Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 6 Schedule/Predictions- Everything but Gilman

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

Campbell has impacted the CHC defense with an INT, Fumble Recovery for TD, multiple sacks, is one of the team’s better tracklers and scored on offense as a FB.  He makes everyone around him better and is a team leader.  I don’t think Madison makes his entire team better like Campbell.  Is he a shutdown corner, too?

Campbell had the game of his life against MSJ! Everybody on CHC’s defense did. I have seen two other CHC games this year, the RB game, didn’t even know where he was on the field. Madison, changes the whole defensive scheme of teams. He is also a shutdown corner, but doesn’t play all game there. I expect, they wil play him there a lot against CHC. 

I agree with you, if Gilman doesn’t blitz, they will have issues. Not sure if your QB will carve them up, because Gilman’s DB’s are good. But their LB’s are slow, if the Beard kid is out. 

Gilman isn’t just three players. They have D1 commit Willis, who’s very good on both sides of the ball, a very good OLB in Alex Slodzinski and very good DL. Gilman is lacking at QB, LB, OL and coaching. I think CHC should absolutely be favored in the game, but think Gilman definitely can win this, if the coaches make the right adjustments. Because Gilman has the better top end talent. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

But yet a 1 - 5  to be team....

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Campbell had the game of his life against MSJ! Everybody on CHC’s defense did. I have seen two other CHC games this year, the RB game, didn’t even know where he was on the field. Madison, changes the whole defensive scheme of teams. He is also a shutdown corner, but doesn’t play all game there. I expect, they wil play him there a lot against CHC. 

I agree with you, if Gilman doesn’t blitz, they will have issues. Not sure if your QB will carve them up, because Gilman’s DB’s are good. But their LB’s are slow, if the Beard kid is out. 

Gilman isn’t just three players. They have D1 commit Willis, who’s very good on both sides of the ball, a very good OLB in Alex Slodzinski and very good DL. Gilman is lacking at QB, LB, OL and coaching. I think CHC should absolutely be favored in the game, but think Gilman definitely can win this, if the coaches make the right adjustments. Because Gilman has the better top end talent. 

I was being sarcastic about the CHC QB.  85Knight, George VI and Old Gator think he’s “elite”,  

I’ve never seen Booker have a good game like a Melvin Kiehn.  Spanky hasn’t stood out on Greyhound TV either.  Madison is very good at RB but he ain’t a HS shutdown corner from what I’ve seen.  Chance Campbell is a very good all-around football player. Period. We’ll see who is more valuable to their team on Friday.

Let’s take this over to the GA Rant thread.  I’ll repost my last response over there. Give EI his scores thread.

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

BBalls!!!!  Where you been....  I thought 40b may have done something back door to you after you kicked in his front teeth a couple weeks ago.  Anyway, what's the Vegas line on the Poets - Poly affair this weekend.?

DW...You know Bad Boy’s move in silence.  DBar will do what needs to be done with regards to Poly.  Won’t spend too much time talking about that upcoming affair.  Nuff said.

Dammmmmmmmmmmnnn!!!  DBar be focused!!!!  Water down the Poly tuff so The Poets don't burn it up this weekend....

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

I was being sarcastic about the CHC QB.  85Knight, George VI and Old Gator think he’s “elite”,  

I’ve never seen Booker have a good game like a Melvin Kiehn.  Spanky hasn’t stood out on Greyhound TV either.  Madison is very good at RB but he ain’t a HS shutdown corner from what I’ve seen.  Chance Campbell is a very good all-around football player. Period. We’ll see who is more valuable to their team on Friday.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid he’s nowhere near elite all you have to do is study his footwork to see that 

Eastern Tech at Hereford - The game between these two often decides their divisional championship, and that could be the case again this year. ET has won three straight, while Hereford has won four. Since both teams run ground-oriented offenses, we should see fewer points in the Zone than in the last two weeks. Look for the Bulls to outlast the Technicians in a game that should be close throughout. Hereford-27, Eastern Tech-20.

Chesapeake (BC) at Towson - The Chesapeake Bayhawks are riding high after an 18-8 win over a solid Overlea team. Meanwhile, Towson is coming off a less than impressive win over one-win Sparrows Point. Chesapeake has definite 1A playoff aspirations, and could derail Towson's in 3A with a win here. The Bayhawks get the job done. Chesapeake-20, Towson-14.

Calvert Hall at Gilman. The Cardinals should carry plenty of momentum forward from their very impressive win over Mt. St. Joe last week. Gilman is coming off a bye week, which may or may not be to their benefit. Don't look for a lot of points to be scored in this game, but most of those should come from Calvert Hall. CHC puts the game out of reach with a late field goal. Calvert Hall-17, Giman-7.

Also:

Boys' Latin at Palotti

St. Paul's at Archbishop Curley

Overlea at Randallstown

Dunbar at Poly

Havre de Grace at Elkton

Howard at Long Reach

Linganore at Oakdale

Eastern Tech at Hereford - The game between these two often decides their divisional championship, and that could be the case again this year. ET has won three straight, while Hereford has won four. Since both teams run ground-oriented offenses, we should see fewer points in the Zone than in the last two weeks. Look for the Bulls to outlast the Technicians in a game that should be close throughout. Hereford-27, Eastern Tech-20.

Any details on the ET-Hereford game?

3 hours ago, bernieb. said:

Eastern Tech at Hereford - The game between these two often decides their divisional championship, and that could be the case again this year. ET has won three straight, while Hereford has won four. Since both teams run ground-oriented offenses, we should see fewer points in the Zone than in the last two weeks. Look for the Bulls to outlast the Technicians in a game that should be close throughout. Hereford-27, Eastern Tech-20.

Any details on the ET-Hereford game?

Eastern Tech won 26-20. Don't be misled by the score; this was a physical beat down by ET. They had no passing attack, but simply ran the ball down Hereford's throats with a corp of tough, but not fast, RB's. On the flip side, Hereford's running attack did nothing, and they were forced to go to the air to achieve what success they had. Hereford's blocking and tackling were terrible. The Bulls will lose to Overlea next week and Chesapeake in Week 10. This is the worst Hereford team since the pre-Turnbaugh era. The most disappointing aspect of this team is the utter lack of physicality. So uncharacteristic.

22 hours ago, Operations said:

Eastern Tech won 26-20. Don't be misled by the score; this was a physical beat down by ET. They had no passing attack, but simply ran the ball down Hereford's throats with a corp of tough, but not fast, RB's. On the flip side, Hereford's running attack did nothing, and they were forced to go to the air to achieve what success they had. Hereford's blocking and tackling were terrible. The Bulls will lose to Overlea next week and Chesapeake in Week 10. This is the worst Hereford team since the pre-Turnbaugh era. The most disappointing aspect of this team is the utter lack of physicality. So uncharacteristic.

Thanks.