Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Uh oh

57 posts in this topic

Yeah, the Raven's FO and PR department have handled this whole thing worse than most of the other organizations.  First of all, why was Ray Lewis even in the middle of the players on the sideline in London?  He is not a member of the team or even the organization.  Inviting ex team members on the sidelines as guests is something that happens throughout the NFL, but he had no business being in the position that made it look like he was leading the team in the kneel down for whatever reason.  Bad image all the way around.  Second, why was the decision to kneel in prayer before the anthem and then stand not communicated better to the fans?  A lot of people either missed or did not hear the announcement at the game and started booing thinking that the team was going to kneel for the anthem when that was not the case.  All they had to do was communicate this to the news outlets the day before the game and all of that would have been avoided.  I knew what a number of teams had planned on Saturday night.  The Raven's absolutely blew the communications aspect of this whole thing and it blew up in their faces.  If I were Steve Biscotti, I would want answers.  

33 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Yeah, the Raven's FO and PR department have handled this whole thing worse than most of the other organizations.  First of all, why was Ray Lewis even in the middle of the players on the sideline in London?  He is not a member of the team or even the organization.  Inviting ex team members on the sidelines as guests is something that happens throughout the NFL, but he had no business being in the position that made it look like he was leading the team in the kneel down for whatever reason.  Bad image all the way around.  Second, why was the decision to kneel in prayer before the anthem and then stand not communicated better to the fans?  A lot of people either missed or did not hear the announcement at the game and started booing thinking that the team was going to kneel for the anthem when that was not the case.  All they had to do was communicate this to the news outlets the day before the game and all of that would have been avoided.  I knew what a number of teams had planned on Saturday night.  The Raven's absolutely blew the communications aspect of this whole thing and it blew up in their faces.  If I were Steve Biscotti, I would want answers.  

Why would you assume that Bisciotti was somehow out of the loop on this and would need to demand answers?

13 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Why would you assume that Bisciotti was somehow out of the loop on this and would need to demand answers?

Mainly because Biscotti seems like an owner who delegates more than gets involved.  I see him more as a person who says handle it and if you have any questions then get a hold of me.  I don't think he is someone like a Steinbrenner or Jerry Jones who needs to approve every little detail of the day to day operations.  At the end of the day, I think he lets his people make the decisions and then makes judgement on how they handled it.  

4 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Mainly because Biscotti seems like an owner who delegates more than gets involved.  I see him more as a person who says handle it and if you have any questions then get a hold of me.  I don't think he is someone like a Steinbrenner or Jerry Jones who needs to approve every little detail of the day to day operations.  At the end of the day, I think he lets his people make the decisions and then makes judgement on how they handled it.  

I think that that's an accurate assessment of his managerial style. However, this was a big deal, not some "little detail of day to day operations".

I think the kneeling in unity as a protest and then standing for the flag and the anthem works well.  They are still bringing the problem to the forefront without disrespecting - intentionally or not - the flag, the anthem and by extension the country.  If this had been the initial solution, this mountain out of a molehill issue would likely have remained rodent-sized.  

13 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I think that that's an accurate assessment of his managerial style. However, this was a big deal, not some "little detail of day to day operations".

I'm sure that Biscotti knew about what was planned the whole way.  It is whether he actually knew the details of how it would be communicated to the news outlets and ultimately the fans that I question.  He may have just allowed his FO and PR/communications department to handle it.  IF that is the case, I certainly would want an explanation on how they allowed something so controversial to be mis-communicated as badly as it was.  

26 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I'm sure that Biscotti knew about what was planned the whole way.  It is whether he actually knew the details of how it would be communicated to the news outlets and ultimately the fans that I question.  He may have just allowed his FO and PR/communications department to handle it.  IF that is the case, I certainly would want an explanation on how they allowed something so controversial to be mis-communicated as badly as it was.  

Thanks for the clarification.