Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbmad

Loyola AD last year

17 posts in this topic

It was announced today that Loyola AD Mike Kenney is retiring at the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, jbmad said:

About 10 yrs too late

The powers that be fiddled while Rome burned. Almost Neroesque in its insanity. 

11 hours ago, jbmad said:

It was announced today that Loyola AD Mike Kenney is retiring at the end of the year. 

If they don't bring in new blood from the outside, look for more of the same results. This School is in major need of a leadership enema.

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

I will bet that the new AD will be Brant Hall. 

Seems like that's definitely what they've been gearing him up for. I think he'd be a good choice and do as good a job as anyone could in that situation. Not sure Loyola would ever drop to the B Conference though. Do they have any B Conference sports? 

Ice Hockey is the only other B conference sport that I know of.

Could the A conference continue to exist in Football with no Loyola? What would that give them 5 teams with the St Francis Juco team? at that point it would just be better to combine the A+B into two conferences. 

2 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Ice Hockey is the only other B conference sport that I know of.

Could the A conference continue to exist in Football with no Loyola? What would that give them 5 teams with the St Francis Juco team? at that point it would just be better to combine the A+B into two conferences. 

At that point I think you'd have to push hard for a WCAC-MIAA merger (although the WCAC is soldiering on with only five teams in their A division starting in 2018). I think you'd also have to look hard at splitting the B Conference because there's no reason to have 5 in the A Conference, 9 in the B Conference and 5 in the C Conference. You'd have:

MIAA A + WCAC Capital

Baltimore Division:

- McDonogh

- Gilman

- Mount Saint Joseph

- Archbishop Spalding

- Saint Frances

D.C. Division:

- DeMatha

- Good Counsel

- Bishop McNamara

- Saint John's (DC)

- Gonzaga (DC)

MIAA B + WCAC Metro

Baltimore Division:

- Loyola

- Archbishop Curley

- Boys' Latin

- John Carroll

- Saint Mary's

- Saint Paul's

- Severn

D.C. Division:

- Saint Vincent Pallotti

- Saint Mary's Ryken

- Riverdale Baptist

- Archbishop Carroll (DC)

- Bishop Ireton (VA)

- Bishop O'Connell (VA)

- Paul VI (VA)

MIAA C (would like to find 3 more teams for this league)

- Annapolis Area Christian

- Concordia Prep

- Friends

- Mount Carmel

- Saint John's Catholic Prep

The MIAA merging with any other league is a pipe dream, there are too many cultural, and philosophical differences between the two. The travel is too big a problem, as well as the fact that there really is not much reason to do a 1 sport merger. This merger would only make the arms race for targeted tuition dollars worse and lead to more divisions in the leagues.

This is really something that appeals only to a few fans. It would make the most sense for the two top teams in each league to schedule games with each other every year. If the individual schools want this to happen they can make it happen. 

The WCAC is in more trouble than the MIAA "A" Division if you ask me. 

Starting in 2018, the WCAC will have an "A" division for the programs that put a bigger emphasis on football and a "B" division for the lower tier programs.

The "A" division will only have 5 teams. 

1. DeMatha.

2. Gonzaga

3. SJC

4. Good Counsel

5. Bishop McNamara 

I speculate the Bishop McNamara will want to move down to the "B" division with in 2 years as they don't have the financial resources to compete with the BIG 4 year in and year out.  If Bishop Mac were to move down to the "B" divison, the WCAC would be left with only a 4 team conference which would be a complete joke.

While Aaraon Brady will do great things down at Ryken, if you look at his history, I would be shocked if he stayed down in Southern Maryland for more than 3 seasons. Ryken will remain in the "B" division while Brady is there. 

5 minutes ago, Terps22 said:

The WCAC is in more trouble than the MIAA "A" Division if you ask me. 

Starting in 2018, the WCAC will have an "A" division for the programs that put a bigger emphasis on football and a "B" division for the lower tier programs.

The "A" division will only have 5 teams. 

1. DeMatha.

2. Gonzaga

3. SJC

4. Good Counsel

5. Bishop McNamara 

I speculate the Bishop McNamara will want to move down to the "B" division with in 2 years as they don't have the financial resources to compete with the BIG 4 year in and year out.  If Bishop Mac were to move down to the "B" divison, the WCAC would be left with only a 4 team conference which would be a complete joke.

While Aaraon Brady will do great things down at Ryken, if you look at his history, I would be shocked if he stayed down in Southern Maryland for more than 3 seasons. Ryken will remain in the "B" division while Brady is there. 

With Gilman job open, don’t be surprised if he’s only a Ryken this year. I’m told he’s very interested in the job, and Gilman would be foolish not to hire him. Someone  close to Gilman told me that they might not like his baggage, to hell with that! The guy can flat out coach, and recruit. 

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

With Gilman job open, don’t be surprised if he’s only a Ryken this year. I’m told he’s very interested in the job, and Gilman would be foolish not to hire him. Someone  close to Gilman told me that they might not like his baggage, to hell with that! The guy can flat out coach, and recruit. 

So can Pitino

17 hours ago, jbmad said:

So can Pitino

😂😂😂