Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50defense

Wise Football

82 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Are you saying that you think they should play more PG public schools. Because for a while DM always played DC publics . Yea they would play the CH and Baltimore schools. But to my knowledge they play plenty of public schools,  Phoebus, Oscar smith, Miami Central. 

I said MARYLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!!!  That's all The DayWalker is interested in.....MPSSAA schools.  Yes, rattle off non-MD public schools but name the MD publics DeMatha has played?  Do it for Good Counsel.  And Gilman.   The only private team in MD with a consistent history of public play is Calvert Hall and it has been that way for many years.

And no I am not necessarily saying DeMatha should play more PG public teams.  What I am saying is if the purpose of DeMatha play against publics -- and the one who happens to be the best in any given year - is to feel complete or fulfilled in what it can't get with how it has operated for many decades - Validation -, then puck DeMatha and the lame stag it rode in on.  Publics just don't need DeMatha, certainly not as much as that ilk desire for Wise for such shallow envious reasons.

18 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

I went back on max preps DM

has not played any md public’s max preps goes back to 2004..

Now look up Calvert Hall.....

2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I said MARYLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!!!  That's all The DayWalker is interested in.....MPSSAA schools.  Yes, rattle off non-MD public schools but name the MD publics DeMatha has played?  Do it for Good Counsel.  And Gilman.   The only private team in MD with a consistent history of public play is Calvert Hall and it has been that way for many years.

And no I am not necessarily saying DeMatha should play more PG public teams.  What I am saying is if the purpose of DeMatha play against publics -- and the one who happens to be the best in any given year - is to feel complete or fulfilled in what it can't get with how it has operated for many decades - Validation -, then puck DeMatha and the lame stag it rode in on.  Publics just don't need DeMatha, certainly not as much as that ilk desire for Wise for such shallow envious reasons.

Got you, but I honestly don’t think DM is  interested in playing PG public. I think fans have been calling for the game and then the AD has been taking shots at privates. I was at a clinic and I heard a wise coach say dm ducking them. I just want to see good football. 

18 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Got you, but I honestly don’t think DM is  interested in playing PG public. I think fans have been calling for the game and then the AD has been taking shots at privates. I was at a clinic and I heard a wise coach say dm ducking them. I just want to see good football. 

If "ducking" means asking to schedule the game for the last 5 years with no response then yea, DM's ducking them. 

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Fans ain't calling for crap, just some unfulfilled private jocks or athletic supporters like the DC Sniper envious that anyone but them get ink....  I know Wise AD Jason Gordan very well and he doesn't take shots at privates but rather defend his program from the trappings of success like the lot around here falsely chanting about Wise's open enrollment, and countywide or even cross-county recruiting, and player poaching, and numerous other bogus BS to undermine or marginalize what is simply a good program.

You say you heard a Wise coach say Dem ducking them, PM me the coaches name or description and let me see what he says as I see them very often and I know their thoughts on DeMatha - they mean NOTHING to Wise since they don't play - and I know DeLawn only care about those on his schedule and those he could face in the playoffs.  Others are just a complete waste to him to consider.  I'm tellin' you, unless you are on Parrish schedule, you are dodo not worthy of thought.  So if DeMatha is not to confront Wise, D. Parrish would think they are not worthy of thought or consideration.

But good football is not limited to DeMatha and Wise.  A lot of good match-ups happen all the time.  In fact, among the worse games played so far, Wise and DeMatha have provided more than enough input for the games they've played so far.

Edited by DayWalker

25 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

If "ducking" means asking to schedule the game for the last 5 years with no response then yea, DM's ducking them. 

:D  Duck Gorman......

Lol I know Jason very well better than most. Anyway good forum look forward to joining more. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Lol I know Jason very well better than most. Anyway good forum look forward to joining more. 

But where is that CHC - MD Public match-up total since 2004 to 2016?  You said 0 for DeMatha.  The MD publics don't owe sports reclass DeMercenaries shtye.

Edited by DayWalker

23 minutes ago, billbobaggins said:

Then you should know Jason does NOT run the Wise football program.  The captain of that ship is DeLawn Parrish.

