Uh oh

57 posts in this topic

Haters gonna hate.

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Haters gonna hate.

Lol hearing you say that made me laugh

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol hearing you say that made me laugh

You think I'm funny? Funny how? Like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? Funny how? Tell me how I'm funny."

(Classic Joe Pesci!!!)

;)

9 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

You think I'm funny? Funny how? Like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? Funny how? Tell me how I'm funny."

(Classic Joe Pesci!!!)

;)

That's the one.

16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Okay, one more time, Ronnie, and I'll try to put it simply for you. None of us regular people can engage in open political protests at work, and we DO NOT WANT politics in our recreational endeavors like watching pro football. And please, make no mistake, no one's fooled by the kneel before the anthem; the message is the same.

17 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Okay, one more time, Ronnie, and I'll try to put it simply for you. None of us regular people can engage in open political protests at work, and we DO NOT WANT politics in our recreational endeavors like watching pro football. And please, make no mistake, no one's fooled by the kneel before the anthem; the message is the same.

You have a problem with the message?

Ronnie, try concentrating on protecting Joe Flacco and opening up holes for the running game.  Bisciotti's not paying you to protest. 

31 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Ronnie, try concentrating on protecting Joe Flacco and opening up holes for the running game.  Bisciotti's not paying you to protest. 

BOOM!

once again the Ravens fans show their true lack of class and intelligence. Booing the team because they took a knee during a MOMENT OF SILENCE makes cheering when Kyle Boller got injured seem almost reasonable. I'll best most of those booing had no problem with the "Tebow". For those yahoos complaining about freedom of expression in workplace...the stadium is the players workspace and their employer has given them the latitude to express their opinions as individuals. Deal with it, this is how private enterprise works. If you picked an employer who requires strict adherence to making public statements, too bad you picked the wrong employer. You do realize the players are individuals and are allowed to express themselves just as we are as fans. It is really telling that fans think that watching someone else work w/o expressing themselves is acceptable. The Romans had the same approach with gladiators. I wonder how many people wanted to give the players the Roman thumbs-down, and have the players put to death because the players were wrongly interpreted as ruining somebody's "entertainment"? Baltimore once again cemented itself as one of the white trash capitals of the US. It is embarrassing to the city. All the people who stayed home thinking they were making a statement-- you did-- you proved that a fool and his money are easily separated. the team already has your money. Stay away in droves and by all means sell your tickets (or better yet, give them away if you truly believe you are right)and spend Sunday's yelling at people to get off your lawn. Those of us who are old enough know that having an NFL team is a privilege, not a right. If I am SB, I'm thinking long and hard about continuing my relationship with the fans and the city.

46 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

His protesting has little to do how he can protect the quarterback. The OL line will still be bad even if they don't protest at all. And Stanley is arguably the best lineman that's still standing.

7 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

once again the Ravens fans show their true lack of class and intelligence. Booing the team because they took a knee during a MOMENT OF SILENCE makes cheering when Kyle Boller got injured seem almost reasonable. I'll best most of those booing had no problem with the "Tebow". For those yahoos complaining about freedom of expression in workplace...the stadium is the players workspace and their employer has given them the latitude to express their opinions as individuals. Deal with it, this is how private enterprise works. If you picked an employer who requires strict adherence to making public statements, too bad you picked the wrong employer. You do realize the players are individuals and are allowed to express themselves just as we are as fans. It is really telling that fans think that watching someone else work w/o expressing themselves is acceptable. The Romans had the same approach with gladiators. I wonder how many people wanted to give the players the Roman thumbs-down, and have the players put to death because the players were wrongly interpreted as ruining somebody's "entertainment"? Baltimore once again cemented itself as one of the white trash capitals of the US. It is embarrassing to the city. All the people who stayed home thinking they were making a statement-- you did-- you proved that a fool and his money are easily separated. the team already has your money. Stay away in droves and by all means sell your tickets (or better yet, give them away if you truly believe you are right)and spend Sunday's yelling at people to get off your lawn. Those of us who are old enough know that having an NFL team is a privilege, not a right. If I am SB, I'm thinking long and hard about continuing my relationship with the fans and the city.

Great post sir.. 

2 hours ago, Bassman said:

Bassman haven’t seen you on the Os side in awhile 

to be fair regular people’s line of work is a tad different than playing a game for millions wouldn’t you agree

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

His protesting has little to do how he can protect the quarterback. The OL line will still be bad even if they don't protest at all. And Stanley is arguably the best lineman that's still standing.

