OriginalColtsFan

The OFFICIAL Steelers @ Ravens 10/1/17 game thread

160 posts in this topic

Well, what do you know? Critical 3rd down, and the Ravens brought 5, and blew up the play, rather than giving Ben all day to pick them apart. Amazing concept.

Does Rossburg know how to coach the return team to return WITHOUT PENALTIES? I mean this is riducluous. EVERY SINGLE RETURN has a effin penalty.

3 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Does Rossburg know how to coach the return team to return WITHOUT PENALTIES? I mean this is riducluous. EVERY SINGLE RETURN has a effin penalty.

Very costly penalties too

Just now, Bawlmerian said:

Very costly penalties too

Always. They either negate decent returns, or end up constantly pinning the Ravens back inside their own 10 yard line. And it's been going on for years now.

Aw, C'MON JOE. That was a rookie int man!

Not to cast any bad luck, but the defense has played pretty well in this half. 

Just now, jamesdean said:

Not to cast any bad luck, but the defense has played pretty well in this half. 

Defense is keeping the team in the game. Offense like I said earlier- taking them out. Flacco lulls with some quick 1 progression reads and throws but in reality he's terrible at reading defenses. When he has to make 2 + progression reads he becomes ineffective. He's no longer a good qb. 

Honestly, at this point, I'd be content to shut Joe down for the season and bring in Woodrum. This team is not going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, poefolks said:

Defense is keeping the team in the game. Offense like I said earlier- taking them out. Flacco lulls with some quick 1 progression reads and throws but in reality he's terrible at reading defenses. When he has to make 2 + progression reads he becomes ineffective. He's no longer a good qb. 

The offense has been better in the second half, but how could it not be? They teased us a little bit; but too little; too late. Flacco is forcing balls in too much as well.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Honestly, at this point, I'd be content to shut Joe down for the season and bring in Woodrum. This team is not going anywhere.

Bell's probably thinking to himself right now, "holy crap am I glad I'm not running behind the Ravens line!!" 

2 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

The interesting thing that will be debated to no end will be do we draft one of these "stud" QBs with our top 5 draft pick this year.

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

Bell's probably thinking to himself right now, "holy crap am I glad I'm not running behind the Ravens line!!" 

The way Bell dances back there he looks like the next big winner of Dancing With The Stars.

;)

1 minute ago, poefolks said:

The interesting thing that will be debated to no end will be do we draft one of these "stud" QBs with our top 5 draft pick this year.

Well, so far, the top "stud QB" has looked like crap on a cracker so far this year.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

The way Bell dances back there he looks like the next big winner of Dancing With The Stars.

;)

Fundamentally, he defies logic but it's amazing how he can shift into overdrive on a dime.  He's unique and maybe the best runner in football. 

And the Ravens fall to 2-2.

We shoulda taken Colin when we had the chance! But noooo,.... way too much hate and way too much cheap patriotism! At least he'd brung an ability to function behind a porous O-line!

1 hour ago, ericpd said:

We shoulda taken Colin when we had the chance! But noooo,.... way too much hate and way too much cheap patriotism! At least he'd brung an ability to function behind a porous O-line!

I agree with you.  Not the most accurate passer in the league but he could do damage with his legs and with the way this offense has been assembled(mainly by attrition), I think it would actually play to his strengths.  So, if Flacco gets hurt for any extended period, you'll see yet another statue standing behind center. 

5 minutes ago, poefolks said:

I think maybe you think about it, but it isn't all that easy.  The Ravens pretty much need a lot of upgrading at just about every offensive position.  Joe Flacco has a large contract.  If you draft a QB and pay him top 10 or 5 money, you've got a lot of money tied up in one position.  You really can't cut Flacco because of dead cap money and a trade probably isn't going to happen so I think the Ravens are stuck with Flacco for the next several years and just have to hope that as they build the offensive line he will look more like the Flacco of 5 years ago than the one out there today.

9 minutes ago, poefolks said:

At this point I don't care who you draft, they're going to be ruined by this inept coaching staff. 

Posted (edited)

Perriman making sure he gets in another drop before time runs out. 

Edited by jamesdean
typo

31 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Always. They either negate decent returns, or end up constantly pinning the Ravens back inside their own 10 yard line. And it's been going on for years now.

At least I didn't embarrass myself with an optimistic score prediction 

The only good thing about today is that the Patriots lost.