9 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Fans ain't calling for crap, just some unfulfilled private jocks or athletic supporters like the DC Sniper envious that anyone but them get ink....  I know Wise AD Jason Gordan very well and he doesn't take shots at privates but rather defend his program from the trappings of success like the lot around here falsely chanting about Wise's open enrollment, and countywide or even cross-county recruiting, and player poaching, and numerous other bogus BS to undermine or marginalize what is simply a good program.

You say you heard a Wise coach say Dem ducking them, PM me the coaches name or description and let me see what he says as I see them very often and I know their thoughts on DeMatha - they mean NOTHING to Wise since they don't play - and I know DeLawn only care about those on his schedule and those he could face in the playoffs.  Others are just a complete waste to him to consider.  I'm tellin' you, unless you are on Parrish schedule, you are dodo not worthy of thought.  So if DeMatha is not to confront Wise, D. Parrish would think they are not worthy of thought or consideration.

But good football is not limited to DeMatha and Wise.  A lot of good match-ups happen all the time.  In fact, among the worse games played so far, Wise and DeMatha have provided more than enough input for the games they've played so far.

So no open enrollment at Wise?  All the talent has come from the surrounding neighborhoods? No players enrolled in the Hospitality Program? No knock on the team or coaching, but I'd be very surprised. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Oldtime said:

So no open enrollment at Wise?  All the talent has come from the surrounding neighborhoods? No players enrolled in the Hospitality Program? No knock on the team or coaching, but I'd be very surprised

No more of an open enrollment at Wise then what occur at other county schools like for example Douglass' IB program that allowed their former 4-year QB starter now at Syracuse who lived in the Wise / Largo area to attend Douglass.  No more of an open enrollment than at Roosevelt in the north part of the county with its renowned high tech program that produced Google co-founder Sergey Brin with a like school in the south.  PGCo schools are designed around disciplines like performing arts at Suitland in the south or Northwestern in the north who produced The Muppets creator Jim Henson.  Yes there are Hospitality programs in a couple high schools, maybe Wise and Oxon Hill and even the county community college for the massive National Harbor / MGM facility on its Potomac shore.

And hell yes ALL that sports talent come from surrounding areas to include the head football coach of DeMatha down to it's newest coach Josh Wilson, former Stag - Terp - and NFL player.  You simply just don't know the PGCo school structure and you are perhaps, just perhaps, buying into the lame marginalization tact of "...there must be something shady going on at Wise..." because 1).  They are very successful, and/or  2).  They are predominantly black.

For the DC Sniper and others I suspect its all about public and very successful that gets their goat.  Which camp or both do you lean toward Oldtime and The DayWalker will NOT be surprised at all by your answer, 1) or 2) or both....  :rolleyes:

Come On and Walk With Me....

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

No more of an open enrollment at Wise then what occur at other county schools like for example Douglass' IB program that allowed their former 4-year QB starter now at Syracuse who lived in the Wise / Largo area to attend Douglass.  No more of an open enrollment than at Roosevelt in the north part of the county with its renowned high tech program that produced Google co-founder Sergey Brin with a like school in the south.  PGCo schools are designed around disciplines like performing arts at Suitland in the south or Northwestern in the north who produced The Muppets creator Jim Henson.  Yes there are Hospitality programs in a couple high schools, maybe Wise and Oxon Hill and even the county community college for the massive National Harbor / MGM facility on its Potomac shore.

And hell yes ALL that sports talent come from surrounding areas to include the head football coach of DeMatha down to it's newest coach Josh Wilson, former Stag - Terp - and NFL player.  You simply just don't know the PGCo school structure and you are perhaps, just perhaps, buying into the lame marginalization tact of "...there must be something shady going on at Wise..." because 1).  They are very successful, and/or  2).  They are predominantly black.

For the DC Sniper and others I suspect its all about public and very successful that gets their goat.  Which camp or both do you lean toward Oldtime and The DayWalker will NOT be surprised at all by your answer, 1) or 2) or both....  :rolleyes:

Come On and Walk With Me....

