Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

The Unofficial Calvert Hall vs Gilman Thread and Offical GA Rant Thread

159 posts in this topic

All it took for me to think CHC would beat Gilman this season was to see Calvert Hall beat Silver Oak. Yes, Silver Oak.  CHC’s defense showed me that with growth, coaching and a natural progression, the Gilman Greyhounds would lose again to my Cardinals for the second season in a row.

Nothing has dissuaded me from that belief.  Not the close loss at  Wise or the blowout at the hands of the SFA Panthers.  If anything, watching Gilman lose on Blue Blood TV to Gonzaga, G-Town Prep and MSJ just cements my belief.  

I can’t guarantee a victory against Gilman.  The kids have to go out and execute but as I told GA during the SFA game, MSJ wouldn’t beat CHC and neither would Gilman.  

GA, the floor is open for your Trumpian delusions, misstatements and outright lies.  Lol!

You’re going to be in for a rude awakening. Gilman gave CHC the blueprint to beat MSJ. You can ask JBMAD, I texted him from the beginning of the game and said that MSJ wasn’t that good, and Gilman was definitely the better team.

Gilman really rattled the ninth grade QB in the second half, he was no good after that. Where Gilman’s defense failed, and has failed, they don’t blitz. CHC watched the Gilman tape, and saw that any pressure on the young QB and he makes mistakes. He also gets down on himself very quickly. The CHC game last night was over after the first three series. And the backup was horrible. Also, MSJ’s best player, Wax was hurt. 

Wasnt impressed with CHC at all. Only thing that will hurt Gilman, is if their best LB isn’t back for this game. Because Madison is going to have a field day. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

13 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I can’t guarantee a victory against Gilman.

The DayWalker will.....  And I have a telephone number from Shonuff to NOT call off the dawgs but rather call for rescue help for the grey dawgs.....  PETA PETA PETA!!!

21 minutes ago, CHCCAPTAIN87 said:

I can already hear the excuses now why Gilman lost the game!

Well, surprise we already have one, their best LB isn't back for this game. Can we keep a list. Maybe their playing Opossum, but what I want to know is if he's not impressed with a team that just won 35-0 over a team that beat the big G one week before, what about Big G is supposed to impress us. Getting rocked by Gonzaga?, losing to a Prep team that is not anywhere as good as last years team, losing to Good Counsel who lost to MSJ who lost to guess who, but beat guess who. You get the point.

1. Injuries

2. Coaching? Coming soon?

3. Bad Officiating?

4. The Eclipse

5. Karma (Actually this one might be real.).

Sometimes you just get beat, that is unless your the Big G.

:D  Damn GA, your rep is off-the-chain!!

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You’re going to be in for a rude awakening. Gilman gave CHC the blueprint to beat MSJ. You can ask JBMAD, I texted him from the beginning of the game and said that MSJ wasn’t that good, and Gilman was definitely the better team.

Gilman really rattled the ninth grade QB in the second half, he was no good after that. Where Gilman’s defense failed, and has failed, they don’t blitz. CHC watched the Gilman tape, and saw that any pressure on the young QB and he makes mistakes. He also gets down on himself very quickly. The CHC game last night was over after the first three series. And the backup was horrible. Also, MSJ’s best player, Wax was hurt. 

Wasnt impressed with CHC at all. Only thing that will hurt Gilman, is if their best LB isn’t back for this game. Because Madison is going to have a field day. 

GA.....did you actually witness this stuff...or is this an idea of yours for a comic book episode....just wondering man...

Edited by AgentOrange

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

It’s easy to text JBMad when CHC is up 21-0 in 1st quarter.  The previous week at the visiting side’s 40 yd line during the SFA/CHC game you inferred that CHC couldn’t possibly beat a MSJ team that pulled out a close win against your inflated but 1-4 Greyhounds.

💥 Then CHC scores 5 TDs, forces multiple TOs, has a pick six and shuts out a league rival.  Now you again make an excuse that a much-needed LB might not play but predict Madison will have a field day.

I think CHC’s defense will step up to the challenge and beat Gilman but we’ll have to wait & see.

Edited by TheGuru

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

It’s easy to text JBMad when CHC is up 21-0 in 1st quarter.  The previous week at the visiting side’s 40 yd line during the SFA/CHC game you inferred that CHC couldn’t possibly beat a MSJ team that pulled out a close win against your inflated but 1-4 Greyhounds.

💥 Then CHC scores 5 TDs, forces multiple TOs, has a pick six and shuts out a league rival.  Now you again make an excuse that a much-needed LB might not play but predict Madison will have a field day.

I think CHC’s defense will step up to the challenge and beat Gilman but we’ll have to wait & see.

