OriginalColtsFan

The OFFICIAL Steelers @ Ravens 10/1/17 game thread

160 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I think they can still be in the hunt, but it depends on what happens in the West and the South.  I don't see anyone from the East outside of New England.  In the South Jacksonville, and Tennessee could make noise.  The West has three teams that could all get in.  But honestly the Ravens offense is so pitiful it is becoming hard for me to imagine how they can compete with anyone.  That Pittsburgh is handling them doesn't shock me, I've been saying for over a month the Steelers are a better overall team.  The problem moving forward is that the Raven's offense is not a fluke.  They are a bad offensive football team with limited weapons.   

And what about the Ravens defense?

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And what about the Ravens defense?

In fairness to the defense, they have been on the field for an awfully long time. This was true in Great Britain and it is true today. The offense has also given the opponents great field position by mostly going 3-and-out.

Ben literally has all day to throw. This team is bad from top to bottom.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

In fairness to the defense, they have been on the field for an awfully long time. This was true in Great Britain and it is true today. The offense has also given the opponents great field position by mostly going 3-and-out.

Really? The defense on the first drive was on the field for 10 minutes. So just stop that nonsense already.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

The defense looks horrible

Everybody looks horrible,... including and especially Flacco! Hey,.. but he's the Golden Boy everybody in here seems to love so much!

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

Really? The defense on the first drive was on the field for 10 minutes. So just stop that nonsense already.

I was mostly referring to the Jacksonville game. Every team gives up long drives but this offense stinks. On the drive you are referring to today the Ravens still only gave up 3 points. In fact, the Steelers only had those three points 2/3rds into the 2nd quarter. Now they are warn out because the offense cannot do anything - not one drive in the first half. 

This season looks like it will be long, and ugly, with double digits in the loss column.

The defense is making the Steelers offense look like what it has wanted to look like all season long.  The defense looks anything but great.  The offense is giving them no help at all though.  They can't sustain much of anything at all.  Couldn't even get into better FG position off of a good run back, and of course they had no timeouts left.  Pathetic.  Shut out in the first half for the second straight week. 

2 minutes ago, ericpd said:

Everybody looks horrible,... including and especially Flacco! Hey,.. but he's the Golden Boy everybody in here seems to love so much!

Yeah. Especially that pass he put right in Wallace's hands as he was racing down the sideline that he dropped. I guess it's up to Joe to throw the ball AND catch the ball too.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

This season looks like it will be long, and ugly, with double digits in the loss column.

Yeah my 9-7 prediction is clearly not happening. 

Glad I have steamed crabs, teriyaki venison kabobs and sausage-and-peppers to make me semi-happy. Ravens look anemic everywhere. 

1 minute ago, cprenegade said:

The defense is making the Steelers offense look like what it has wanted to look like all season long.  The defense looks anything but great.  The offense is giving them no help at all though.  They can't sustain much of anything at all.  Couldn't even get into better FG position off of a good run back, and of course they had no timeouts left.  Pathetic.  Shut out in the first half for the second straight week. 

This season has the makings of a 5-11 repeat.

The Steelers figured out quickly to work on #1 draft pick Humphrey. 2 straight completions on their last TD drive.

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah. Especially that pass he put right in Wallace's hands as he was racing down the sideline that he dropped. I guess it's up to Joe to throw the ball AND catch the ball too.

:rolleyes:

It could well be my imagination, but it seems like Flacco's passes are difficult to catch. I don't pretend to understand how or why that would be true, but that's my impression.

But that's not the case here. Wallace needed to hold onto that football. And it's going to be difficult for any kind of play to develop behind that porous line. Hence, a bad season. The defense is making the same mistakes it made last year with arguably better players. Which points at Pees, to me. I honestly suspect that it is time to end the Harbaugh era, if that is the only way to get fresh ideas into the Castle.

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

It could well be my imagination, but it seems like Flacco's passes are difficult to catch. I don't pretend to understand how or why that would be true, but that's my impression.

But that's not the case here. Wallace needed to hold onto that football. And it's going to be difficult for any kind of play to develop behind that porous line. Hence, a bad season. The defense is making the same mistakes it made last year with arguably better players. Which points at Pees, to me. I honestly suspect that it is time to end the Harbaugh era, if that is the only way to get fresh ideas into the Castle.

They need to start over from top to bottom -- head coach/coordinators, and GM.

7 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Agreed!

I have just one question for our Ravens fans.  Does ANYONE out there really think that this coaching staff knows what they are doing???  Even have a vague idea of what they are doing?  

12 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

The team has problems in every part of the game. Injuries have been a major part, but that excuse can go only so far. This team looks like a bunch of lost souls.

Posted (edited)

Harbaugh is an idiot

...and so are the refs apparently...

Edited by Kawalimus

This offense is so godawful it drags the defense down with it. That's pretty rare to see.

Although I'm happy that we received the ball after that so-called interception. I think it's kind of interesting that you can intercept the ball after a guy is down.

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

Perriman to the rescue again!!!

LOL. In fairness, and even though Fouts said it could have been caught, that one was on Joe, IMO. The sad thing is Maclin was wide open on 3rd down and Joe got sacked before he could find him.

1 minute ago, tommyb said:

Although I'm happy that we received the ball after that so-called interception. I think it's kind of interesting that you can intercept the ball after a guy is down.

I think the ruling was that he never totally had possession and it was an int. Questionable call.

Flacco did 3 of the 4 things I now expect out of him.  1.  Sail one over the head of a wide open receiver 2. Throw a 2 yard pass and 3.  Eat the ball for a sack.

The good news is he didn't do #4--Throw an interception.

Yeah