who started up Wise came from DouglassPG, Gwynn Park, and Largo and all three of them are in PGCo where DeMatha is also located played CHC from the Baltimore area going backs many years, correct Guru!!!!

I went back on max preps DM

has not played any md public’s max preps goes back to 2004..