Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gilmanalumni126

MIAA JV Football

151 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, DayWalker said:

I'm telling you, I know.  I've seen CHC JV.  It was why I asked the name of #5 runningback....

I responded in a PM.

16 hours ago, mop said:

Am I crazy but does the JV forum morph into CHC's attempt at relevancy every year? JV is a pipeline for varsity nothing more nothing less. Keep your eyes on the prize: A Conference Championship. With the playoffs, there's only one champ and per Spalding's coach you better be saving something in your tool shed for the playoffs. 

You are exactly the jackass-type I am referring to.  I pointed out an obvious fact. 6-0.  That always pisses off somebody to talk about the number of boys at CHC or your argument MOP. Go back and look at this thread over the past 2-3 seasons and the same POV is spit out by McDonogh & Gilman followers.  Hopefully the public school followers (Baltimore City & Howard Co) contribute to this thread like in the past.

FYI EI, CHC has recruits on JV. There is only one 9th grader on varsity this season.

3 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I responded in a PM.

HHHhhhmmmmm, I just glanced in PM Gu and I see nothing.....

6 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

FYI EI, CHC has recruits on JV. There is only one 9th grader on varsity this season.

Makes me wonder why they put recruits on JV when their varsity isn't fantastic, or even bother to recruit them at all. None of Gilman's recruits play JV.

And just who would be Gilman's so-called varsity recruits??

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And just who would be Gilman's so-called varsity recruits??

Conyers, Mason, Carroll, Grinnage (injured)

Edited by gilmanalumni12

19 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Makes me wonder why they put recruits on JV when their varsity isn't fantastic, or even bother to recruit them at all. None of Gilman's recruits play JV.

There are 13 sophomores, 23 juniors & 29 seniors on CHC’s varsity.  Leaves not much room for  freshman.  It also shows that CHC has more depth on varsity.  This is also reflected in CHC’s improved performances this season.  

IMO, it’s better for freshman to be playing instead of riding the bench on varsity.

25 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

HHHhhhmmmmm, I just glanced in PM Gu and I see nothing.....

It’s after the RBS vs ABC video you sent.

23 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Gilman has a very good ninth grade class. One of the best classes in the area actually. The Conyers kid is special. Elite athlete. But the two big DL kids, Mason and Carroll will be the most important in the future. 

1 minute ago, TheGuru said:

There are 13 sophomores, 23 juniors & 29 seniors on CHC’s varsity.  Leaves not much room for  freshman.  It also shows that CHC has more depth on varsity.  This is also reflected in CHC’s improved performances this season.  

IMO, it’s better for freshman to be playing instead of riding the bench on varsity.

Be very careful about this sort of thinking. This thinking lost you guys McGriff. Who should have never been on JV. Word is, Loyola’s recruits refuse to play Varsity, so that they can transfer to another MIAA school. 

6 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Conyers and Grinnage (injured), 

Two recruits? CHC has some good prospects on JV. Much more than two.  That is why Gilman is going down the drain.

Just now, TheGuru said:

Two recruits? CHC has some good prospects on JV. Much more than two.  That is why Gilman is going down the drain.

I edited the post. I forgot two people. None of them are on JV, they are the varsity recruits brought in. 

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman has a very good ninth grade class. One of the best classes in the area actually. The Conyers kid is special. Elite athlete. But the two big DL kids, Mason and Carroll will be the most important in the future. 

What’s new?  Another special, insane, all-everything future HOFer.  

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The JV team has some big boys as well. Noticed two massive linemen, could see them impacting the Varsity in the future as well.

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Be very careful about this sort of thinking. This thinking lost you guys McGriff. Who should have never been on JV. Word is, Loyola’s recruits refuse to play Varsity, so that they can transfer to another MIAA school. 

His father was calculated in keeping him on JV.  End of story.  CHC will graduate 29 seniors.  Every one of those JV players will be on varsity in 2018 and CHC will continue to get better.

3 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

His father was calculated in keeping him on JV.  End of story.  CHC will graduate 29 seniors.  Every one of those JV players will be on varsity in 2018 and CHC will continue to get better.

Not when they transfers out to SFA. 

6 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

:D ....and you forgot "real deal."

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Not when they transfers out to SFA. 

Was just going to say this. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Conyers is no doubt the truth my friend. Also, very good basketball player. Going to be great to see Gilman run over CHC on the court this year, with the new coach and transfers. 

Just now, DayWalker said:

:D ....and you forgot "real deal."

Carroll is 6'4 265lb. He is a freshman. Put those together and you get a monster in two years.

7 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

The JV team has some big boys as well. Noticed two massive linemen, could see them impacting the Varsity in the future as well.

I heard the JV had some size, just no skill players. Gilman’s line should be good next year, with everybody returning and some depth. And if Brady becomes the new Head Coach, watch out! 

Just now, gilmanalumni12 said:

Carroll is 6'4 265lb. He is a freshman. Put those together and you get a monster in two years.

Heard Carroll is also a good basketball player. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I heard the JV had some size, just no skill players. Gilman’s line should be good next year, with everybody returning and some depth. And if Brady becomes the new Head Coach, watch out! 

I'll be at their game Thursday. Will let you know if they have any talent whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Heard Carroll is also a good basketball player. 

Like the kid from the Caribbean?

Just now, TheGuru said:

Like the kid from the Caribbean?

You mean from England. No, bless him, but he’s as soft as it gets. Carroll is from that Brandon Madison area in Harford County. I think they’re neighbors, and reason why he came to Gilman. Youth league star in both sports. Met his family at MSJ game, dad and brother both about 6’6-6’7. Football is where Carroll will make his bones though. 

Will be very hard to get any time on this Gilman basketball team, the English won’t see the court. Conyers will see time though, he started on his Varsity last year as an 8th grader from what I heard. 

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You mean from England. No, bless him, but he’s as soft as it gets. Carroll is from that Brandon Madison area in Harford County. I think they’re neighbors, and reason why he came to Gilman. Youth league star in both sports. Met his family at MSJ game, dad and brother both about 6’6-6’7. Football is where Carroll will make his bones though. 

Will be very hard to get any time on this Gilman basketball team, the English won’t see the court. Conyers will see time though, he started on his Varsity last year as an 8th grader from what I heard. 

Cieran Sandy (The guy from England) will be a starter. He started at the 4 last year until he moved to the 5.