My point being that the football field and the game are his job.  That's what he's paid to do.  Can you imagine if any of us decided to protest some cause while at work? That would go over well, wouldn't it?  If you're a religious person, God supposedly will hear your prayers no matter where you are.  Why don't they kneel and pray in their bedrooms and let God take care of the rest.  And I'll appreciate them leaving me out of it.  

3 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

My point being that the football field and the game are his job.  That's what he's paid to do.  Can you imagine if any of us decided to protest some cause while at work? That would go over well, wouldn't it?  If you're a religious person, God supposedly will hear your prayers no matter where you are.  Why don't they kneel and pray in their bedrooms and let God take care of the rest.  And I'll appreciate them leaving me out of it.  

I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU, JD!!!

;)

(OK. That's a lie. I don't pray for anybody or anything.)

2 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

The entertainment industry is different from us who have regular jobs. And to my knowledge none of the players protested during the game itself. and another thing, it wasn't like they were screaming/yelling at the crowd or destroying property or anything like that. They have been just kneeling.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

The entertainment industry is different from us who have regular jobs. And to my knowledge none of the players protested during the game itself. and another thing, it wasn't like they were screaming/yelling at the crowd or destroying property or anything like that. They have been just kneeling.

I can see your point but if it IS different than regular jobs, then maybe the disclaimer is that the fans, who mostly do have regular jobs, will in all likelihood, not appreciate a group of athletes showing their disdain for the President at the expense of paying customers.  

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

Wow. Just wow.

(Talk about "Old man yells at clouds...")

grandpa simpson yelling at cloud

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

I can see your point but if it IS different than regular jobs, then maybe the disclaimer is that the fans, who mostly do have regular jobs, will in all likelihood, not appreciate a group of athletes showing their disdain for the President at the expense of paying customers.  

FWIW when I go to a game I am there to watch the game; but in recent years there is so much at the stadiums and arenas that have little to do with the game. I haven't been to an NBA in a long time. Last time I did go, I thought they forgot there was a game there and replaced it with a rock concert all with flashing lights and a laser show. I actually can enjoy a game without all of that.

And in this case I don't see players kneeling for the national anthem as anything big. I mean I could look all around the stadium and see fans (probably the same ones that are so upset with the players for this) looking at their cell phones, talking, having their backs turned, keeping their caps on, hands not over heart, etc, etc.. during the national anthem while others are feeding themselves or going to the restrooms.

Edited by ncbirdfan

4 hours ago, Bassman said:

You can only put something simply for someone else if you understand it well yourself. You do not. Stop believing serial liar Trump when he tells you what the protest means, and listen to the protestors. It's not political. Trump thinks it is for reasons only he understands.

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

You can only put something simply for someone else if you understand it well yourself. You do not. Stop believing serial liar Trump when he tells you what the protest means, and listen to the protestors. It's not political. Trump thinks it is for reasons only he understands.

Here in NC there are many Trump supporters and I have found a long time ago that they really don't want any truth. They are conditioned to believe anything trump says no matter the globs of evidence to suggest otherwise. I have noticed here in the baseball forum at least most here are civil though.

6 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Wow. Just wow.

(Talk about "Old man yells at clouds...")

grandpa simpson yelling at cloud

I understand that grandpa simpson was a tribute to you....

once again you can't come up with a decent response, so you go childish....things haven't changed....

anytime you want to discuss/disagree with my assessment of yesterday's assinine display of stupidity, join in with a real response.....

5 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Here in NC there are many Trump supporters and I have found a long time ago that they really don't want any truth. They are conditioned to believe anything trump says no matter the globs of evidence to suggest otherwise. I have noticed here in the baseball forum at least most here are civil though.

had several discussion with the security personnel before the game yesterday, many were baffled by the response of the fans.....on Saturday, people were throwing away jerseys, coats, jackets and other merchandise....a nobler gesture would have been to give it to a charity....yesterday was fake patriotism day...many wore red, white , and blue to give a signal to the NFL that the only opinion that matters is those who believe in trying to silence non-violent protests....Teddy Roosevelt once said " It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.".... very appropriate given the moronic display yesterday.....

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

as I said, yesterday was a low point for fan behavior......and most of it was driven by not having a clue about the real issue at hand.....many didn't listen to what was said before the moment of silence....they just wanted their opportunity to express their lack of class.....however, having grown up in bawlmer, I am not surprised the fans aren't smart enough to get the nuances of the situation....taking a knee was not a protest.....but some want to cling to that to that belief.....the dumpster fire of a president has lowered the discourse in the country to appeal to the aggrieved......can't wait to see what happens at the next home game when there will most likely be a moment of silence for the victims in Las Vegas.....I am sure as soon as a player kneels, the boos will come out again....