Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50defense

Wise Football

116 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Stop comparing how a private operates to a public. It's pointless. Publics receive tax dollars. Privates don't. Privates need to recruit kids to their schools in general. Publics don't. We could go on and on...

Focus on the advantage that Wise had over other public schools because of the glitch in the fading open enrollment program. I know a lot of coaches at the less competitive PG public schools were very happy at the decision to even things out. It's not really that big of a deal. The problem is being fixed very soon. 

Again, Wise vs DM was a natural match up based on location. As it has been posted on here several times, the Wise guys ran their mouth from time to time about DM ducking them. To be honest, those guys probably believed that to be true because its was what came down from up top. In reality, DM asked for the game with no response for years. It was a great play on the part of those in charge at Wise. They based the program on "Why pay for private school"? Well, they didn't want to be exposed. How could you back that up if you got a running clock put on you by DM, SFA, or SJC? You can't. It was smart business. 

BS...Privates get as much federal Title funds per student in their respective county as public schools do. It's the law to make such funds available to non-public schools. Therefore, yes, private schools do receive federal tax dollars.

1 hour ago, MCsoccerplex said:

BS...Privates get as much federal Title funds per student in their respective county as public schools do. It's the law to make such funds available to non-public schools. Therefore, yes, private schools do receive federal tax dollars.

"In general, the US Department of Education does not have programs that provide funds for building, starting, or operating private elementary or secondary schools. An exception was the School Renovation Program, which provided assistance to high poverty public and private schools located within a local education agency(LEA) that received a school renovation grant"...

-US Department of Education website(not going to cite this properly). 

Or are you referring to private colleges? In that case, I'm talking about high schools.

Or are you talking about ESEA or IDEA funds where private schools receive money for offering help to immigrant and disabled students?

Or SES funds where private schools tutor public school students exclusively on the side?

I'm not being a ****. I'm just curious. 

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

You should try stop comparing publics to privates with your constant rants about who's better or that publics need to "measure" themselves against you bought and paid for reclass mercenaries at the high school level.   MD publics do NOT call out privates by any means, nor do they try to inject themselves in privates play schemes like your lot to include legal or statutory measures to want in the MD PUBLIC CHAMPIONSHIPS.  MD publics simply play the game for their students and fans and call it a day when games and the season are over.  WE don't carry on to obsession about who we are going to clock or whose pockets are deeper to buy league titles, foam at the mouth over rankings, and have near medical seizures over the ever illusive MNC.  We publics have 4 four FOUR state champions in MD never to bicker among the lot in any year of who is ultimately better.

And you would be very wrong to think that all publics don't recruit.  When there are feeder schools or youth programs for multiple schools, it is quite normal and due diligence to recruit.  Like I said in a previous post, I know Madison Middle School is a feeder to Wise.  What I didn't tell you is that Madison is also a feeder to DouglassPG.  Therefore, it is quite proper for stewards of Wise and Douglass to get kids to choose their program over another.

You say Wise vs DeMatha is a natural match up based on location.  Geographically you could be on to something but many other schools have been around and around DeMatha a lot longer than Wise.  You can walk between Northwestern and DeMatha.  Roosevelt is less than 10-miles away from DeMatha as is DuVal as is Flowers, ALL PG 4A schools.   Hell, Blair MoCo must be within 10-15 miles of DeMatha YET THE STAGS every year scrimmage Westfield 50-miles away in another state and need I say you go there!  Is it because of a relationship you choose to just dismiss when its a MD public?    But you have this OCD to get at Wise, why?  The DayWalker believe it's because of some WHACKED WCAC HighLander belief that their only can be ONE and that ONE is DeMatha.

Wise's current advantage over it's opponents is that the are simply better; what sports IS ALL ABOUT.  You just wreak with dem slime envy of what Wise has done and you're most certainly ticked pink that The DayWalker constantly tells you so.  One could argue that YOU, a northeast boarding school prep from Chevy Chase, hate Wise so much because of the vamp and me kicking your @zz so much around here.

Rather than be SO concerned about the public PG leagues, you should be more concerned about the WCAC A and B split with a very good chance that your bush league A conference could quickly be reduced to just 4 four FOUR teams.   :rolleyes:

Regarding being EXPOSED, Gorman did do that to DeMatha so I give it to you that you have real world experience of that.  There is absolutely NOTHING a private can do to "expose" any public when its ultimate goal is to win states.  Should Franklin win states in the fall when you all are home watching the publics play still fuming over Gorman, Franklin's loss to DeMatha just will NOT mean jack.  Northwest or Quince Orchard's loss of a single regular season just will NOT mean jack should either win state, even the team who had a running clock dropped on them.  The only exposure that truly hurt publics are they ones revealed to cause a loss in weeks 11-14.  DeMatha being exposed by Gorman was the essentially and effectively season over for DeMatha never ever to be forgiven nor forgotten.  Now that's exposed!!!

Hate On....Hate On....  The DayWalker loves it.  :P

Do you write scripts for soap operas? 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Do you write scripts for soap operas? 

I could.  Perhaps I start one off about a catholic school football team who went to the Carolinas to play a game and ended up hiring a bunch of hookers.  I'll call the soap Dem All My Children....

Edited by DayWalker

31 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I could.  Perhaps I start one off about a catholic school football team who went to the Carolinas to play a game and ended up hiring a bunch of hookers.  I'll call the soap Dem All My Children....

Touché 

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

Touché 

Will suffice......when You Come Walk With Me....  The DayWalker

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

"In general, the US Department of Education does not have programs that provide funds for building, starting, or operating private elementary or secondary schools. An exception was the School Renovation Program, which provided assistance to high poverty public and private schools located within a local education agency(LEA) that received a school renovation grant"...

-US Department of Education website(not going to cite this properly). 

Or are you referring to private colleges? In that case, I'm talking about high schools.

Or are you talking about ESEA or IDEA funds where private schools receive money for offering help to immigrant and disabled students?

Or SES funds where private schools tutor public school students exclusively on the side?

I'm not being a ****. I'm just curious. 

I am talking about Pre-K to Grade 12 private schools. Like their public school counterparts, they are eligible for: 

Title I - Part A

Title I - Part C

Title I - Part F

Title II - Part A

Title III - Part A

Title IV - Part A

Title IV - Part F

Title V - Part A

Title VII 

Title IX 

Here is a source provided by the Council for American Private Education that is based on the most recent federal ESSA legislation: http://www.capenet.org/pdf/ESSACAPE.pdf

Title I, Title II, and Title IX funding has always been provided to non-public schools. The additional Title fundings mentioned are more recent. 

I appreciate your willingness to seek the truth, Silver. As an advocate of public schools, I feel the need to let folks know the truth. 

Edited by MCsoccerplex

5 minutes ago, MCsoccerplex said:

I am talking about Pre-K to Grade 12 private schools. Like their public school counterparts, they are eligible for: 

Title I - Part A

Title I - Part c

Title I - Part F

Title II - Part A

Title III - Part A

Title IV - Part A

Title IV - Part F

Title V - Part A

Title VII 

Title IX 

Here is a source provided by the Council for American Private Education that is based on the most recent federal ESSA legislation: http://www.capenet.org/pdf/ESSACAPE.pdf

Title I, Title II, and Title IX funding has always been provided to non-public schools. The additional Title fundings mentioned are more recent. 

I appreciate your willingness to seek the truth, Silver. As an advocate of public schools I feel the need to let folks know the truth. 

These programs are "available" to private school students and teachers. That doesn't mean that they need or take advantage of them. I'm sure some do, but like I quoted above, there are no federal funds set aside to build, start or operate a private school unless they are located in a poverty stricken area and contact the LEA for help. You're talking about grants for gifted learners, funds for English to be taught to immigrants, private school kids failing state exams and setting up consultations, etc...

I'm talking about operational costs. 

Posted (edited)

On 10/2/2017 at 8:21 PM, Silverbullet said:

These programs are "available" to private school students and teachers. That doesn't mean that they need or take advantage of them. I'm sure some do, but like I quoted above, there are no federal funds set aside to build, start or operate a private school unless they are located in a poverty stricken area and contact the LEA for help. You're talking about grants for gifted learners, funds for English to be taught to immigrants, private school kids failing state exams and setting up consultations, etc...

Building schools is a state/local function, not federal.  I'm sure if you look around you will find some local rep who has champion legislation for funding of private schools....  Who represent the area where DeMatha is located and we'll find the reps who have greased the skips for some DeMatha public funding.

Edited by DayWalker

4 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Trust me, private schools do take advantage of the federal programs mentioned. To say private schools do not get taxpayer dollars is simply not truthful. 

And...until private schools have to play by the same rules (accepting all students, regardless of ability and/or disability or socio-economic status; accountability measures; high quality standards for teachers; etc.) as the public schools the funding you mention should not be available. 

29 minutes ago, MCsoccerplex said:

Trust me, private schools do take advantage of the federal programs mentioned. To say private schools do not get taxpayer dollars is simply not truthful. 

And...until private schools have to play by the same rules (accepting all students, regardless of ability and/or disability or socio-economic status; accountability measures; high quality standards for teachers; etc.) as the public schools the funding you mention should not be available. 

I'm sure some private schools do take advantage of these programs. A lot don't. 

I agree with the second paragraph 100%. 

35 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Building schools is a state/local function, not federal.  I'm sure if you look around you will fund some local rep who has champion legislation for funding of private schools....  Who represent the area where DeMatha is located and we'll find the reps who have greased the skips for some DeMatha public funding.