You contradict your previous statement about falsely accusing Wise's open enrollment. So like others in PGCO they take advantage of it. Good for them. As I said no knock on the team or coaching. Playing within the rules of PGCO, good for them. Very successful program and solid coaching. 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Oldtime said:

You contradict your previous statement about falsely accusing Wise's open enrollment. So like others in PGCO they take advantage of it. Good for them. As I said no knock on the team or coaching. Playing within the rules of PGCO, good for them. Very successful program and solid coaching. 

I contradict nothing OldTime but rather state facts and not BS suppositions or mindless bigoted speculations.  Wise does NOTHING more than what's allowed by its autonomous school district like ALL public schools.  PGCo have programs, like programs, in the north and south regions.  For whats at Roosevelt in the north, there is an equal Oxon Hill in the south as I said.  For a Northwestern in the north and its programs, there is an equal Suitland in the south with a like program.  Students cannot cross regions with programs offered in their service region.  Wise has no special carte blanche over ANYONE else, particularly related to sports.  What they do there is about education of its students.  Students enroll at Wise because its either their geographic service area school from feeders Decatur, Madison, Freeman, or Walker Mill middle schools or there is space available for a discipline they seek in their service area just like at other county schools.  I have a relative who lives in the Wise area but attend Douglass because he is interested in accounting / finance and that's Douglass' calling with available space - business, a decision that must be made in the 8th picking a program or one attend their geographic service area school or request a transfer doing a spring one or two weeks period in the county to an under utilized or space available school..

You need not tell me Wise is a very successful program with solid coaching.  Back-to-back state football championships and 7 - 11 says it all --- Seven Titles in Eleven Years it has existed.  What you OldTime need to tell us is 1) or 2) or both I asked you above.  Your beloved Damascus is very successful but not scrutinized!  Walkersville is successful but not scrutinized.  Fort Hill is three-peat state champions but not scrutinized.  Yet you and those like you question Wise, Franklin, and I remember the call outs of Friendly's success.  What's the difference Oldtime, what's the difference....1) or 2) or both?   :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

13 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I contradict nothing OldTime but rather state facts and not BS suppositions or mindless bigoted speculations.  Wise does NOTHING more than what's allowed by its autonomous school district like ALL public schools.  PGCo have programs, like programs, in the north and south regions.  For whats at Roosevelt in the north, there is an equal Oxon Hill in the south as I said.  For a Northwestern in the north and its programs, there is an equal Suitland in the south with a like program.  Students cannot cross regions with programs offered in their service region.  Wise has no special carte blanche over ANYONE else, particularly related to sports.  What they do there is about education of its students.  Students enroll at Wise because its either their geographic service area school from feeders Decatur, Madison, Freeman, or Walker Mill middle schools or their is space available for a discipline they seek in their service area just like at other county schools.  I have a relative who lives in the Wise area but attend Douglass because he is interested in accounting/ finance and that's Douglass' calling with available space - business, a decision that must be made in the 8th picking a program or one attend geographic service area school or request a transfer doing a spring one or two weeks period in the county.

You need not tell me Wise is a very successful program with solid coaching.  Back-to-back state football championships and 7 - 11 says it all --- Seven Titles in Eleven Years it has existed.  What you OldTime need to tell us is 1) or 2) or both I asked you above.  Your beloved Damascus is very successful but not scrutinized!  Walkersville is successful but not scrutinized.  Fort Hill is three-peat state champions but not scrutinized.  Yet you and those like you question Wise, Franklin, and I remember the call outs of Friendly's success.  What's the difference Oldtime, what's the difference....1) or 2) or both?   :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I don't see the world in Black and white. Some elect to do that, that's their choice. I have already said, Wise is well coached team, need to take that chip off your shoulder and relax sometime. Like you, I am a big Public advocate, not a fan of the mercenary Privates, that claim they're in it for the kids. It's all about winning for them, at all costs. 

It's really not hard to understand. The PGCo "open enrollment program" has glitches. One of those was the ability to stack a football team. The gap between the top dog and everyone else is ridiculous right now. Shows over Jan. 1 2018. Wish they could of got a big game in while the grass was so green...

