Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RavensGrrl

An incredibly sad stat

17 posts in this topic

danny woodhead, who got hurt on the opening drive of the season, has more catches, yards and first downs than perriman.

if you extrapolate out breshad's numbers, thus far, over an entire season, he will have 8 catches for 44 yards and no td's.

how could he be this bad after showing some promise last year??

He always had a reputation for dropping passes going back to college but not to this extent.  If he hadn't been a 1st round draft pick, he wouldn't even be on the team. Someone facetiously posted that Perriman should be turned into a running back and although that will never happen, it's not a bad idea to at least do an end around with him or maybe a shovel pass in stride out of the backfield.  Somehow take advantage of his speed.  I'd rather see him returning kick-offs than Collins. Just amazing how the Ravens continue to whiff on 1st round receiver picks. 

56 minutes ago, RavensGrrl said:

danny woodhead, who got hurt on the opening drive of the season, has more catches, yards and first downs than perriman.

if you extrapolate out breshad's numbers, thus far, over an entire season, he will have 8 catches for 44 yards and no td's.

how could he be this bad after showing some promise last year??

Once NFL players "hear footsteps", it's all over. It happens.

Newsome has some weird fascination with "Speed" receivers that I cannot understand. These guys rarely work out for us. Guys like Mason and Boldin have been way more successful(well Boldin mostly after Cameron's dumb *** was sent away). Our best WR taken in the draft has been Torrey Smith, BY FAR. And I think lots of teams might even consider him kind of disappointing if they drafted him.

48 minutes ago, Kawalimus said:

Newsome has some weird fascination with "Speed" receivers that I cannot understand. These guys rarely work out for us. Guys like Mason and Boldin have been way more successful(well Boldin mostly after Cameron's dumb *** was sent away). Our best WR taken in the draft has been Torrey Smith, BY FAR. And I think lots of teams might even consider him kind of disappointing if they drafted him.

And the real irony is that Joe MADE Smith. Smith has done little after having left. Yet time and time again Joe gets saddled with the false notion that he can't elevate the play of those around him. That's basically all he's done since he's been here, since the talent has been so spotty at best. He clearly extended Mason's career. The last year Mason was here he had a decent year (around 700-ish yards, IIRC.) Not stellar, but decent. The very next year, after he left? He was on 2 teams and out of football before the year was up.

11 hours ago, Kawalimus said:

Have they thrown a deep pass much all year ..??

Outside of the one Wallace dropped .....

9 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Have they thrown a deep pass much all year ..??

Outside of the one Wallace dropped .....

You would think they would try at least a few times every week, given Wallace and Perriman's speed.  But the truth is, Flacco has never been accurate on fly patterns. He under throws almost all of them by putting too much air under them.  I've always suspected that they rarely practice it during the week.  Whatever the case may be, the days of watching Bert Jones connect with Roger Carr have been gone for decades. 

20 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

You would think they would try at least a few times every week, given Wallace and Perriman's speed.  But the truth is, Flacco has never been accurate on fly patterns. He under throws almost all of them by putting too much air under them.  I've always suspected that they rarely practice it during the week.  Whatever the case may be, the days of watching Bert Jones connect with Roger Carr have been gone for decades. 

They don't have the ability that Torrey Smith had of drawing a PI on the pass.

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

They don't have the ability that Torrey Smith had of drawing a PI on the pass.

I think if they showed it more frequently during games, the opposing corner backs and safeties would have to become more aggressive and I think you'd see the PI's go up. It's just not a part of the Ravens excruciatingly monotonous passing attack. 

Posted (edited)

Mornhinweg is, to me, hands down the worst OC in franchise history.  

Another sad stat, heard it stated on the radio today that the Browns are 2-29 in their last 31 games... eeesh...

Edited by Ravens2006

46 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Mornhinweg is, to me, hands down the worst OC in franchise history.  

Another sad stat, heard it stated on the radio today that the Browns are 2-29 in their last 31 games... eeesh...

Worse than Trestman?

Posted (edited)

There have been plenty of OCs that have disappointed, but to my eye, Marty's offense is hands down the most predictable, vanilla, and inappropriate for the talent on hand of them ALL.  To the point that I might punch a baby in the nose for Matt Cavanaugh to return.  :)  There is NOTHING done to keep opposing DLs / LBs off-balance or thinking of second options.  No misdirection, no change of pace, no quick developing plays... just brutally telegraphed plays.

Edited by Ravens2006

39 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

There have been plenty of OCs that have disappointed, but to my eye, Marty's offense is hands down the most predictable, vanilla, and inappropriate for the talent on hand of them ALL.  To the point that I might punch a baby in the nose for Matt Cavanaugh to return.  :)  There is NOTHING done to keep opposing DLs / LBs off-balance or thinking of second options.  No misdirection, no change of pace, no quick developing plays... just brutally telegraphed plays.

OK. They've all looked pretty much the same to me except for Kubiak.

7 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

OK. They've all looked pretty much the same to me except for Kubiak.

Caldwell's half season/playoff run offense was great.  Then it turned to the same old garbage the next season.

Is it me, or has there been little play action plays this season?  They are running the ball a lot (with some success), but it seems like no PA passes.  Maybe the overall ineptness is blinding me.

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

Caldwell's half season/playoff run offense was great.  Then it turned to the same old garbage the next season.

Is it me, or has there been little play action plays this season?  They are running the ball a lot (with some success), but it seems like no PA passes.  Maybe the overall ineptness is blinding me.

No, you're observant.  There hasn't been any the past couple of weeks that I saw.  One thing about the Ravens- the less they perform, the more vanilla the offense gets.  You'd think it would be the other way around to force the issue a bit.  To me, if you're going to be this conservative, just run the ball more often and take your time getting to the line of scrimmage.  The more time that defense is on the side line, the better. 

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

It seemed to me that in the game against the Browns I FINALLY saw slants (the TD to Maclin was on just such a slant) and pre-snap movement and a running attack that utilized angles instead of just pounding it up the middle. Then it all disappeared.

I still say give Tee Martin a chance, even if he starts as the QB coach.  oh and PS, Raven's should have drafted JuJu ---instead now they have to try and cover him.