Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gilmanalumni126

MIAA JV Football

130 posts in this topic

Really enjoyed this thread last year, so why not bring it back.

What is everyone's opinion on the JV Football situation in the MIAA? Who is the standout? Who is the worst? Lets talk about it.

So who did you enjoy the thread as last year?

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

As a guest. Never really had an account on here, just viewed from time-to-time.

Cool, welcome new G-Man....  ;)

Posted (edited)

Calvert Hall’s JV is 6-0 with victories over Gonzaga, Dunbar, Wise, Riverdale Baptist, SFA and MSJ.  They play Gilman this Thursday. 

There will be some jackass that inevitably says that CHC’s JV success doesn’t correlate to Varsity success but who cares.  That doesn’t matter.  JV kids need recognition, too.

Edited by TheGuru

47 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Calvert Hall’s JV is 6-0 with victories over Gonzaga, Dunbar, Wise, Riverdale Baptist, SFA and MSJ.  They play Gilman this Thursday. 

There will be some jackass that inevitably says that CHC’s JV success doesn’t correlate to Varsity success but who cares.  That doesn’t matter.  JV kids need recognition, too.

Completely agree on the recognition aspect. —

What pushes CHC ahead of the bunch? Is it their line, QB, skill players, or what?

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

LOL!

1 hour ago, ShoNuff said:

How is Calvert Hall's JV QB performing so far?

Ya wanna see CHC's JV.....   :D  :D  :D

3 minutes ago, themamba said:

LOL!

He was just a lurker for years perhaps who decided to join the mix and talk about Gilman's JV....  There's nothing like new blood for a vamp.  :D

2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

He was just a lurker for years perhaps who decided to join the mix and talk about Gilman's JV....  There's nothing like new blood for a vamp.  :D

Not entirely correct. I came to talk about MIAA football as a whole, not specifically Gilman JV. 

2 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Not entirely correct. I came to talk about MIAA football as a whole, not specifically Gilman JV. 

Okay cool but how did you manage to change names within three posts??????

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Don't forget G12 has expressed his fondness of the, quote - 'real dogs' - on Gilman's varsity. The same 3 thr other 13 handles repeat over and over again despite the team's futility, that has been.beyond measure,. He's coming on strong today,. Unfortunately, whats coming on strong is a Gilman stench, its putrid. No offense, G, but this stinks to the high heavens. As has been mentioned by plenty of posters, we need a 14th pro-Gilman, pro 1-4 team, pro- winners of 3 of their last 19, like we need another hole in our head. The foolishness has ran its course. Again, no ofcense. And, welcome.

Edited by themamba

1 minute ago, themamba said:

Don't forget G12 has expressed his fondness of the, quote - 'real dogs' -at Gilman. He's coming on strong today,. Unfortunately, whats coming on strong is a Gilman ztench, its putrid. No ofcense, G, but this stinks to the high heavens. As has been mentioned by plenty of posters, we need a 14th pro-Gilman, pro 1-4 team, pro- winners of 3 of their last 19, like we need another hole in our head. The foolishness has ran its course. Again, no ofcense. And, welcome.

And this one is a GA12 and GA126........  :D

2 hours ago, ShoNuff said:

How is Calvert Hall's JV QB performing so far?

Dont know.  I’ll be at the Gilman game at the Hall on Thursday and let you know afterward.

2 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

What pushes CHC ahead of the bunch? Is it their line, QB, skill players, or what?

I’ll let you know on Thursday.

2 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

The fact that they’ve got 1,200 boys in the school. Not many recruits playing JV anymore so school size matters. Same reason McDonogh struggles mightily at the JV level with 275 boys.

I always thought it would make a lot of sense to put Curley (600+ boys) in the A Conference for JV and send McDonogh down to the B to play against similar sized schools.

McDonogh has had a winning conference record in A Conference JV Football just once since 2004  while routinely fielding rosters of less than 25 players.

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

And this one is a GA12 and GA126........  :D

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Okay cool but how did you manage to change names within three posts??????

It seems I accidentally had created two accounts. I will be only using this one from now on. 

2 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

The fact that they’ve got 1,200 boys in the school. Not many recruits playing JV anymore so school size matters. Same reason McDonogh struggles mightily at the JV level with 275 boys.

I always thought it would make a lot of sense to put Curley (600+ boys) in the A Conference for JV and send McDonogh down to the B to play against similar sized schools.

McDonogh has had a winning conference record in A Conference JV Football just once since 2004  while routinely fielding rosters of less than 25 players.

MCD has too much school pride to send their team to the B conference. Gilman has had some rough years at both levels as well, but it’s not probable that change will happen at the JV scene. 

8 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

It seems I accidentally had created two accounts. I will be only using this one from now on. 

Yeah, that's easy to do and happens all the time.  :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Dont know.  I’ll be at the Gilman game at the Hall on Thursday and let you know afterward.

I'm telling you, I know.  I've seen CHC JV.  It was why I asked the name of #5 runningback....

3 hours ago, themamba said:

Don't forget G12 has expressed his fondness of the, quote - 'real dogs' - on Gilman's varsity. The same 3 thr other 13 handles repeat over and over again despite the team's futility, that has been.beyond measure,. He's coming on strong today,. Unfortunately, whats coming on strong is a Gilman stench, its putrid. No offense, G, but this stinks to the high heavens. As has been mentioned by plenty of posters, we need a 14th pro-Gilman, pro 1-4 team, pro- winners of 3 of their last 19, like we need another hole in our head. The foolishness has ran its course. Again, no ofcense. And, welcome.

😂😂 Mamba you cold blooded 

Am I crazy but does the JV forum morph into CHC's attempt at relevancy every year? JV is a pipeline for varsity nothing more nothing less. Keep your eyes on the prize: A Conference Championship. With the playoffs, there's only one champ and per Spalding's coach you better be saving something in your tool shed for the playoffs. 

And when was the last time Spalding won the MIAA A conference championship to say anything about who need to be saving what...????