Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Uh oh

57 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

I understand that grandpa simpson was a tribute to you....

once again you can't come up with a decent response, so you go childish....things haven't changed....

anytime you want to discuss/disagree with my assessment of yesterday's assinine display of stupidity, join in with a real response.....

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

yes, I'd say you've been asleep for quite some time.....ignorance is bliss, around you, it's ecstatic.....

Edited by can you hear me now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't understand the booing. I heard the announcement about the prayer. Maybe some thought they were going to kneel thru the anthem. Or some are still pissed off about last Sunday in London.

I stood the whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

I didn't understand the booing. I heard the announcement about the prayer. Maybe some thought they were going to kneel thru the anthem. Or some are still pissed off about last Sunday in London.

I stood the whole time.

My guess is it's a combination of those two thoughts.  Hopefully the majority are embarrassed enough to think and ask questions before simply reacting negatively to what they think was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else, besides me, have a problem with fans being asked/told to pray? It's certainly a stretch to presume that everyone in the stadium believes in one or more gods. What's next... a stadium-wide recitation of the Lord's Prayer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, regularguy said:

Does anyone else, besides me, have a problem with fans being asked/told to pray? It's certainly a stretch to presume that everyone in the stadium believes in one or more gods. What's next... a stadium-wide recitation of the Lord's Prayer?

 

There are moments of silence from time to time at games.You can if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, regularguy said:

Does anyone else, besides me, have a problem with fans being asked/told to pray? It's certainly a stretch to presume that everyone in the stadium believes in one or more gods. What's next... a stadium-wide recitation of the Lord's Prayer?

 

Why would you have a problem with it if it wasn't required?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, regularguy said:

Does anyone else, besides me, have a problem with fans being asked/told to pray? It's certainly a stretch to presume that everyone in the stadium believes in one or more gods. What's next... a stadium-wide recitation of the Lord's Prayer?

 

Yes, I would have a problem with it but the overwhelming majority of people believe in a God that can be prayed too.  I think Bruce was assuming as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 9:30 AM, stevez51 said:

I didn't understand the booing. I heard the announcement about the prayer. Maybe some thought they were going to kneel thru the anthem. Or some are still pissed off about last Sunday in London.

I stood the whole time.

I don't think the fans buy the idea that the kneeling was ever about praying. That is not why Kaepernick ever kneeled. Steelers got the message and came out for the anthem and stood.  They found a way to right the PR ship.  Raven's still searching.... And while they do that, they should also still be searching for some healthy playmakers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikemor1 said:

I don't think the fans buy the idea that the kneeling was ever about praying. That is not why Kaepernick ever kneeled. Steelers got the message and came out for the anthem and stood.  They found a way to right the PR ship.  Raven's still searching.... And while they do that, they should also still be searching for some healthy playmakers.  

Good, strong post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikemor1 said:

I don't think the fans buy the idea that the kneeling was ever about praying. That is not why Kaepernick ever kneeled. Steelers got the message and came out for the anthem and stood.  They found a way to right the PR ship.  Raven's still searching.... And while they do that, they should also still be searching for some healthy playmakers.  

Im confused 

Are you saying the fans are against kneeling social injustice(Kaepernick) or against prayer?

Playmakers well thats a search thats been going on about as long as the Os have been searching for a pitcher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Im confused 

Are you saying the fans are against kneeling social injustice(Kaepernick) or against prayer?

Playmakers well thats a search thats been going on about as long as the Os have been searching for a pitcher 

When the players first took the group knee in London, it was clear that action was not about praying. Ray Lewis may have been praying once he knelt, Suggs and team were not praying, just kneeling-look at their faces. To kneel for the Anthem of their own country but rise and stand for God Save the Queen, communicated it was not about prayer.  It was to defy the president because up until his cringeworthy comments, no Raven's were kneeling for social justice or prayer. What the players hadn't counted on was that it was perceived as a slap in the face to our country on an international stage, and that was an embarrassment.

So now they come back and try to thread the needle.  I guess it was obvious that was all they were doing and it just didn't play well. Hence, the booing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 10/3/2017 at 1:18 PM, regularguy said:

Does anyone else, besides me, have a problem with fans being asked/told to pray? It's certainly a stretch to presume that everyone in the stadium believes in one or more gods. What's next... a stadium-wide recitation of the Lord's Prayer?

 

people aren't going to a football game because they want to kneel, lock arms, or pray.

They are going to a football game to watch their team play the game only they are talented enough to play at this high a level.

They are not going there to support  or dis social justice causes or the act of praying.

They are there in support of the words of Al Davis, "Just win baby." 

 

Edited by mikemor1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

When the players first took the group knee in London, it was clear that action was not about praying. Ray Lewis may have been praying once he knelt, Suggs and team were not praying, just kneeling-look at their faces. To kneel for the Anthem of their own country but rise and stand for God Save the Queen, communicated it was not about prayer.  It was to defy the president because up until his cringeworthy comments, no Raven's were kneeling for social justice or prayer. What the players hadn't counted on was that it was perceived as a slap in the face to our country on an international stage, and that was an embarrassment.