CHC’s defense has been impressive, but that offense isn’t impressive AT ALL! Easy to stop. Doesn’t scare me in the least. Gilman’s defense will do enough to keep it close and the best RB in the league(by a mile), will do his thing. Gilman 17-10. 

CHC has offensive weapons.  They have #6, #12, #24 & #34 in the backfield.  Add #1, #11 and #10 who has taken to WR like a pig to slop and CHC has players to go get the ball down the field.  Gilman is not a top tier league team so CHC’s QB shouldn’t be overly  troubled by Booker & Spanky, especially with a tough, experienced and improved OL.  After all, football is a team game.

Just now, TheGuru said:

CHC has offensive weapons.  They have #6, #12, #24 & #34 in the backfield.  Add #1, #11 and #10 who has taken to WR like a pig to slop and CHC has players to go get the ball down the field.  Gilman is not a top tier league team so CHC’s QB shouldn’t be overly  troubled by Booker & Spanky, especially with a tough, experienced and improved OL.  After all, football is a team game.

Not impressed by any of them but #24. Gilman needs to blitz, they haven’t all year long. It’s stupid, because they’re talented on defense. I’m blitzing Spanky all day if I’m them.

Now I will say this, if they platoon QB’s, like they did against MSJ, it’s over. CHC wins. You can’t do that sort of stuff, pick a kid and stay with them. Hill shouldn’t be in there at all to be honest, but this Gilman team is like the old ones, the will play seniors over more talented lower class students. 

This MSJ game is fools gold for you. MSJ didn’t have their best player, and turned the ball over 7 times. Your offense really didn’t have to do much of anything. 

Explain to me again why we are talking Xs and Os about a 1 and 4 team....that's for advanced teams.

14 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

This MSJ game is fools gold for you. MSJ didn’t have their best player, and turned the ball over 7 times. Your offense really didn’t have to do much of anything. 

You believe that if you want.  You must not have watched the entire game.

3 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

You believe that if you want.  You must not have watched the entire game.

I watched the whole game. I mean, the game was over after the first quarter. MSJ beat Good Counsel, who beat Spalding and Bishop Sullivan. But I’m sure, you think CHC is better than GC, with better athletes right? 

Any team can beat any team, if they turn the ball over their first two plays for TD’s, three of their first four. This was a story of a team that was missing their best player, and only running threat and having a ninth grade kid at QB, who wasn’t ready for the bright lights. 

38 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I watched the whole game. I mean, the game was over after the first quarter. MSJ beat Good Counsel, who beat Spalding and Bishop Sullivan. But I’m sure, you think CHC is better than GC, with better athletes right? 

Any team can beat any team, if they turn the ball over their first two plays for TD’s, three of their first four. This was a story of a team that was missing their best player, and only running threat and having a ninth grade kid at QB, who wasn’t ready for the bright lights. 

You do realize that CHC had four offensive drives where they scored, twice through the air and twice on the ground?

Edited by TheGuru

5 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

You do realize that CHC had four offensive drives where they scored, twice through the air and twice on the ground?

Yes, and only one of them was a long drive not benefited from a turnover. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yes, and only one of them was a long drive not benefited from a turnover. 

Turnovers ARE a part of the game.  I didn’t chart the game so for all I know you could be making crap up.  Let me ask, how many long drives has Gilman had this season?...I take that back. It doesn’t matter. Your Greyhounds are 1-4.  Soon to be 1-5.

Edited by TheGuru

28 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Turnovers ARE a part of the game.  I didn’t chart the game so for all I know you could be making crap up.  Let me ask, how many long drives has Gilman had this season?...I take that back. It doesn’t matter. Your Greyhounds are 1-4.  Soon to be 1-5.

Damn they got the same record as Loyola.  Lol

51 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Gilman has had many long drives, many! They just have turned it over in the red zone. Gilman is getting better every game,  nothing CHC has will rattle them. Nothing. 

Read the paper, they tell you all the turnovers MSJ had. If you saw the game, you should know. You must have been sipping on something. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

17 hours ago, CHCCAPTAIN87 said:

I can already hear the excuses now why Gilman lost the game!

Me too, they guy has been walking around with a bag of them for his entire life. Sad. Actually, he's already supplied his first excuse for CHC, above.

16 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Yea, he picked MSJ.

11 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman has had many long drives, many! They just have turned it over in the red zone. Gilman is getting better every game,  nothing CHC has will rattle them. Nothing. 

Read the paper, they tell you all the turnovers MSJ had. If you saw the game, you should know. You must have been sipping on something. 

I watched the entire game.  I know that four offensive scores were had by the team in Cardinal & Gold..  Turnovers are a part of the game and the team in purple and white had many.  As for Gilman getting better every game, a win against a suspect Episcopal team means nothing. Gilman is still 1-4 with bad losses in games you say they had a chance to win.