Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

It Is Time To Talk Trump Impeachment

76 posts in this topic

It Is Time To Talk Impeachment

1. to accuse (a public official) before an appropriate tribunal of misconduct in office.

Pathological lying is a form of “misconduct in office” making it an impeachable offence

Dump is a pathological liar and that is NOT what we want as our President.
We, the citizens of this great Nation must act NOW
What say you, fellow Americans-?

Pathological lying (also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] Individuals may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth

Psychotherapy appears to be one of the only methods to treat a person suffering from pathological lying. No research has been performed regarding the use of pharmaceutical medication to treat pathological liars

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body formally levels charges against a high official of government. Impeachment does not necessarily mean removal from office; it is only a formal statement of charges, akin to an indictment in criminal law, and is thus only the first step towards removal. Once an individual is impeached, he or she must then face the possibility of conviction via legislative vote, which then entails the removal of the individual from office.

Presidential Impeachment Process

Presidential Impeachment is a two stage Constitutional process. The full power of Impeachment and the removal of a sitting President resides within Congress. The actual impeachment of a President is the sole power of the House of Representatives. Once a President is impeached, the power of removing the President shifts to the U.S. Senate.

The House of Representatives starts the impeachment process by publicly investigating the charges and holding hearings. If the House of Representatives votes against impeachment the process is over and the President is not Impeached.

If the House of Representatives votes for Impeachment of the President, the process moves forward with the drawing up of the Articles of Impeachment (The official criminal charges for removal from office). The President has now been officially impeached per the United States Constitution. Once the Impeachment process is final, trials are then held in the U.S. Senate to convict or acquit the President of the Articles of Impeachment drawn against him.

It Is Time To Talk Impeachment

Trump could also be charged with obstruction of justice

b.t.w. 30 days in jail would bring him back down to earth as well

Do you agree--?

Edited by tooldtocare
format

I just heard that there are going to be rallies in six (6) major cities in the next few weeks calling for Trump’s impeachment. It is expected that this will mushroom out to other major cities forcing Congress to take action.

If a rally forms in my town I will attend with banners saying:

[DUMP DA TRUMP NOW!!!]

30 minutes ago, bmorepunk said:

Somebody has gone full Saticon.

Wasn't Trump complaining of lack of balance on late night TV?  So he can have balance right here in the forum.  

The Constitution spells out the requirements in detail.  Start with the first requirement of a conviction for treason, bribery, or "high crimes and misdemeanors."

Until then, just accept facts: your party ran the worst candidate of all time who lost to the 2nd worst candidate of all time.

I'll accept as fact that the FBI has yet to complete it's investigation, and that where there's smoke, there's often fire.

51 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

There are no grounds for impeachment. 

You keep believing that. :lol:

BTW.....are you still interested in that bridge I mentioned a few months back. :lol:

18 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

I'll accept as fact that the FBI has yet to complete it's investigation, and that where there's smoke, there's often fire.

You forgot the JD...Congress :rolleyes:..and and and.

Smoke.....Ha.....way past that....just waiting for the fat lady to sing.....like you.

19 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

You keep believing that. :lol:

BTW.....are you still interested in that bridge I mentioned a few months back. :lol:

Here I go again breaking my "ignore Guido nonsense" rule. What are you impeaching him on that meets constitutional requirements?

43 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Here I go again breaking my "ignore Guido nonsense" rule. What are you impeaching him on that meets constitutional requirements?

They have been stated by myself and many others many times on these forums. I am not going to repeat it.

If you need reasons......enjoy your evenings reading assignment.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=reasons+for+impeachment+trump&oq=Reasons+for+imp&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.0l10.3806.7564.0.11751.15.15.0.0.0.0.304.1836.0j7j2j1.10.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..5.10.1830...0i131k1.0.l1wFYHj-tNo

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

They have been stated by myself and many others many times on these forums. I am not going to repeat it.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=reasons+for+impeachment+trump&oq=Reasons+for+imp&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.0l10.3806.7564.0.11751.15.15.0.0.0.0.304.1836.0j7j2j1.10.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..5.10.1830...0i131k1.0.l1wFYHj-tNo

No I'm talking right now, because that's all useless future speculation. I knew it would be the usual typical "Guido nonsense." When will I learn? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No I'm talking right now, because that's all useless future speculation. I knew it would be the usual typical "Guido nonsense." When will I learn? :rolleyes:

Ken......you are absolutely correct it is useless speculation...till such time that he Congress develops a set and 'does it'.