So now they come back and try to thread the needle.  I guess it was obvious that was all they were doing and it just didn't play well. Hence, the booing.

I think most would agree that Ray is full of it and only doing things in the interest of Ray

IMO kneeling for god save the queen would have been a sign of disrespect since the players were kneeling not in protest of England or their government but in protest of Trump and our own injustices 

Sunday's pregame it sounds like the team went withba unifying approach and that too was slapped down

So i guess now one has to ask what is the way to get a wrong right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

people aren't going to a football game because they want to kneel, lock arms, or pray.

They are going to a football game to watch their team play the game only they are talented enough to play at this high a level.

They are not going there to support  or dis social justice causes or the act of praying.

They are there in support of the words of Al Davis, "Just win baby." 

 

Agreed but if the jersey of the guy you wear feels that hey something is wrong here and im going to speak wouldnt it make sense to back him especially if its for a legit reason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I think most would agree that Ray is full of it and only doing things in the interest of Ray

IMO kneeling for god save the queen would have been a sign of disrespect since the players were kneeling not in protest of England or their government but in protest of Trump and our own injustices 

Sunday's pregame it sounds like the team went withba unifying approach and that too was slapped down

So i guess now one has to ask what is the way to get a wrong right?

I think what mikemore1 is saying is that the Ravens PR department decided to try to pick up on the "Ray Lewis was kneeling to pray" in London (which, at the time, as an explanation of why he was doing what he was doing, was dubious at best) and in some contorted way give it validity by doing the same thing before the national anthem, but this time with all the players, as if that had been their intent all along. But the whole thing just blew up in their faces. (I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of what mikemore1 was saying.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

I think what mikemore1 is saying is that the Ravens PR department decided to try to pick up on the "Ray Lewis was kneeling to pray" in London (which, at the time, as an explanation of why he was doing what he was doing, was dubious at best) and in some contorted way give it validity by doing the same thing before the national anthem, but this time with all the players, as if that had been their intent all along. But the whole thing just blew up in their faces. (I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of what mikemore1 was saying.)

yes, that is what I am saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikemor1 said:

yes, that is what I am saying.

That's what I thought.

(You have to understand...that's a lot of parts for my good buddy Boab to process.)

LOL

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Agreed but if the jersey of the guy you wear feels that hey something is wrong here and im going to speak wouldnt it make sense to back him especially if its for a legit reason 

Kaepernick's error IMO was the day he wore his socks with the police portrayed as pigs.  And when there was no consequence for it, that also became the day the NFL made a mistake. I don't think it won either overwhelming support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I think most would agree that Ray is full of it and only doing things in the interest of Ray

IMO kneeling for god save the queen would have been a sign of disrespect since the players were kneeling not in protest of England or their government but in protest of Trump and our own injustices 

Sunday's pregame it sounds like the team went withba unifying approach and that too was slapped down

So i guess now one has to ask what is the way to get a wrong right?

Good point.

I guess the way you get a wrong right is to do what Pittsburgh did- no kneeling, just standing, then winning.

What Trump said was wrong and offensive, no doubt.  What Kaepernick did was questionable but his choice and I guess the NFL's also.  But actions have consequences. If the players really have concern over police brutality, put your money where your mouth is and start pouring money and effort into the problem places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I think what mikemore1 is saying is that the Ravens PR department decided to try to pick up on the "Ray Lewis was kneeling to pray" in London (which, at the time, as an explanation of why he was doing what he was doing, was dubious at best) and in some contorted way give it validity by doing the same thing before the national anthem, but this time with all the players, as if that had been their intent all along. But the whole thing just blew up in their faces. (I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of what mikemore1 was saying.)

If they had just came out and stood on the sideline nothing would have been said. The Steelers did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If they had just came out and stood on the sideline nothing would have been said. The Steelers did it.

Exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

Good point.

I guess the way you get a wrong right is to do what Pittsburgh did- no kneeling, just standing, then winning.

What Trump said was wrong and offensive, no doubt.  What Kaepernick did was questionable but his choice and I guess the NFL's also.  But actions have consequences. If the players really have concern over police brutality, put your money where your mouth is and start pouring money and effort into the problem places.

I can personally say that the ravens organization have done the “money where your mouth is” and the issue still at the forefront 

I agree actions have consequences but the actions of some players is to bring attention to the inaction to the issue and they are being vilified for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I think what mikemore1 is saying is that the Ravens PR department decided to try to pick up on the "Ray Lewis was kneeling to pray" in London (which, at the time, as an explanation of why he was doing what he was doing, was dubious at best) and in some contorted way give it validity by doing the same thing before the national anthem, but this time with all the players, as if that had been their intent all along. But the whole thing just blew up in their faces. (I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of what mikemore1 was saying.)

It seems a lot of this is blowing up in people’s faces 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

It seems a lot of this is blowing up in people’s faces 

Apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0