I kind of want to see your investigative skills/beyond over dramatic spin on this topic, but the new fiscal year just started and I should probably focus on that tomorrow. I may bring this up on a rainy day in the future...

I'm amazed you feel you have a future Sniper.....

Better Than This????

12 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Better Than This????

Apples and oranges, DW. UTR and ESPN are about as good as it gets for high school football.

LMAO at this.  You can go on for weeks talking about this and in the end it still comes down to two different lanes:

Privates have their lane and how they operate

Publics have their lane and how they operate

They will always be different and the talk of who plays who and who and who is better will continue until their is a public/private state championship playoff, which will NEVER happen.

Posted (edited)

And you think the talk would halt if there were a "MD private/public state championship"!!!!   Of the four public champions, the WCAC A and B champions, the MIAA-A, MIAA-B, MIAA-C champions, the IAC champion, and any other strays --- tell us, yes you WhoMe, how do you expect this ultimate state champion(s) to be sorted....  But quite the contrary Who, the privates DO NOT have a well established lane or how they operate but they are in fact all over the road to include travel down paths for head-on collisions.  Hell, they can't even come up with just a private playoff championship let alone well settled league titles!!!

No thanks Who, no you, the publics are just fine without the private garbage it would bring to a just fine public setup.  The privates can seek their validation some other way and on its very own.  Still laughing your @zz off, yes yes you WhoMe????  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Yep I am, you have your opinion and if we all accept it you are fine. If not you continue.  To each his own, have it. As the "Gladiator" said, Are you not entertained? YES I am.

1 hour ago, WhoMe said:

Yep I am, you have your opinion and if we all accept it you are fine. If not you continue.  To each his own, have it. As the "Gladiator" said, Are you not entertained? YES I am.

Oh yes Yes YES The DayWalker you should easily be able to tell is quite entertained here as Shakespeare said by "... a rose of any other name..." to include WhoMe, yes You et. al by any other name...  :P

On 10/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, billbobaggins said:

I went back on max preps DM

has not played any md public’s max preps goes back to 2004..

Think Wise (they) will be # 1 in the Post this week with DeMatha losing. 75 Points, they should have let Bowie play with 15 guys. They have outscored the teams in their league 276 to 0. 

Need more OOC games if they are able to schedule them or even other strong publics from other counties although that MD scoring system might hurt them. I'm sure they would like more competitive games. Calvert Hall was a start. Wouldn't a Damascus-Wise regular season game draw a huge crowd? 

Nah, I think SFA will be / still should be #1 although a vamp doesn't give a nat's nut for rankings.  So say there was a dispute about who should be #1, unless it's settled on the field, a vamp just doesn't care.  And that ain't happening between say SFA and Wise, should both continue as is.  A couple of the more competitive PG 4A teams - Suitland and Flowers - didn't get scheduled for Wise this season, the luck or unluck of the draw with 13 or so teams in that league.  But Wise has Roosevelt in a couple weeks albeit Roosevelt lost to undefeated Flowers.  And my folks tell me undefeated Suitland easily handled undefeated DouglassPG during the weekend.

I can't see PG teams showing anything to Wise in the regular season; waiting on playoff time.  The issue of scheduling strong teams is you really don't know from year to year who are the strong teams except for this year PG developed three conferences internally based on win/loss success over time.

3 hours ago, 58Colts said:

Think Wise (they) will be # 1 in the Post this week with DeMatha losing. 75 Points, they should have let Bowie play with 15 guys. They have outscored the teams in their league 276 to 0. 

Need more OOC games if they are able to schedule them or even other strong publics from other counties although that MD scoring system might hurt them. I'm sure they would like more competitive games. Calvert Hall was a start. Wouldn't a Damascus-Wise regular season game draw a huge crowd? 

While a Wise Damascus matchup sounds intriguing, a team with an enrollment of twice the other typically has an advantage. 

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Nah, I think SFA will be / still should be #1 although a vamp doesn't give a nat's nut for rankings.  So say there was a dispute about who should be #1, unless it's settled on the field, a vamp just doesn't care.  And that ain't happening between say SFA and Wise, should both continue as is.  A couple of the more competitive PG 4A teams - Suitland and Flowers - didn't get scheduled for Wise this season, the luck or unluck of the draw with 13 or so teams in that league.  But Wise has Roosevelt in a couple weeks albeit Roosevelt lost to undefeated Flowers.  And my folks tell me undefeated Suitland easily handled undefeated DouglassPG during the weekend.

I can't see PG teams showing anything to Wise in the regular season; waiting on playoff time.  The issue of scheduling strong teams is you really don't know from year to year who are the strong teams except for this year PG developed three conferences internally based on win/loss success over time.

Wow...I didn't know this.  So Wise will only see these guys via the playoffs?  Interesting....