Just now, Oldtime said:

Believe it or not, I don't see the world in Black and white. Some elect to do that, that's their choice. I have already said, Wise is well coached team, need to take that chip off your shoulder and relax sometime. Like you, I am a big Public advocate, not a fan of the mercenary Privates, that claim they're in it for the kids. It's all about winning for them, at all costs. 

Neither do I see the world in just black and white but don't try to piss down The DayWalker's back and tell me it's just raining; that dawg won't hunt.    Yeah your Wise is successful and have solid coaching but have open enrollment and a "Hospitality program" along with a questionable slant of so much talent coming from areas surrounding Wise is duly noted.  Try pissing on someone else OldTime.  And The DayWalker never carry just a chip, you get the pleasures of a full log here...when you Come Walk With MeB)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

It's really not hard to understand. The PGCo "open enrollment program" has glitches. One of those was the ability to stack a football team. The gap between the top dog and everyone else is ridiculous right now. Shows over Jan. 1 2018. Wish they could of got a big game in while the grass was so green...

:D  PGCo and Wise in particular WOULD NEVER COME CLOSE to what you can do at DeMatha for bought and paid for mercenary talents.  How much you lay out for M. Lloyd to come here all they way from where?????   It's no glitch what you can do at DeMatha except for when you play mercenary likes like Gorman.  And you talk of stacked teams!!!!  Hell, DeMatha is a school of perhaps 800 boys with about 70-plus on varsity, junior varsity, and freshman teams.  What, 25% of the school on various football teams!!!  Come on Chevy Chase, come on --- talk about something else than comparing and envy Wise with DeMatha. 

Rather than wish you had got a save face game in with Wise before it's too late, perhaps you wouldn't need Wise had you taken care of business in Vegas you worked so hard at for months and months and months.  I Feel Your Pain.......oh, never mind, I would be lying the say this cause I actually get a big kick out it each time I think about how you crawl on your belly in anguish over that Gorman outing.  Hell, your boy BigDroop still hasn't gotten off his belly and back in here and even aaCounselor has gone dormant on me, WTF!!!  So yeah yeah, Jan 1 2018 may be a big date for you but I suspect August 25 2017 Is A Date That Will Live In Infamy forever for you.....your Pearl Harbor of sorts!!!  But dropping a nuke or two on Wise like was done on Japan just will not save you Sniper or save face.  What's done is done but what Wise has to do to three-peat is ahead of us.  The best on the horizon for you is just another WHACK league title.....    Oh and some very forgettable ranking you'll need to constantly remind us all of along with AHP and Central Miami.  And don't even think of calling yourself a STATE CHAMP.

Edited by DayWalker

38 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Neither do I see the world in just black and white but don't try to piss down The DayWalker's back and tell me it's just raining; that dawg won't hunt.    Yeah your Wise is successful and have solid coaching but have open enrollment and a "Hospitality program" along with a questionable slant of so much talent coming from areas surrounding Wise is duly noted.  Try pissing on someone else OldTime.  And The DayWalker never carry just a chip, you get the pleasures of a full log here...when you Come Walk With MeB)

If I were pissing down your leg, you would know it, I'm an old guy with a bladder problem. 😏

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

No disrespect meant, DW, but Fort Hill is four-peat state champions...:)

1 minute ago, Oldtime said:

If I were pissing down your leg, you would know it, I'm an old guy with a bladder problem. 😏

:D  I'm surrounded with old guys with bladder problems so I know what's going on.  It's them who try to tell me it's just raining...... 

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, MCsoccerplex said:

No disrespect meant, DW, but Fort Hill is four-peat state champions...:)

My bad....My Bad...My Bad MC!!!!  And The DayWalker was at them all and you still have less titles than The Camp.  :D

But that last one was a chilly one even for a cold-bloodied vamp like me.  Maybe I can make it up there to Greenway when AlCo puts an end to it all this year and you still be the 2nd best team in Cumberland.....also no disrespect meant.  ;)

Edited by DayWalker

21 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

My bad....My Bad...My Bad MC!!!!  And The DayWalker was at them all and you still have less titles than The Camp.  :D

But that last one was a chilly one even for a cold-bloodied vamp like me.  Maybe I can make it up there to Greenway when AlCo puts an end to it all this year and you still be the 2nd best team in Cumberland.....also no disrespect meant.  ;)

You should come up for the Melbourne (FL) Central Catholic (Oct. 14th) game or go see the Sentinels play Friendship Collegiate (Oct. 21st) at Anacostia High School in D.C. Both will be significant tests for the Sentinels.

As for Allegany, it will always be a good cross-town match-up. While the victory against Dunbar was special, Allegany has given up a lot of points all season, and the Campers have scored a lot of points. Fort Hill's defense is too stingy to give up many points, and Fort Hill has put a lot of points on the board this year. I wouldn't be surprised if our neighbors to the west in Garrett County (Northern and Southern) and Keyser in nearby WV give Allegany all it can handle. 

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, MCsoccerplex said:

You should come up for the Melbourne (FL) Central Catholic (Oct. 14th) game or go see the Sentinels play Friendship Collegiate (Oct. 21st) at Anacostia High School in D.C. Both will be significant tests for the Sentinels.

As for Allegany, it will always be a good cross-town match-up. While the victory against Dunbar was special, Allegany has given up a lot of points all season, and the Campers have scored a lot of points. Fort Hill's defense is too stingy to give up many points, and Fort Hill has put a lot of points on the board this year. I wouldn't be surprised if our neighbors to the west in Garrett County (Northern and Southern) and Keyser in nearby WV give Allegany all it can handle. 

Too late, I already have FH/FCA covered.....   :D

And AlCo has FH's number this year....  I just feel it, the end of the run!!!   That's the one I want to see, The Campers flippin The Sentinels the bird...  :lol:

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

:D  PGCo and Wise in particular WOULD NEVER COME CLOSE to what you can do at DeMatha for bought and paid for mercenary talents.  How much you lay out for M. Lloyd to come here all they way from where?????   It's no glitch what you can do at DeMatha except for when you play mercenary likes like Gorman.  And you talk of stacked teams!!!!  Hell, DeMatha is a school of perhaps 800 boys with about 70-plus on varsity, junior varsity, and freshman teams.  What, 25% of the school on various football teams!!!  Come on Chevy Chase, come on --- talk about something else than comparing and envy Wise with DeMatha. 

Rather than wish you had got a save face game in with Wise before it's too late, perhaps you wouldn't need Wise had you taken care of business in Vegas you worked so hard at for months and months and months.  I Feel Your Pain.......oh, never mind, I would be lying the say this cause I actually get a big kick out it each time I think about how you crawl on your belly in anguish over that Gorman outing.  Hell, your boy BigDroop still hasn't gotten off his belly and back in here and even aaCounselor has gone dormant on me, WTF!!!  So yeah yeah, Jan 1 2018 may be a big date for you but I suspect August 25 2017 Is A Date That Will Live In Infamy forever for you.....your Pearl Harbor of sorts!!!  But dropping a nuke or two on Wise like was done on Japan just will not save you Sniper or save face.  What's done is done but what Wise has to do to three-peat is ahead of us.  The best on the horizon for you is just another WHACK league title.....    Oh and some very forgettable ranking you'll need to constantly remind us all of along with AHP and Central Miami.  And don't even think of calling yourself a STATE CHAMP.

Stop comparing how a private operates to a public. It's pointless. Publics receive tax dollars. Privates don't. Privates need to recruit kids to their schools in general. Publics don't. We could go on and on...

Focus on the advantage that Wise had over other public schools because of the glitch in the fading open enrollment program. I know a lot of coaches at the less competitive PG public schools were very happy at the decision to even things out. It's not really that big of a deal. The problem is being fixed very soon. 

Again, Wise vs DM was a natural match up based on location. As it has been posted on here several times, the Wise guys ran their mouth from time to time about DM ducking them. To be honest, those guys probably believed that to be true because its was what came down from up top. In reality, DM asked for the game with no response for years. It was a great play on the part of those in charge at Wise. They based the program on "Why pay for private school"? Well, they didn't want to be exposed. How could you back that up if you got a running clock put on you by DM, SFA, or SJC? You can't. It was smart business. 

