Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RavensGrrl

Alex Collins

31 posts in this topic

last week: 9 carries, 82 yards (9.1/carry). this week: 9 carries, 82 yards (9.1/carry).

i'm starting to see a pattern here. B)

i like this guy, a lot. he has speed, power and determination.

that's about it for the offense. :(

1 stat you left out:

last week: 1 fumble lost

this week: 1 fumble lost

Other than that, the guy is about the only thing exciting about this team.

2 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

1 stat you left out:

Also, didn't 50 or so of those yards come on one carry? Still, the guy does show some big-play potential. 

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

1 stat you left out:

he didn't fumble last week but yes, he has to hold on to the ball. still, he's the mvp of the team at this stage. 

i see great things coming from this guy. particularly impressive as we have no passing attack at all to scare teams.

Edited by RavensGrrl

5 minutes ago, RavensGrrl said:

he didn't fumble last week but yes, he has to hold on to the ball. still, he's the mvp of the team at this stage. 

i see great things coming from this guy. particularly impressive as we have no passing attack at all to scare teams.

Was it week 1 he fumbled? My bad. I guess I just blocked out week 2 completely. LOL.

he lost a fumble against cleveland but had 6 yards/carry. it's give and take so far, i guess. 

i like his style but he has to fix that problem fast. 

One of the knocks on him was his ability to hold onto the ball

However the kid can ball and provides imo a back who can run between the tackles and catch the ball out of the backfield 

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

One of the knocks on him was his ability to hold onto the ball

However the kid can ball and provides imo a back who can run between the tackles and catch the ball out of the backfield 

Oh. So I make a thread in your honor and you don't even respond?

What? You don't write...you don't call...

;)

1 hour ago, RavensGrrl said:

he lost a fumble against cleveland but had 6 yards/carry. it's give and take so far, i guess. 

i like his style but he has to fix that problem fast. 

Agreed. I started driving the Collins bandwagon!

13 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Oh. So I make a thread in your honor and you don't even respond?

What? You don't write...you don't call...

;)

Lol i must've missed it 

You ready for Sunday night blabbering

7 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol i must've missed it 

You ready for Sunday night blabbering

I'm exhausted. The usual "IT'S ALL JOE'S FAULT" crowd is out in full bloom on all the message boards. It's exhausting just to read it.

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

I'm exhausted. The usual "IT'S ALL JOE'S FAULT" crowd is out in full bloom on all the message boards. It's exhausting just to read it.

Watched a coupleof plays and the absence of Yanda is so glaringif i were Joe id take a few weeks off with a back injury 

Oh wait 

10 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Watched a coupleof plays and the absence of Yanda is so glaringif i were Joe id take a few weeks off with a back injury 

Oh wait 

If I were Joe I'd go on IR and wait. And wait. And wait. (Honestly, if I were Joe I'd give back the money for the final two years of the contract and ask to be traded.)

19 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

1 stat you left out:

I heard about a comment that Pitta made. He said JH hates when running backs fumble. Fumble once, and your ok. Fumble twice, you aren't getting any more playing time. If true, we saw the last of Collins yesterday. 

25 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I heard about a comment that Pitta made. He said JH hates when running backs fumble. Fumble once, and your ok. Fumble twice, you aren't getting any more playing time. If true, we saw the last of Collins yesterday. 

We've seen that for years from Harbaugh. Not that it's wrong or right, but it's his "style". It's one reason I'm not sure he's all that great at developing young talent.

51 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Not true apparently. His.big run came after the fumble. 

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Not true apparently. His.big run came after the fumble. 

Maybe he's softened on that rule. Lack of options will do that to a coach. :P 

10 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I don't think he has many options. He will have to go against his usual tendencies. And that might actually be a good thing.

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

That was my thought exactly. He really HAD no other RB options at that point, just like when he "chose" to start Joe after both Boller and Troy Smith were unavailable.

He's the best runner Harbaugh has and as pitiful as this offense has been, he's in no position to bench him if he has any sense left in his head.  What about all the interceptions Flacco is throwing?  Apparently that is tolerated by Harbaugh or at least rationalized.  Why?  Because who else does he have?  All the greatest runners in NFL history fumbled the ball occasionally.  Barry Sanders fumbled the ball 10 times his rookie season.  OJ Simpson put the ball on the ground 62 times during his career.  The year Jamal Lewis ran for over 2,000 yards, he fumbled 8 times.  Until West or Allen show they can break off 50+ yard runs, Collins will continue to be out there. 

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

He's the best runner Harbaugh has and as pitiful as this offense has been, he's in no position to bench him if he has any sense left in his head.  What about all the interceptions Flacco is throwing?  Apparently that is tolerated by Harbaugh or at least rationalized.  Why?  Because who else does he have?  All the greatest runners in NFL history fumbled the ball occasionally.  Barry Sanders fumbled the ball 10 times his rookie season.  OJ Simpson put the ball on the ground 62 times during his career.  The year Jamal Lewis ran for over 2,000 yards, he fumbled 8 times.  Until West or Allen show they can break off 50+ yard runs, Collins will continue to be out there. 

Wait...so...you think it's really important for the Ravens to run the football? (Just makin sure I understand correctly.)

;)

13 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

agree, he's our best option. he's 2nd in the league with 8.2 yards/carry. although john did say in his press conference yesterday that alex will be on a short lease, concerning the fumbles. may joe will too, he's turned the ball over in 10 straight games. 

Here's John Harbaugh's *cough* honest *cough* candid * straight from the hip *cough* take on Collins:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-alex-collins-fumbling-issues-are-correctable-20171002-story.html

“We’re working on the way he carries the ball a little bit technique-wise. He’s got one or two things that are an issue that we’re trying to fix. I do think in his case, it can be corrected. I think he’s very conscious of it."

“I feel the same way about all of our guys. I don’t think we have any quote-unquote fumblers. Once you feel a guy’s a fumbler, you’re pretty much done with him. But none of our guys, I feel that way about them. I think all of those guys are conscientious. We just need to focus a little more on holding onto the football the right way.”

After a brief pause, Harbaugh continued, “I say this: we can’t be turning the ball over. That’s just it. That’s not the way we’re going to win games around here. I don’t think too many teams are. If any player doesn’t get it done, it’s going to be a problem. If we want to win, we’ve got to hold onto the football.”

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Wait...so...you think it's really important for the Ravens to run the football? (Just makin sure I understand correctly.)

;)

Even more so than usual.  When you're quarterback's getting crushed trying to throw and you have receivers who can't catch the ball, it's time to just hand the keys over to running attack.  Look for it to be emphasized BIG TIME in Oakland.  I know it keeps you in the basement of passing stats but I'd rather win games. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Even more so than usual.  When you're quarterback's getting crushed trying to throw and you have receivers who can't catch the ball, it's time to just hand the keys over to running attack.  Look for it to be emphasized BIG TIME in Oakland.  I know it keeps you in the basement of passing stats but I'd rather win games. 

I felt like in Sunday's game they'd gotten away from the running game and it would eventually come back and bite them. It, along with a lot of other things, did.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan