Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50defense

Wise Football

117 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Wow...I didn't know this.  So Wise will only see these guys via the playoffs?  Interesting....

That's right.  What really knocked off many of the PG 4A games is that the PG 1A, 2A, 3A teams got/get to play the county 4A teams so many lower teams got as many as 4 4A games.  The 4A teams are taking the lower class teams down this year.

Would "WESTBROOK" have to do with it....?

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Would "WESTBROOK" have to do with it....?

Absolutely. Byron and his team will be very interesting to watch. He didn't have the typical NFL trajectory. He received barely any attention from college coaches while at DM and ended up at D3 Salisbury before forcing his way on an NFL roster where he stayed for a few years. He was the kind of kid where if someone said during his freshman year that he'd end up in the league, they'd be laughed out of the room. He didn't care. Most people have done the same thing with Bladensburg so it's very relatable. It'll be a tough task, but I think he's up to it.

So this episode is the best by far to you because it involves a DeM alum, got it, I thought that was the case for you...  But damn, the guy Westbrook replaced is now at Wise, shyte!!  Anyway, I'm NOT sure Byron "forced" his way on an NFL roster as you over-the-top chatacterize it.  No one does that in the NFL, no one!  But I wish Coach Westbrook all the good fortune he can get cause it's a jungle between those PG coaches.  They will not cut any slack on BW just cause he's new.  Anyway, Byron already got some good fortune cause the guy who brought him on is the new Bladensburg AD who played with BW at Salisbury.

36 minutes ago, BJC said:

You think Flowers can beat Wise?

Perhaps this season but Flowers hasn't in perhaps 10 years and came close only once I think.  But Flowers is under new management now so anything is possible.  Just recall what Omar Little once said, "...when you come at the king you best not miss..."

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Perhaps this season but Flowers hasn't in perhaps 10 years and came close only once I think.  But Flowers is under new management now so anything is possible.  Just recall what Omar Little once said, "...when you come at the king you best not miss..."

The Flowers HC is another one of the Milloy guys. If free I'll like to see the chess matches between the staffs...

3 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

The Flowers HC is another one of the Milloy guys. If free I'll like to see the chess matches between the staffs...

Yeah TSlick, that was a deal I didn't understand since I'm fairly sure Dameon Powell was born and raised in PGCo but did high school at Sherwood in MoCo where I'm fairly sure he was on two state championship teams.

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah TSlick, that was a deal I didn't understand since I'm fairly sure Dameon Powell was born and raised in PGCo but did high school at Sherwood in MoCo where I'm fairly sure he was on two state championship teams.

Good dude! And runs a little of everything in his offense. Usually get to see him and his staff operate when they come up to hit Bullis but missed it this year. 

I understand that the next PG-13 video like those done above will feature Flowers.

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

I understand that the next PG-13 video like those done above will feature Flowers.

Bet

46 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

Oh my a barn burner! A bunch of talent and size on both teams. That double wing is hard to defend when an offense can run multiple schemes. Also love the way Wise went to 22 personnel and ran the ball. A lot of good coaching going on. Thats some good football there champ! 

The one thing that has surprised me in the Media State Poll is the lack of recognition the Raiders get. They aren't among the 17 publics to receive any vote this week, and last week, when they did receive a vote, they were the 21st ranked public, in others.

In both of the Raiders 7 point losses this season, they were driving in the final minute, with a chance to tie or win, versus both Wise and undefeated Flowers, who is the 4th ranked MD public (behind Wise, Damascus, and North Point) in the Post, #9 overall.

The Raiders D is formidible, and with Faulkner and McDonald, they have 2 players that can make it happen. They've dominated their 5 other PG opponents, 203-6, and came up short to arguably the best public in the state, and another top 10 team.

I've had the Raiders from anywhere between #8 (now) and #13 (weeks 4 and 5, after Flowers loss) this season, #10 pre-season.

Edited by themamba

11 hours ago, themamba said:

The one thing that has surprised me in the Media State Poll is the lack of recognition the Raiders get. They aren't among the 17 publics to receive any vote this week, and last week, when they did receive a vote, they were the 21st ranked public, in others.

In both of the Raiders 7 point losses this season, they were driving in the final minute, with a chance to tie or win, versus both Wise and undefeated Flowers, who is the 4th ranked MD public (behind Wise, Damascus, and North Point) in the Post, #9 overall.

The Raiders D is formidible, and with Faulkner and McDonald, they have 2 players that can make it happen. They've dominated their 5 other PG opponents, 203-6, and came up short to arguably the best public in the state, and another top 10 team.

I've had the Raiders from anywhere between #8 (now) and #13 (weeks 4 and 5, after Flowers loss) this season, #10 pre-season.

ER was underestimated by most of the voters coming into the season.  They only had 1 vote in week one.  Throw in the fact most people saw the Flowers win over ER as an upset at the time, it put ER deeper in the hole.  In addition, you rarely see a 2 loss public school in the top 25 during the regular season. Good news is these things tends to work themselves out come playoff time.  I have a feeling once the final poll comes out ER will be in the top 25.

Edited by nomad974

31 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

ER was underestimated by most of the voters coming into the season.  They only had 1 vote in week one.  Throw in the fact most people saw the Flowers win over ER as an upset at the time, it put ER deeper in the hole.  In addition, you rarely see a 2 loss public school in the top 25 during the regular season. Good news is these things tends to work themselves out come playoff time.  I have a feeling once the final poll comes out ER will be in the top 25.

But lets not put the cart before the horse.  E Roosevelt still has yet to clear the "playoff get in" hurdle.  Just sayin'....  Wise and Flowers are in.  Suitland is in if they win out.  Roosevelt and a couple other PG 4A teams are on the bubble.  Just the way The DayWalker likes it  :P

Wise should win it all but if someone does beat them I have my money on Flowers. Powell is a good coach.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:33 AM, OldBallCoach said:

Wise should win it all but if someone does beat them I have my money on Flowers. Powell is a good coach.

But Powell doesn't  play.  Moreover, Powell has no consistent history of taking Wise ( Parrish ) perhaps losing more than double winning.  Now Flowers under other management may have been even with Wise.  So The DayWalker who say "...You got to know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em. when to walk away, when to run...."

In sum, hold on to your money OCB   :P

Edited by DayWalker

17 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

But Powell does play.  Moreover, Powell has no consistent history of taking Wise ( Parrish ) perhaps losing more than double winning.  Now Flowers under other management may have been even with Wise.  So The DayWalker who say "...You got to know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em. when to walk away, when to run...."

In sum, hold on to your money OCB   :P

I hear you. That would be a great win if it could happen. Yes Mayo was a good coach some of those Flowers teams were tough!

10 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

I hear you. That would be a great win if it could happen. Yes Mayo was a good coach some of those Flowers teams were tough!

I believe Mayo is still in the mix just elsewhere....

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

I believe Mayo is still in the mix just elsewhere....

He is Laurel I believe. Ed and Eric at Suitland are great guys also.