Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

The Unofficial Calvert Hall vs Gilman Thread and Offical GA Rant Thread

159 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

...I am persona non grata as far as CHC’s football program is concerned......

Damn!!!!!  :o

What you do this time?

14 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Can’t confirm Gooch.  I am persona non grata as far as CHC’s football program is concerned.  Spoke with his Dad after the SFA game and he said his son would be ready in early October.  Hope so.

Ok 

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Damn!!!!!  :o

What you do this time?

The same ol’ same ol”.  Been aware of CHC politics since 1983 and commenting about it on this forum since 2007.  That makes you an “enemy of the state” when you call out the hypocrisy of so-called educators and coaches waging “war” on kids based on what family, neighborhood, rec program or how much $ a kid came from.

Edited by TheGuru

3 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Ok 

I have heard that he is not playing on Friday. 

2 hours ago, TheGuru said:

The same ol’ same ol”.  Been aware of CHC politics since 1983 and commenting about it on this forum since 2007.  That makes you an “enemy of the state” when you call out the hypocrisy of so-called educators and coaches waging “war” on kids based on what family, neighborhood, rec program or how much $ a kid came from.

Darn, but you still sure look good this season so far.  Gilman gonna get waxed.....  :unsure:

53 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Darn, but you still sure look good this season so far.  Gilman gonna get waxed.....  :unsure:

Hope so. GA will lose his mind if Gilman beats my boys.  I’m happy with a winning season especially with two big $ programs in the league, SFA & McDonogh.

Doesn't CHC have as many blue chip players and considerably more depth than MCD? GIven their tuition, it doesn't cost as much to bring an individual recruit on board. 

Just now, TheGuru said:

GA will lose his mind if Gilman beats my boys.

Too late that ship has already sailed.  GA has already lost his mind over Gilman regardless who they play.  But GA's @zz is still around to kick and CHC will do it very soon....

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Too late that ship has already sailed.  GA has already lost his mind over Gilman regardless who they play.  But GA's @zz is still around to kick and CHC will do it very soon....

GA is way way too biased. I even understand the situation Gilman is in and how slim their chance is against CHC. Never know though, don’t count out the dogs. 

8 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

GA is way way too biased. I even understand the situation Gilman is in and how slim their chance is against CHC. Never know though, don’t count out the dogs

...and don't count a slapped dogs in.....  A rolled up newspaper can be so frightening to some strays.

So is this of those 4:00PM Gilman specials? Nothing screams FOOTBALL like a late afternoon lunch in Roland Park.

9 minutes ago, 21234Volunteer said:

So is this of those 4:00PM Gilman specials? Nothing screams FOOTBALL like a late afternoon lunch in Roland Park.

Gilman can't play games at night. Their neighbors complain about the lights.

18 hours ago, mop said:

Doesn't CHC have as many blue chip players and considerably more depth than MCD? GIven their tuition, it doesn't cost as much to bring an individual recruit on board. 

Don’t know what the football Cardinal & Gold Football Foundation is doing these days.  Haven’t gone to a meeting in 4 years.  Back then they were willing to supplement certain players with need after the school applied need based aid. 

I know that with the 100th Anniversary game coming up there has been a push to get more Football alumni to donate to insure a win in the centennial Turkey Bowl.

1 hour ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Gilman can't play games at night. Their neighbors complain about the lights.

I know but that doesn't make it less lame.

From EI’s Week 5 Scores Thread:

I was being sarcastic about the CHC QB.  85Knight, George VI and Old Gator think he’s “elite”,  

I’ve never seen Booker have a good game like a Melvin Kiehn.  Spanky hasn’t stood out on Greyhound TV either.  Madison is very good at RB but he ain’t a HS shutdown corner from what I’ve seen.  Chance Campbell is a very good all-around football player. Period. We’ll see who is more valuable to their team on Friday.

21 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I was being sarcastic about the CHC QB.  85Knight, George VI and Old Gator think he’s “elite”,  

I’ve never seen Booker have a good game like a Melvin Kiehn.  Spanky hasn’t stood out on Greyhound TV either.  Madison is very good at RB but he ain’t a HS shutdown corner from what I’ve seen.  Chance Campbell is a very good all-around football player. Period. We’ll see who is more valuable to their team on Friday.

Booker hasn’t had a great season, there’s no question about it. But I think a lot of it has to do with teams scheming away from him. Personally, I think they need to move him to DT, where it will be harder to scheme away from him. 

You might want to watch Spanky closer, he’s been great. And I don’t recall Madison even having a catch longer than 5 yards caugh against him this year. He doesn’t play the whole game there. Khari Jones plays most of the time opposite Willis. Jones is much improved this year, has had a good year. Had a bad game against Gonzaga, but solid besides that. Also loves contact. Obviously he’s not his brother, but solid FCS kid. 

Campbell was outstanding against MSJ, but didn’t stand out against a weak Riverdale team. Gilman needs the bring the house against the QB, make him beat them. All four DB’s are playmakers, they can all take it to the house. 

And G still to be 1 - 5 after this weekend.  Why we discussing such a doormat team...

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiid he’s nowhere near elite his feet are terrible but he still a better QB than the second kid they chose to replace your boy from last year 

58 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

...You might want to watch Spanky closer, he’s been great. And I don’t recall Madison even having a catch longer than 5 yards caugh against him this year...

They are on the same team, what are you saying here?

7 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

They are on the same team, what are you saying here?

Was responding to Guru saying that he hasn’t been impressed with Spanky. 

CHC 27 Gilman 21

the only reason why I don't think CHC will win by more is bc it is the only Gilman home game on a Friday, should be a big turnout  

So since Gilman average about 10-points per game, you are expecting a breakout offense performance by the dawgs this weekend and you are expecting The G to hold CHC to about it's offensive average.  Cool....  :)

But GA will still take another L, double cool....  :)   :)

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

So since Gilman average about 10-points per game, you are expecting a breakout offense performance by the dawgs this weekend and you are expecting The G to hold CHC to about it's offensive average.  Cool....  :)

But GA will still take another L, double cool....  :)   :)

Never know. 

Parents after games!!!! Just JOKES BUT THIS IS FUNNY!!!

24 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

Parents after games!!!! Just JOKES BUT THIS IS FUNNY!!!

:D:D:D