You me anyone else...... sitting here in our recliners can only speculate. Either way.

44 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Your first link was from Newsweek, and provided no legal path to impeachment, other than sub links to tweets and videos by Maxine Waters and  Al Green. There was no point in reading any further. 

I think he's doing a great job of destroying his presidency. He's already the first one term president we've had in decades, maybe, and I'd be delighted to see it happen, he'll be removed or so ostracized by the real Republicans, that he resigns.

I never thought that about ANY American president. But then, he's  president in title only not in character and more and more people are going to tire of Donald J. Trump's vision of America. This experiment is failed. 

9 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

I think he's doing a great job of destroying his presidency. He's already the first one term president we've had in decades, maybe, and I'd be delighted to see it happen, he'll be removed or so ostracized by the real Republicans, that he resigns.

I never thought that about ANY American president. But then, he's  president in title only not in character and more and more people are going to tire of Donald J. Trump's vision of America. This experiment is failed. 

I doubt that Trump will resign....look at his track record (private and public). If he resigns he will be admitting that he screwed up. And simply stated that is not in his DNA. The Donald is the Fonz on steroids ' I am wro....I am wrowro....I am wrrrrooonn...........' :lol:

As long as there someone to hide behind or throw under the bus he will stay in office till hauled out in cuffs.

Nixon is Princess Buttercup next to Trump.

Edited by Guido2

32 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Your first link was from Newsweek, and provided no legal path to impeachment, other than sub links to tweets and videos by Maxine Waters and  Al Green. There was no point in reading any further. 

As I said

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

There's no basis for impeachment and won't likely be any when when Mueller is done. Dems need to worry more about turning out voters than the pipe dream of impeachment. 

Edited by bmore_ken

48 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

As I said

There's no basis for impeachment and won't likely be any when when Mueller is done. Dems need to worry more about turning out voters than the pipe dream of impeachment. 

As I said .... we will not know till the fat lady sings....either way.

BTW....just planning ahead ....do you like your crow baked or deep fried. :lol:

Ohhhhh and with a 38% approval rating.....Trump is doing a fine job drumming up votes for the dems.

Edited by Guido2

50 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

As I said

We won't know that until the investigation is complete. I personally believe there could be a case for instruction of justice. After all, firing an investigator is what brought Nixon down. 

6 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

We won't know that until the investigation is complete. I personally believe there could be a case for instruction of justice. After all, firing an investigator is what brought Nixon down. 

I should have clarified, Strictly my opinion. I think he'll find some wrong doing with some of Trump's people, but I would bet my house no impeachable offenses come out of it. He didn't fire an investigator, he fired the head of the FBI which is within his presidential powers. The thread title however says it's time(insinuating now) to talk impeachment which is bogus. As of right now there have been no impeachable offenses committed. Unless of course you have some inside info. 

Edited by bmore_ken

Just now, bmore_ken said:

I should have clarified, Strictly my opinion. I think he'll find some wrong doing with some of Trump's people, but I would bet my house no impeachable offenses come out of it. He didn't fire an investigator, he fired the head of the FBI which is within his presidential powers. 

OK. That's fair. But, Comey was investigating activity that could have implicated Donny and/or his cohorts in illegal activity. Donny fired Comey. This is not a secret. 

2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

OK. That's fair. But, Comey was investigating activity that could have implicated Donny and/or his cohorts in illegal activity. Donny fired Comey. This is not a secret. 

It's not a secret, but that's irrelevant. Trump did something that was legally in his presidential powers. He can't be impeached for that. 

Just now, bmore_ken said:

It's not a secret, but that's irrelevant. Trump did something that was legally in his presidential powers. He can't be impeached for that. 

You could make the same argument with Nixon. How did that turn out?

2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

You could make the same argument with Nixon. How did that turn out?

Nixon wasn't impeached for firing an investigator, so again irrelevant.