Edited by Silverbullet

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Stop comparing how a private operates to a public. It's pointless. Publics receive tax dollars. Privates don't. Privates need to recruit kids to their schools in general. Publics don't. We could go on and on...

Focus on the advantage that Wise had over other public schools because of the glitch in the fading open enrollment program. I know a lot of coaches at the less competitive PG public schools were very happy at the decision to even things out. It's not really that big of a deal. The problem is being fixed very soon. 

Again, Wise vs DM was a natural match up based on location. As it has been posted on here several times that the Wise guys ran their mouth from time to time about DM ducking them. To be honest, those guys probably believed that to be true because its was what came down from up top. In reality, DM asked for the game with no response for years. It was a great play on the part of those in charge at Wise. They based the program on "Why pay for private school"? Well, they didn't want to be exposed. How could you back that up if you got a running clock put on you by DM, SFA, or SJC? You can't. It was smart business. 

You should try stop comparing publics to privates with your constant rants about who's better or that publics need to "measure" themselves against you bought and paid for reclass mercenaries at the high school level.   MD publics do NOT call out privates by any means, nor do they try to inject themselves in privates play schemes like your lot to include legal or statutory measures to want in the MD PUBLIC CHAMPIONSHIPS.  MD publics simply play the game for their students and fans and call it a day when games and the season are over.  WE don't carry on to obsession about who we are going to clock or whose pockets are deeper to buy league titles, foam at the mouth over rankings, and have near medical seizures over the ever illusive MNC.  We publics have 4 four FOUR state champions in MD never to bicker among the lot in any year of who is ultimately better.

And you would be very wrong to think that all publics don't recruit.  When there are feeder schools or youth programs for multiple schools, it is quite normal and due diligence to recruit.  Like I said in a previous post, I know Madison Middle School is a feeder to Wise.  What I didn't tell you is that Madison is also a feeder to DouglassPG.  Therefore, it is quite proper for stewards of Wise and Douglass to get kids to choose their program over another.

You say Wise vs DeMatha is a natural match up based on location.  Geographically you could be on to something but many other schools have been around and around DeMatha a lot longer than Wise.  You can walk between Northwestern and DeMatha.  Roosevelt is less than 10-miles away from DeMatha as is DuVal as is Flowers, ALL PG 4A schools.   Hell, Blair MoCo must be within 10-15 miles of DeMatha YET THE STAGS every year scrimmage Westfield 50-miles away in another state and need I say you go there!  Is it because of a relationship you choose to just dismiss when its a MD public?    But you have this OCD to get at Wise, why?  The DayWalker believe it's because of some WHACKED WCAC HighLander belief that their only can be ONE and that ONE is DeMatha.

Wise's current advantage over it's opponents is that the are simply better; what sports IS ALL ABOUT.  You just wreak with dem slime envy of what Wise has done and you're most certainly ticked pink that The DayWalker constantly tells you so.  One could argue that YOU, a northeast boarding school prep from Chevy Chase, hate Wise so much because of the vamp and me kicking your @zz so much around here.

Rather than be SO concerned about the public PG leagues, you should be more concerned about the WCAC A and B split with a very good chance that your bush league A conference could quickly be reduced to just 4 four FOUR teams.   :rolleyes:

Regarding being EXPOSED, Gorman did do that to DeMatha so I give it to you that you have real world experience of that.  There is absolutely NOTHING a private can do to "expose" any public when its ultimate goal is to win states.  Should Franklin win states in the fall when you all are home watching the publics play still fuming over Gorman, Franklin's loss to DeMatha just will NOT mean jack.  Northwest or Quince Orchard's loss of a single regular season just will NOT mean jack should either win state, even the team who had a running clock dropped on them.  The only exposure that truly hurt publics are they ones revealed to cause a loss in weeks 11-14.  DeMatha being exposed by Gorman was essentially and effectively season over for DeMatha never ever to be forgiven nor forgotten.  Now that's exposed!!!

Hate On....Hate On....  The DayWalker loves it.  :P

Edited by DayWalker