Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gilmanalumni126

MIAA JV Football

128 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Was just gonna post this. 

 

Messy game. Fights after every few plays. For gilman, number 70 and 55 were the stars. 70 played both sides and had a few sacks and pancakes on offense. 55 destroyed the defensive line of CHC. For CHC, their running back was outstanding. 

Number 70 & #55 were the stars in a game Gilman lost by 3 TDs?  You sure you and GA weren’t separated at birth?

Edited by TheGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Number 70 & #55 were the stars in a game Gilman lost by 3 TDs?  You sure you and GA weren’t separated at birth?

Can people not play well? They were obviously better than every other player in he game. Two people don’t win games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Can people not play well? They were obviously better than every other player in he game. Two people don’t win games. 

Well, one RB doesn’t win a game on his own either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Well, one RB doesn’t win a game on his own either.  

I was just naming who performed well. God, you’re so aggressive it’s annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Number 70 & #55 were the stars in a game Gilman lost by 3 TDs?  You sure you and GA weren’t separated at birth?

This score is a lot closer than I thought it would be, Gilman has all of their young talent on Varsity. If they had their 6 ninth grade players on JV, we would be having a different conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

This score is a lot closer than I thought it would be, Gilman has all of their young talent on Varsity. If they had their 6 ninth grade players on JV, we would be having a different conversation. 

Only freshman that is strictly on varsity is Jermaine Conyers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gilmanalumni12 said:

Only freshman that is strictly on varsity is Jermaine Conyers. 

The two linemen played against MSJ, so they cant play a JV game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The two linemen played against MSJ, so they cant play a JV game. 

Both Stretch and Kyrik played today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The two linemen played against MSJ, so they cant play a JV game. 

Pretty sure 55 was stretch (who i said dominated on offense). 70 (who i said was really great previously) wasn’t Kyrik but he was really impressive. Makes me question old Holley’s choice to put him on the JV. Same with 55. They could really help the varsity line. 

Edited by gilmanalumni12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Both Stretch and Kyrik played today. 

I know Carroll got in the game against MSJ, I also thought Mason played. Maybe I’m wrong, but pretty sure that if you play in a league game on Varsity, you can’t on JV. Maybe I miss something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Pretty sure 55 was stretch (who i said dominated on offense). 70 (who i said was really great previously) wasn’t Kyrik but he was really impressive. Makes me question old Holley’s choice to put him on the JV. Same with 55. They could really help the varsity line. 

How did the little Roberts look? I know he’s fast as hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I know Carroll got in the game against MSJ, I also thought Mason played. Maybe I’m wrong, but pretty sure that if you play in a league game on Varsity, you can’t on JV. Maybe I miss something. 

Pretty sure the same thing happened last year. I believe if they forfeit the championship on JV they can play anyone on the JV team (non seniors obviously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

How did the little Roberts look? I know he’s fast as hell. 

He had some strong tackles. He got injured on the last play. Not super impressed. He will grow hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Anyone else find the last 1hr of this thread funny 

It’s hilarious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Anyone else find the last 1hr of this thread funny 

I think it's funny. I know if you have some connection to either team it means something, but I read just to see the funny, well If Joe Flacco, Cyrus Jones, Ambrose Wooden, Victor and Darius Jennings played for Gilman how it would have been a different game and who the stars were in a 3 TD loss. It is amusing. Personally don't care who wins this game but like to see the explanations about how it was closer than the score indicates and the hypothetical's. It never ceases to both amaze me and amuse me at the same time. Better than Comedy Central by far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

He had some strong tackles. He got injured on the last play. Not super impressed. He will grow hopefully. 

Not Impressed, there is another guy on this forum who also is not impressed a lot uses the expression all the time. Are you sue you're not Mini Me to Austin Powers/GA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

I was just naming who performed well. God, you’re so aggressive it’s annoying. 

This forum can be brutal to sensitive newbies.  You haven’t seen aggressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He "special" --- "the Real Deal"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Anyone else find the last 1hr of this thread funny 

🙋🏾‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The two linemen played against MSJ, so they cant play a JV game. 

 

14 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Both Stretch and Kyrik played today. 

Saved for the subsequent Gilman forfeit investigation.  You two will be subpoenaed as witnesses.  Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SFA - 50

Gilman - 0

 

Score doesn’t really describe the game. The Gilman defense played great, led by #70 once again. Gilman offensive line was absolutely awful. Turned the ball over every time they possessed it. SFA’s linemen were really massive but extremely undisciplined. Overall, enjoyable game. #70 for gilman is still the guy that causes me to question why Holley keeps some of these players on the JV. Also, #55 for Gilman was great. Their RB, #33 is pretty horrible. Don’t see any potential from him. 

Edited by gilmanalumni12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

SFA - 50

Gilman - 0

 

Score doesn’t really describe the game. The Gilman defense played great, led by #70 once again. Gilman offensive line was absolutely awful. Turned the ball over every time they possessed it. SFA’s linemen were really massive but extremely undisciplined. Overall, enjoyable game. #70 for gilman is still the guy that causes me to question why Holley keeps some of these players on the JV. Also, #55 for Gilman was great. Their RB, #33 is pretty horrible. Don’t see any potential from him. 

And SFA’s JV lost to Loyola! You never know with young kids though. Look at the improvement Khari Jones has made this year. He’s becoming a very good player, that now looks like he can play at the FCS level. Wouldn’t have even thought that last year.  You just don’t know how some kids will progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

And SFA’s JV lost to Loyola! You never know with young kids though. Look at the improvement Khari Jones has made this year. He’s becoming a very good player, that now looks like he can play at the FCS level. Wouldn’t have even thought that last year.  You just don’t know how some kids will progress. 

I agree, I agree. I think SFA had some varsity players starting on their JV. Some helmets had varsity color schemes and others were just black. Very impressed with #70 and #55 and even #54 for Gilman. Still doesn’t make sense why they are on the JV despite dominating game in and game out. 

Edited by gilmanalumni12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

And SFA’s JV lost to Loyola! You never know with young kids though. Look at the improvement Khari Jones has made this year. He’s becoming a very good player, that now looks like he can play at the FCS level. Wouldn’t have even thought that last year.  You just don’t know how some kids will progress. 

You sure you didn’t impregnate some woman 23-24 yrs ago and owe some child support.  This kid seems like a chip off your own block.  An entertaining skull draggin’?  GilmanAlum12 gotta be your son! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0