Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

JJ Unplugged

14 posts in this topic

Interesting to hear him say that he'd consider staying in Baltimore, on a cheaper contract and in a bench role. On paper, that sounds like a good. But I think it would cause a problem in the clubhouse. Buck likes his guys, and JJ is one of his guys. And we know, from Buck's insistence on keeping UJ in the rotation, that he would push the agenda of keeping JJ in the starting SS role, no matter how his production compares to Beckham's. 

59 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Interesting to hear him say that he'd consider staying in Baltimore, on a cheaper contract and in a bench role. On paper, that sounds like a good. But I think it would cause a problem in the clubhouse. Buck likes his guys, and JJ is one of his guys. And we know, from Buck's insistence on keeping UJ in the rotation, that he would push the agenda of keeping JJ in the starting SS role, no matter how his production compares to Beckham's. 

Well, what's clear is that any players with "J" in their name have to go.

;)

3 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well, what's clear is that any players with "J" in their name have to go.

;)

I've always been suspicious of the letter J :angry:

2 hours ago, weird-O said:

Sorry, but it's time for him to go.  I'm sure the Orioles could find another SS that hits .215, barely gets on base and isn't regularly injured.  He hasn't played anything close to a full season since 2014.

29 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Sorry, but it's time for him to go.  I'm sure the Orioles could find another SS that hits .215, barely gets on base and isn't regularly injured.  He hasn't played anything close to a full season since 2014.

But he feels GREAT!

I'm torn... if I weren't worried about the whole "Buck's veteran guys" angle... if JJ took the Flaherty role, and Flaherty took the next bus out... well...

If Flaherty took Caleb Joseph with him... I'd be all in!  Hey, actually wasn't Hardy the emergency catcher at some point?  Heck, yeah... re-sign J.J. and jettison Flaherty and Joseph.  I approve.

Edited by Ravens2006

I have always appreciated him. JJ is a good journeyman, and you need some guys like that. No team is going to be all superstars. But if he's your regular starter, you need a bunch of production elsewhere to make up for his. I really think it is time for him to go.

1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

I'm torn... if I weren't worried about the whole "Buck's veteran guys" angle... if JJ took the Flaherty role, and Flaherty took the next bus out... well...

If Flaherty took Caleb Joseph with him... I'd be all in!  Hey, actually wasn't Hardy the emergency catcher at some point?  Heck, yeah... re-sign J.J. and jettison Flaherty and Joseph.  I approve.

Flaherty is the emergency back up catcher

transition JJ to the coaching staff- have him work with Beckham on fielding.

2 hours ago, Fumes said:

transition JJ to the coaching staff- have him work with Beckham on fielding.

I had this thought too. But I'm pretty sure JJ will prefer playing (where ever that is, and in what ever role it is) to coaching. He has his future to coach. At best, he only has a couple more years of baseball in him. 

JJ, UJ, Miley, Hellickson, Tillman and any other of Buck and Duquette's guys may well be brought back at inflated, overpaid contracts. 

Buck and Duquette love these kinds of stiffs that no other team is interested in. It's a strange obsession they have with guys nobody else wants but guys they're familiar with and who have track records with the team so why not keep them around. Very strange. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

1 hour ago, BayAreaBmore said:

JJ, UJ, Miley, Hellickson, Tillman and any other of Buck and Duquette's guys may well be brought back at inflated, overpaid contracts. 

Buck and Duquette love these kinds of stiffs that no other team is interested in. It's a strange obsession they have with guys nobody else wants but guys they're familiar with and who have track records with the team so why not keep them around. Very strange. 

And very frustrating/infuriating.

And to boot....when they keep those guys listed....they will have inflated contracts because the O's will insist that other teams were coming after their guys....but in the end they are only bidding against themselves.....seen that happen before.....many times