Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

AFC North 9/30/17

18 posts in this topic

Steelers. Bengals (Green will save the day for the Bengals).

should I follow my heart or my head...

Ravens get a couple of TOs, move the ball on the ground somewhat like the Bears.......and somehow manage to edge the Steelers 19-17. 

I cannot, in good conscience, pick the Browns two weeks in a row.  Bungles 20-16

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore - Flip a coin.  Each team has some edges.  If the game was played on paper I go with the Steelers.  They are an overall better team, on paper.  But they really haven't played like it so far.  Pittsburgh has not played as well on the road the last few years, and even worse at M&T bank stadium. Not having Yanda and Williams really hurts the Ravens.  But I expect the defense to rebound and play a decent game.  I can't say the same about the offense.  The Ravens are dead last at #32 in offense.  And it isn't close.  Their pass offense is averaging 121 yds per game.   Houston averages 45 more yards per game, the Jets are averaging 63 more yards per game.  And I don't think it is a fluke.  I said at the beginning of training camp that the organization totally ignored the offense over the off season.  The O-line at full strenth was average at best, with the losses during camp and now the loss of Yanda it is flat out horrible.  Both teams consider this a must game, but it's probably a little more important to Baltimore since a loss would send them to Pittsburgh later in the year trying to avoid the tiebreaker sweep.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a Raven's win, but I can't pick a team with an offense that is so bad.   Pittsburgh 16  Baltimore 13

Cincinnati @ Cleveland - Two 0-3 teams.  Cincinnati actually played better last week and probably should have beaten Green Bay in Green Bay.  You can't go 0-4 with Cleveland on the schedule and expect to have any shot at the playoffs.  The Bengals should have enough to get their must have win.  If not, that whole locker room in Cincinnati is liable to explode and take Marvin Lewis out when it does.    Cincinnati 27  Cleveland 20

I'm still a little shell shocked by the Ravens performance last week.  Just a thorough, hide the children beat down.  And against the Jags?  Wow...no words.  So, with all of that still fresh on my mind, how can I expect them to beat Pittsburgh?  I'm not saying it's impossible but realistically, this could get ugly very quickly.  The only chance they have in my opinion is for Collins to have a breakout game, carry the ball 20+ times and keep the Steeler offense on the sideline.  A couple of timely turnovers would help too.                    PITTSBURGH 24; BALTIMORE 10

The Browns are not going to go 0-16 so I'm trying to decide which game will get them their first win.  What the hey....I say it will be today.  

CLEVELAND 21; CINCINNATI 20

7 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

I'm still a little shell shocked by the Ravens performance last week.  Just a thorough, hide the children beat down.  And against the Jags?  Wow...no words.  So, with all of that still fresh on my mind, how can I expect them to beat Pittsburgh?  I'm not saying it's impossible but realistically, this could get ugly very quickly.  The only chance they have in my opinion is for Collins to have a breakout game, carry the ball 20+ times and keep the Steeler offense on the sideline.  A couple of timely turnovers would help too.                    PITTSBURGH 24; BALTIMORE 10

The Browns are not going to go 0-16 so I'm trying to decide which game will get them their first win.  What the hey....I say it will be today.  

CLEVELAND 21; CINCINNATI 20

OK. So let me see if I have this straight. You think the Ravens should run the ball more, right?

;)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

OK. So let me see if I have this straight. You think the Ravens should run the ball more, right?

;)

In an ever changing world, the one constant is my love for the running game.  ;)

1 hour ago, jamesdean said:

In an ever changing world, the one constant is my love for the running game.  ;)

OK. I just wanted to be sure.

:D

hola!  God save the Ravens and the Queen (forgot to pray this last week :P).

steelers @ ravens - ravens win. either 36-33 or 6-3. :D

bengals @ browns - what a big one this is!! cincy 27, cleveland 13. 

6 minutes ago, RavensGrrl said:

hola!  God save the Ravens and the Queen (forgot to pray this last week :P).

steelers @ ravens - ravens win. either 36-33 or 6-3. :D

bengals @ browns - what a big one this is!! cincy 27, cleveland 13. 

Could ya maybe say a prayer or two for your buddy Madd Maxx? He always shows so much potential then gets hurt. Thanks in advance.

;)

Mr. Dean.....I gotta hook up with you again so that you can talk some sense into me, so that I follow my head.

Wow, this is ugly

2 hours ago, ChippewaJoe said:

Mr. Dean.....I gotta hook up with you again so that you can talk some sense into me, so that I follow my head.

Wow, this is ugly

Nothing can compare our ***** sessions, Joe.  We'll have a lot to talk about. :lol:

On 9/29/2017 at 5:55 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

Steelers. Bengals (Green will save the day for the Bengals).

Boom.

3 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Good job!

Sure. The one week I DIDN'T bet.

;)

And hey...HOW BOUT DEM 'BOYS!!!!

Sure. The one week I DIDN'T bet.

;)

And hey...HOW BOUT DEM 'BOYS!!!!

How about those Jets?!!! (LOL)  I guess the Jags aren't some steamrolling juggernaut after all. 

12 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

How about those Jets?!!! (LOL)  I guess the Jags aren't some steamrolling juggernaut after all. 

I don't care about the Jets. I care about the Cowboys because Bleedingorangeandblack roots for the Cowboys.
(Where are ya now, BIG D? Eh? Hiding in the corner, sucking down Angry Orchards by the dozen?!!)

I don't care about the Jets. I care about the Cowboys because Bleedingorangeandblack roots for the Cowboys.
(Where are ya now, BIG D? Eh? Hiding in the corner, sucking down Angry Orchards by the dozen?!!)

Who knows...maybe the Rams mean business. 

18 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Who knows...maybe the Rams mean business. 

Well, if they are, then they better run the ball well. That's all I have to say about that.

;)