Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Wade Miley: 10-19, 5.69 era in 42 starts

27 posts in this topic

5.2 walks per nine innings.

$12 million option for 2018.

Asta la vista!

But he had a good stretch here and there. They love his potential.

Option picked up. Guaranteed.

It's the Big Dan way!

Miley article 

This article shreds him. WM is the worst (or near the worst) in every stat. Every stat, that's hard to do. It seems like a pitcher would have to try to accomplish the feat of being the worst in every stat. And although the writer doesn't directly say it, I was left with an impression that supports supports Rob's opinion that the O's will pick up his option.  

If they pick up that scrubs option for $12 million I personally won't watch a single game next season. 

1 hour ago, BayAreaBmore said:

If they pick up that scrubs option for $12 million I personally won't watch a single game next season. 

I probably won't either. If they just reunite the current team, by extending those who should be let go, there's no reason to watch. We'll essentially be reliving 2017. I already know how that movie ended

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

He will be back

Well, that way, you can get a Wade Miley bobble head doll to add to your collection. Awesome.

(BOAB PLAYS WITH DOLLS!!!)

;)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well, that way, you can get a Wade Miley bobble head doll to add to your collection. Awesome.

(BOAB PLAYS WITH DOLLS!!!)

;)

Lol yes I’ll get you one 

4 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

He will be back

...and do exactly what he did this year.  

Duquette's eye for pitching is amazing... 

Meanwhile, Miguel Gonzalez closed the season posting 11 QS in his last 14 starts. ;)

Edited by Ravens2006

20 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol yes I’ll get you one 

Well, thanks. And that's generous of you. But personally, I'm holding out for the double bobble farewell DD and BS. No true baseball fan should be without it!!!

;)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

Duquette's eye for pitching is amazing... 

Meanwhile, Miguel Gonzalez closed the season posting 11 QS in his last 14 starts. ;)

Doesnt surprise 99 percent of the people here...

Another great start by Wade. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

4 IP, 4 ER, 10 baserunners... only 90 pitches thrown... could have been worse!  Nice outing to build off of going in to 2018...

9 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

4 IP, 4 ER, 10 baserunners... only 90 pitches thrown... could have been worse!  Nice outing to build off of going in to 2018...

It's at the point now where Buck doesn't even say anything when he comes out to the mound. Miley just hangs his head and leaves.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:21 AM, BayAreaBmore said:

I'm in that same boat if we don't sign or trade for  two decent starting pitchers this off season. The rotation has been horrible for at least 4 years and he's done nothing about it that made sense. I'm done giving chances in that area. Notice I said DECENT, not STARS. 

44 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Twelve million works out to how much per walk? 

Ol Wade sure does love him some walks, don't he?

;)

;)

Last night's start must have been especially torturous to watch....90 pitches in 4 innings.  Here's Showalter in the dugout before heading out to the mound to remove Miley.  It's not often you get to hear the manager making the call to the bullpen.

https://youtu.be/0P6di02yvso?t=47

5 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Last night's start must have been especially torturous to watch....90 pitches in 4 innings.  Here's Showalter in the dugout before heading out to the mound to remove Miley.  It's not often you get to hear the manager making the call to the bullpen.

https://youtu.be/0P6di02yvso?t=47

They love Jerry in France. Maybe they'd love Miley in France. (Do they have baseball in France?)

They love Jerry in France. Maybe they'd love Miley in France. (Do they have baseball in France?)

It wouldn't matter.  No one can survive the visual waterboarder himself.  People who went to games with him pitching are probably still babbling to themselves. 

38 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

It wouldn't matter.  No one can survive the visual waterboarder himself.  People who went to games with him pitching are probably still babbling to themselves. 

You mean Boab?

;)

(If so...I'm not sure you can blame that on Miley. Just sayin...)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

You mean Boab?

;)

(If so...I'm not sure you can blame that on Miley. Just sayin...)

You lost me with "Boab."  I must have missed that thread. 

;)

Some charity like Susan G. Komen should hook up with Miley for a "Walk for the Cure," or some such thing. 

41 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Some charity like Susan G. Komen should hook up with Miley for a "Walk for the Cure," or some such thing. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

That's almost as good as the guy who posted that O's games are like the Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading equivalent in baseball terms. Watch 2 innings and you already know the outcome. Tune in in the 9th and you get the hang of the whole game. "Walk for the Cure". Perfect!!